No, he's long gone and would probably want you to take a message.
追不上的 他已经走远了 他希望你能捎个口信
Hello.
你好
No, this is his son, Frasier.
不是 我是他儿子 Frasier
Penelope Janvier? Oh, well, how nice to speak with you.
Penelope Janvier 能和你讲话真是太荣幸了
A cocktail party?
鸡尾酒派对
Tomorrow night. He'll be there.
明天晚上 好的他会去的
In fact, I'll make sure of that. I'll be driving him myself.
放宽心 我会亲自开车送他
You see, my brother, Niles, and I will be with him all day.
但是 我弟弟Niles和我全天都会和他在一起
It's our once-a-year family day,
明天是我们一年一度的家庭聚会日
and we do just about everything together.
这一天就要一直待在一起
What's that? Are you sure? Really?
你说什么 你确定 真的么
Well, then, yes, we'd love to come.
好吧 我们很愿意参加
My, Penelope certainly has good taste.
天啊 Penelope的品位一定非凡
Well, of course. She likes Dad, doesn't she?
当然 她懂得欣赏老爸这样的人
Oh, can it.
拉倒吧
I'm still mad at you guys for inviting yourselves.
你们不请自来让我很不高兴
Now, remember, be careful what you say in front of Penelope.
记住 在Penelope面前讲话要谨慎一点
I got a delicate balancing act going on here, so don't mess it up.
我要在两个女人之间找平衡 不要把事情搞砸了
Don't mess what up?
不要把什么搞砸了
Oh, hi. Well, your lovely living room.
额 那个 你的漂亮的客厅
My boys really like to rough house.
我孩子们总是把房♥子弄乱
All right, Penelope, these are my sons, Niles and Frasier.
好了 Penelope 这是我的儿子们 Niles和Frasier
Hello. We spoke on the phone. It's such a pleasure to meet you.
你好 我们电♥话♥里讲过话 能见到你真是荣幸
Thank you. Dad speaks about you all the time.
谢谢 爸爸总是提起你
Yes.
是的
Oh, that's just my alarm to remind me to take my pills.
哦 这是我吃药的闹铃
Let's get you a glass of water.
我来给你倒杯水
No, no, that's all right. I'd rather do it in private. Thank you.
不用 不用的 我自己来就行 谢谢
Yeah, he has trouble swallowing.
是的 他吞咽东西有困难
A small epiglottis. Yeah.
有点会厌症 对对
Epiglottis. I haven't heard that word since biology class in high school.
会厌症 我只在高中的生物课上听过这个词
Oh, yes. High school. Yeah.
哦 是啊 高中 是啊
It's a pity about our old high school. Oh, William.
我们高中真是太不幸了 哦 William
Niles, Frasier, I'd like you to meet my son, William.
Niles Frasier 这是我的儿子William
Hello. Nice to meet you.
你好 见到你们很高兴
These are Marty's boys.
他们是Marty的儿子
Oh.
哦
Hi.
嗨
Did I just hear Dr. Corman ask you for $50,000
我刚刚听见Corman医生向你要了5万刀
for a new CAT scan machine at the hospital?
他要用这钱给医院买♥♥一台CAT扫描仪
It is a worthy cause.
这理由很正当啊
Yes, mother, they all are,
母亲 他们的理由都很正当
but it's inappropriate to hit you up for money at a party.
但是在宴会上向你要钱是不对的
No.
不对的
Teddy was your father's closest friend.
Teddy是你♥爸♥爸最亲密的朋友
Bourbon was my father's closest friend.
波旁威士忌才是爸爸最好的朋友
I showed Ted out.
我把Ted赶出去了
William, he delivered you.
William 他接生的你啊
Excuse me, I have to go get him. Yes, all right.
不好意思 我要去追上他 没关系的
People look at my mother, all they see is dollar signs.
人们看到我妈妈 想的都是钱
It makes me sick. Yeah.
这让我很恶心 对对
What are you guys doing here?
你们来这里是要干什么
Us? Oh, well, actually, your mother invited us.
我们 是你母亲邀请我们来的
She did. Uhoh.
是她邀请的 啊
Mother's been cornered by Father Patterson.
妈妈被Patterson神父堵到墙角了
Or should I say Father Sponge.
应该叫他骗钱神父
Oh, my goodness.
我的天啊
It's gonna be hard pressing our case to Penelope with him around.
有他在 我们没办法要到钱
Don't worry, Niles. We'll get a chance. We've got all night.
甭担心 Niles 我们有机会的 我们有整个晚上
Don't get too comfortable. We've gotta leave.
收拾东西 我们要走了
What? Turns out I had a date with Estelle tonight,
什么 好像今晚和Estelle有约会
and she's been waiting a half an hour.
她已经等了半个小时了
It's not like me to screw up like this.
我从来没像这样搞砸过的
What about Penelope, Dad? You cannot just walk out on her party.
Penelope怎么办 你不能就这样离开她的派对
Hey, Estelle took the evening off special just to be with me, you know?
Estelle为了我专门请了假的 你们知道么
And she's pretty steamed.
她现在怒气冲天
Rules of the game, angriest woman wins.
规则就是 生气的女人优先
Oh, good Lord. Jeez. Grab your coats.
哦 天啊 快去拿你们的外套
Frasier? Yes.
