Gosh, what an honour it is
天啊 多么荣幸啊
to be reuniting such a great talent with the stage.
能让这样的天才与舞台重聚
Is he here yet?
他到了吗
No, he's cutting the opening ribbon at Galaxy Mattresses.
还没 他正在给"银河床垫"剪彩
Well, once this show opens,
没关系 等这演出上映后
he'll be able to throw away his oversized novelty shears.
他就能扔掉超大号♥的花式剪刀了
Yes.
没错
I just came from the box office.
对了 我刚刚从售票处过来
Ticket sales are going at a brisk pace.
门票卖♥♥得相当可观
I'm not surprised. I've got half the station coming.
一点都不奇怪 半个电台的人都要来呢
I've got a group coming from the wine club.
品酒俱乐部也有一群人要来
You know, Niles, we've done a good job of getting the word out.
Niles 我们的宣传工作很到位啊
That's why we get to be producers. Yes, yes.
所以我们才能做制♥作♥人 没错
Hello, lads.
小伙子们 你们好
Mr. Hedley, please join us on the stage.
Hedley先生 快请上台来
Yes, or shall we say, on your stage. Oh, yes.
不 我该说 上到您的舞台来 没错
It is such a long time since I've trod the boards.
离我上次上台 已经过去好久了
Do you really think people are going to pay money
你们真的相信 时隔这么多年
to see me after all these years?
人们还会花钱来看我演出吗
The way things are going, we expect a sellout.
根据目前的态势 我们预期会卖♥♥空
One week from today, you'll be looking out on a packed house.
一周之后 这里将座无虚席
Really? Do you know the one thing
真的吗 关于现场演出
that I don't miss about performing live?
有一件事我很不喜欢
It's the jitters. It's the dry heaves.
我会紧张 还有干呕
Maybe this wasn't the best idea. No, no, sir, please. Please.
这个想法可能不是很好 请不要这样
The theatre is your true destiny.
戏剧 是您的命之所属啊
It courses through your veins. It fills your lungs.
它穿梭于你的血液 充满你的呼吸
This is your stage.
这里是您的舞台
Welcome home.
欢迎回家
And you said you'd never produced before.
你竟然说你从来没当过制♥作♥人
Ladies and gentlemen,
女士们先生们
I bring you to a hall in Elsinore castle.
我们带您来到 艾尔西诺城♥堡♥
Denmark.
位于丹麦
I die, Horatio.
我要死了 霍拉旭
The potent poison quite o'ercrows my spirit.
毒药正在侵袭我的理智
I cannot live to hear the news from England,
我无法活着听到英格兰的消息了
but I do prophesy th' election lights on Fortinbras.
但我预言福丁布拉斯将被选举为王
He has my dying voice.
他得到我垂死的赞许
The rest is...
其余的
...silence.
只有寂静
You know, you boys were right. It's as if I never left.
你们是对的 感觉像是从未离开一样
Fras. Just got my alligator pictures back.
Fras 我刚把鳄鱼的照片拿回来
Take a look.
你看
This? That's Captain Pete.
这是 皮特船长
Right.
好
That's the gator boat.
这就是那个平底船
That's the chicken.
那是鸡
Oh, and that's him. The one I call Snappy.
这就是那条鳄鱼 我叫他Snappy
What's that?
这是什么
Oh, that's Duke's bypass scar. I had to use up the roll.
那是Duke的搭桥手术疤 我得把胶卷用完
Yes, well, we'll have to look at these later, Dad.
我们过会儿再看这些吧 老爸
That'd be Niles.
Niles来了
He's here to discuss our show.
他来跟我商量演出的事情
You want a show? Well, take a tip from me, Mr. Producer.
要演出 听我一言 制片人先生
One alligator, one chicken, one satisfied audience.
一只鳄鱼一只鸡 一位观众很满意
Hello, Niles. Come in.
嗨 Niles 进来吧
Frasier, I got your message. It sounded urgent.
Frasier 我收到你消息了 像是急事儿
Yes, yes, it's about Jackson.
没错 是Jackson的事儿
Oh, please don't tell me he's getting any worse.
拜托别跟我说他演的更糟了
Yesterday, I saw the stagehands passing out earplugs.
昨天我看见后台人员在分发耳塞
It's not his fault. He's only rusty.
这不怪他 他只是生疏了一些
After years on that ridiculous space opera,
演了那么多年可笑的太空肥皂剧
he's picked up some bad habits.
他染上了一些坏习惯
Well, I was fortunate enough to find a videotape of his one-man show.
