Or perhaps your subconscious assigned new meaning
或者你潜意识里给这些字
to the words to reflect your own self-doubt.
赋予了反映你自我怀疑的额外意思
But all art is self-portraiture,
但是所有艺术都是自我表达
and that includes the written word.
这也包括了文字
However, we can only view art through the lens of our own psyches.
然而 我们只能通过自己的认知来看艺术
Then there is no pure art.
那就没有纯艺术了
How would you know?
你怎么知道
God, l've missed you.
天 我真想你
Oh, Frasier.
Frasier
Of course l'm proud of you.
我当然为你骄傲
Oh, thank you. It's so nice to know that.
谢谢 听你这么说真是太好了
lt really is. Thank you.
真的 谢谢
l really wish we had more time to talk,
真希望我们能多谈会儿
but l'm taking my wife out to dinner tonight.
但今晚我要带我妻子出吃饭
l wanna pick up some flowers before the shops close.
得在花店关门前挑点花给她
Yes, yes, of course.
当然 当然
This time, l think l'll write the card myself.
这次我会亲自写贺卡的
Yes, that's a good idea.
对 好主意
Gosh, it was great to see you again.
天 能见到你太好了
Yes.
是啊
Let's get together some evening. Oh, l'd like that.
哪天晚上我们一起吃一顿吧 太好了
lt's not often l get to dine with the recipient
我还真没怎么和终身成就奖的得主
of a lifetime achievement award.
一起吃过饭呢
Please, it's just a trinket for a little radio show l do.
拜托 只是小电台的调剂品罢了
Oh, not that by ''little'' l mean to minimise my achievement.
这个小不是说我成就小
l know. l know you know.
我知道 我知道你知道
l just wanna be clear,
只是想说清楚
so that you don't infer any meanings that aren't actually there.
你就不会无中生有出其他的意思了
What might l infer?
能无中生有出什么呢
Oh, that l'm somehow dissatisfied with my work, something like that.
比如我有点不满意我工作啊
You also called the award a ''trinket.''
你还用了"调剂品"来形容获得的奖
Can you imagine what l might have done with that?
你知道我会联想些什么吗
Yes, exactly.
对 正是啊
A lesser therapist might say that l didn't think much of an award
次点的心理师也许会说我认为颁这奖给我
that they're willing to give to the likes of me.
我根本就看不上眼
Mm. I suppose if one were looking hard enough,
如果再深入点
one could even say your coming down here
可以推测出你来我这儿
was a desperate quest for approval.
是极其渴望得到肯定
Oh, well, that one's a little out there. Yes.
这个就是捕风捉影了
Frasier, you don't have to worry. I'm not inferring anything.
Frasier 你不用担心 我没有含沙射影
Enjoy yourself this evening.
今晚好好享受吧
l will.
会的
Because tonight is my night. Yes.
因为今晚我是主角 正是
So long, professor. Goodbye.
再会 教授 再见
Oh, Frasier.
Frasier啊
Frasier?
Frasier
What the hell is wrong with me?
我究竟是怎么了
Yes, dear, l know we have reservations,
是的 亲爱的 我知道我们预约好了
but one of my former students is having a minor crisis.
但有个以前的学生遇到点小危机
l'll be there in half an hour.
我半个小时后到
What does it all mean?
这到底有什么意思啊
Make it an hour.
还是一个小时吧
Hello, everybody. Oh, hey, Roz. Whoa!
大家好啊 嘿 Roz 哇哦
You look great, Roz. Yeah. That's a beautiful dress.
你真漂亮Roz 是啊 裙子真好看
Thank you, and after two weeks of eating
谢谢 狂吃了两周的
delicious fat-burning cabbage soup,
减脂卷心菜汤
it finally fits.
终于能穿进去了
Niles made me cabbage with me Osso Buco last night.
Niles昨晚给我做了卷白菜炖小牛肘
lf l knew it burned fat, l would have had a fourth helping.
要是早知道能减脂 我就吃第四碗了
Well, we do have leftovers. No, we don't.
不过 我们还有点剩下 没了
l haven't seen Daphne in a while. Is it my imagination?
我是有一段时间没看Daphne了 是我出现幻觉了吗
No. Six squares a day.
不是 一天六顿
That's not like her. Maybe she's depressed.
这不像她性格啊 她抑郁了吗
That's when l eat. Have you said anything to her?
我抑郁就会吃 你说什么了吗
No. Timing is very delicate in something like this, Roz.
没 说这话可要挑准时机
l thought l'd wait until after she gets too big to catch me,
我要等到她胖到追不上我
but before she needs the motorised scooter.