Frasier 怎么了
Where's your father off to? He had to take more pills.
你♥爸♥爸干什么去了 他必须要吃点药
My goodness, I had no idea he was on so much medication.
天啊 我没有想到他要吃这么多药
Are you concerned? Well, not really. No, he'll be fine.
你不担心么 并不担心 他没什么大毛病
I just wish I could say the same for our old high school.
真希望我们高中也没有这么多问题
What are you three talking about? Um...
你们三个在谈什么 这个
William, there you are.
William 你在这啊
Excuse us. I just wanted to alert you to a possible situation.
我想给你提个醒
I overheard one of the servers discussing a one-act play
我无意中听到某服务员在讨论一场独幕剧
he wants your mother to produce.
他想让你的母亲出钱
Okay, which one? I think it was something by Chekhov.
哪一个 好像是一个叫契诃夫的写的
The long and the short of it is, Miss. Janvier,
简单的来说 Janvier女士
is that my alma mater, Bryce Academy, is in dire straits.
我的母校布莱斯学院遇到困难了
The coffers are bare, and our only hope is to find a saviour.
学校没钱了 我们希望可以找到一位救星
Forgive me for being presumptuous, but I was hoping it might be you.
请原谅我的冒失 我希望您能给予帮助
Actually, I'm familiar with Bryce.
其实 我对布莱斯学院是很了解的
Well, then you must also be familiar with their excellent standards.
那您一定对他们的高标准有所了解
Yes, I am. They wouldn't let in William.
是的 我知道 他们不肯收William
Well, with your endowment, I'm sure he'd be a shoo-in.
这个 有了您的资助 我相信他们会接收他的
No, I'm sorry, Miss Janvier. Please, we are desperate.
对不起 Janvier女士 我们走投无路了
Ordinarily, I wouldn't even consider this,
通常我肯定是拒绝的
but I'm very fond of your father.
不过我很喜欢你父亲
Call the foundation tomorrow with the details,
明天给基金会打电♥话♥说明详情
and we'll issue you a cheque.
我们会给你开支票
Thank you, thank you. That's very kind of you.
谢谢 谢谢 您真是太好了
Thank you so much. It's my pleasure.
太感谢您了 我的荣幸
I'd do anything for your father. He's a rarity.
我愿意为你父亲做任何事 他是少有的好男人
Mmhm. He's an oldfashioned gentleman.
呵呵 他是一位观念传统的绅士
Well, I gotta go.
我得走了
Marty, what's wrong? Feeling a little under the weather.
Marty 怎么了 有点不太舒服
Well, then maybe you ought to see my doctor.
你应该看看我的医生
He's here at the party. No, I don't need a doctor.
他就在宴会上 不 我不需要医生
Those were my husband's last words.
我丈夫生病去世前也是这么说的
Don't leave. All right, if you insist.
不要走开 好吧 既然你这么坚持
Pull the car around. I'm going out through the kitchen. Dad, dad, dad.
把车开到后面去 我从厨房♥走 老爸 老爸
We can't leave right now. Penelope will get suspicious.
我们不能现在走 Penelope会起疑心的
Estelle's already suspicious.
Estelle已经起疑心了
Besides, I've decided to break it off with Penelope.
而且我决定和Penelope分手
What? Well, hearing Estelle just now,
什么 刚刚接了Estelle的电♥话♥
how upset she was on the phone,
她在电♥话♥里很生气
it made me realise how much I cared about her.
这让我意识到我很在乎她
All right, listen, Dad, Bryce Academy is going bankrupt.
好吧 听好了 老爸 布莱斯学院要破产了
Penelope is going to write a cheque tomorrow to save it.
Penelope明天会开一张支票拯救学校
So until then, I need you to pretend that you're still interested in her.
所以在那之前 我需要你装作喜欢她
I can't believe this.
真是难以令人相信
You and your brother have been using me.
你和你弟弟利用我
Martin, this is Dr. Corman.
Martin 这是Corman医生
Well, it's nice to meet you, but I'm feeling a lot better now. Thanks.
见到你很高兴 不过我现在感觉好多了 谢谢
If I let you leave without knowing if you're sick, I'll worry all night.
如果你走之前不检查一下 我整晚都会很担心的
And you wouldn't want that, now, would you, Dad?
你不会希望她担心的 是吧老爸
Here we are. Oh, all right. All right.
给我吧 哦 好吧 好吧
Doctor, be thorough.
医生 检查全面一些
But the pants stay on.
但是不脱裤子
Miss. Janvier, I realise that I've been a little pushy.
Janvier女士 我知道我有点咄咄逼人
Oh, not pushy. Just assertive. I like that.
哦 并没有 只是很坚定 我喜欢这样的人
Oh, well, then be prepared to love me because I need that cheque right now.
哦 那你会爱上我的 因为我现在就要那张支票
Was it this one? Devilled-egg guy?
是他么 恶魔鸡蛋男
Uh...
这个
You know, I'm not sure.
我也不太确定
He and chicken-satay guy look so much alike.
他和沙嗲鸡肉男长得太像了
All right, listen up.
好吧 听好了
Which one of you snack jockeys is trying to get a play produced?
你们这些端小吃的哪个想要演话剧
剧集 | 欢乐一家亲(1993) | 导航列表