我幸运地找到了他演独角戏的录像
Once he sees this, it will remind him of what good acting is.
等他看过之后 就会想起怎样才能演好了
You know, shake loose the artist from the android.
把艺术家从机器人的枷锁中解放
That, sir, is why you are
正是因此 先生 才让你成为
the first Crane in Crane and Crane Productions.
"Crane和Crane制片"中的第一位Crane
Thank you, Niles. All right, listen.
谢谢 Niles 好了 听我说
Jackson's on his way over here. Let's take a quick peep at this.
Jackson正在来的路上 我们赶紧先看一眼
His Lear. Oh, gosh, that brings back memories.
他演李尔王 天啊 都是回忆啊
Here, let me turn up the volume.
我把声音调大点
Blow, winds, and crack your cheeks.
吹吧 风啊 胀破了你的脸颊
Rage! Blow!
猛烈地吹吧
You cataracts and hurricanoes,
你 瀑布一样的倾盆大雨
spout till you have drenched our steeples,
尽管倒泻下来 浸没了我们的尖塔
drowned the cocks.
淹沉了屋顶上的风标吧
He's awful.
他烂透了
The man has no instincts.
压根没有演戏的天赋
Just stinks.
完全糟透了
I guess we were just too young to know it.
可能当初我们太年轻吧
Frasier, this is going to be humiliating,
Frasier 这事儿会很丢人的
not just for us, but for Jackson.
不仅对我们 对Jackson也一样
What are we gonna do?
我们该怎么办
What all good producers do.
和好的制片人做一样的事
We'll shut down and blame the director.
停工然后怪罪导演
That'll be Jackson now.
Jackson来了
All we have to do is get Jackson to bow out gracefully
我们只需让Jackson优雅的谢幕
and we'll refund all the tickets.
然后退还所有的门票
Hello, lads.
小伙子们 你们好
Please, come in, Mr. Hedley.
请进 Hedley先生
You must be the Crane pater.
您一定是父亲Crane吧
It is a pleasure to encounter the headwaters
吾泛敝舟于双江之上
whence spring these twin rivers
今得见养育双子江的水之源头
upon which I have launched my humble craft.
甚是有幸啊
Likewise.
彼此彼此
I'm telling you, one gator, one chicken.
我说过了 一只鳄鱼 一只鸡
Please, Mr. Hedley, won't you sit down?
Hedley先生 快请坐
Yeah.
好
Oh, I see my producers have long faces.
我看到我的制片人们面露愁容
I think I know why.
我想我知道原因
You do? Well, it's obvious, isn't it?
是吗 很明显啊 不是吗
It is to us.
对我们来说 确实明显
Well, your worries are at an end.
不过你们不用担心了
I've fired the director. The man's a clod.
我炒掉了那个导演 他就是个呆子
I mean, not even the stagehands follow his directions.
就连后台的人都不听他的指挥
He shouts at them and they pretend not to hear.
他朝他们喊 他们都假装听不见
Mr. Hedley, it's not the director.
Hedley先生 这不怪导演
We have a problem. What sort of problem?
我们遇到了问题 什么样的
Let me be frank.
请允许我直说
Because an artist of your calibre deserves honesty.
您这般才华的人 应当被坦诚相待
An acting performance is a journey of discovery.
表演是一条不断探索的道路
This brief rehearsal time that we've given you
我们所安排给您的 短暂的排演时间
is far too short to reach Parnassus,
远不能企及帕纳索斯山的高度
home of the muses.
缪斯的家
Forgive us for being so blunt.
请原谅我们如此直白
Oh, I see. We're getting to the real problem.
我懂了 我们遇到真的问题了
I've got untested producers and they've got the jitters.
我没有经验的制片人怯场了
But not to worry, it's perfectly natural.
不过别担心 这是很正常的
Do you know I've never worked with producers
你们知道吗 我所有的制片人
who haven't wanted to pull the plug before the opening night?
在开演的前一天都想叫停
But I won't let you quit.
但我不会让你们放弃的
This show is going on.
这出戏非演不可
In the words of our great author:
正如我们伟大的作家所说
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood.
叫筋脉愤张 叫血气直冲
Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage,
把善良的本性变成一片杀气腾腾
then lend the eye a terrible aspect.
叫两眼圆睁
I think he's getting better, don't you?
我觉得他演的好些了 有没有
Fifteen minutes to curtain.
还有十五分钟开幕
Look out there.
看看外面
剧集 | 欢乐一家亲(1993) | 导航列表