又没胖到坐上电动轮椅再说
Hey, has anyone seen Frasier?
有人看到Frasier了吗
No, not yet. What's the matter? You look pale.
没 还没呢 怎么了 你脸色惨白
Well, l hate public speaking,
我讨厌公众演讲
and they roped me into giving Frasier's introduction.
他们非让我致欢迎辞
l just wanna make sure it's okay.
我要保证不出岔子
Why don't you run it by Niles? He's a psychiatrist too.
你当着Niles面过一遍吧 他也是个心理医生
And he's just as smart and successful as Frasier.
他也跟Frasier一样聪明 一样成功
Dad. lt's true. You are.
老爸 是真的 你真是
He is.
他确实是
Hey, Gil. So where is that elusive wife of yours?
Gil 你那个神秘莫测的妻子呢
lf you must know, Deb's on manoeuvres with her reserve unit.
你这么想知道 Deb和后备部队在排演
Ladies and gentlemen,
女士们 先生们
welcome to this year's Seattle Broadcasting Awards.
欢迎来到西雅图广播电台颁奖现场
Let's get right to our first category,
先来看第一项
Outstanding Restaurant Critic.
杰出美食评论员
And the nominees are: Merrill George for CafeChat,
提名者 来自咖啡闲谈的Merrill George
Sheldon Hastings for Here's Looking at Food
美食快看的Sheldon Hastings
and Gil Chesterton for Restaurant Beat.
餐厅专访的Gil Chesterton
And we have a tie.
获奖者是两个人
They expect me to share? What is this, dim sum?
他们让我分享 当这是什么啊 点心吗
And the SeaBeas go to Merrill George
海壁奖得主是Merrill George
and Sheldon Hastings.
和Sheldon Hastings
This can't be happening.
不可能吧
Oh, come on, Gil, isn't it enough just to be nominated?
拜托 Gil 能提名不是已经很好了吗
You tell me, Miss Three-Time-Loser.
你说呢 万年老二小姐
To all my listeners...
致我所有的听众
l know l should be happy, but l feel so dissatisfied.
我知道我该高兴 但是感觉太失落了
Well, Frasier, it's no accident that you're going through this on the day
你在获得终身成就奖这天有这种心理
that you receive your lifetime achievement award.
也算是有一点必然性
Well, duh. I'm sorry, l'm sorry. I'm just acting out.
才没有 不好意思 我都是演出来的
Please, please. Continue, please.
来 来 请接着讲
As you know,
你知道
men in our society commonly define themselves by their careers.
社会中男士都是靠职业成就来自我定义
Yes, l'll cop to that. Yeah.
对 这我同意
ln fact, there's nothing l'm more proud of than my career.
其实 没有什么比我职业更让我自豪的了
lt's because l love to help people. I always have.
因为我乐于助人 我一贯如此
Right. Refresh my memory.
好 在我记忆中
Wasn't it your mother who first sparked your interest in psychiatry?
好像是你母亲点燃了你对心理学的激♥情♥
Yes, it was. I remember the exact day.
是的 我还记得那一天
l was 8.
我才8岁
l had come home crying
我哭着回到家
because one of the older boys had thrown
因为有人把我那本<源泉>
my copy of The Fountainhead under a bus.
扔在了公交底下
My mother explained to me
我母亲告诉我
it wasn't because he didn't like the way l walked,
不是因为他不喜欢我走路的方式
or because l wore an ascot to school.
也不是因为我在学校戴圆式领带
lt was because he didn't like himself.
而是因为他讨厌他自己
And at that very moment,
就在那一刻
l became a student of human behaviour.
我成了人类行为学的拥趸
lt was as if someone had given me an instruction manual
就像有人给了我说明书
explaining why people acted the way they did.
解释人们为什么有这些行为
Not to mention a way to distance yourself from painful emotions.
这更是让自己远离痛苦情绪的方法
Oh, totally.
是的
l took a lot of grief for that ascot.
圆式领带那次让我非常难过
So you were drawn to psychiatry not because you like to help people,
所以你对心理学入迷不是因为你想帮助人
but because you feared them.
而是因为你害怕他们
l feared them?
我害怕他们
Psychiatry gives you objectivity.
心理学给你提供客观性
Objectivity gives you emotional distance.
客观性给你情绪上的疏远
Distance makes you feel safe.
疏远给你安全感
Yes, yes, granted. But what has that got to do with me?
是 是 没错 但那跟我又有什么关系
How's your practise?
你事务所怎么样
l don't have a practise. I have a radio show.
我没有事务所 我只有电台节目
剧集 | 欢乐一家亲(1993) | 导航列表