Hi, Niles. Hey, Roz.
你好啊 Niles 你好 Roz
Hey, how's Daphne?
Daphne怎么样了
Actually, I just got back from visiting her at the spa.
其实我刚刚去看过她 她在做spa
Yeah. It wasn't easy,
是啊 尽管很不容易
but she has already lost 9 pounds and 12 ounces.
不过她已经瘦掉8斤8两了
Wow, good for her. It's all about will power.
不错啊 这种事需要强大的毅力
Yeah. Oh, thanks.
哦 谢谢
I'm going back to the spa this coming weekend, if you need a ride.
这个周末我会去看她 你要搭便车吗
These aren't for me.
这些不是给我吃的
Alice's school is having a picnic, and I'm bringing the goodies.
Alice的学校要野餐了 我要带好东西
Yes, so I see. Just don't get them sunburned.
看出来了 注意不要晒伤她们了
I'm sorry. It's just...
不好意思 只是
Well, aren't you a little overdressed for a picnic?
你不觉得穿这个去野餐太高调了么?
Well, there is this cute single dad named Greg.
有一个叫Greg的单身父亲也会去
Oh. He's going through a divorce.
哦 他正在办离婚
His wife cheated on him. He's so nice too.
她老婆劈腿了 但他特别好
He deserves a woman he can trust.
他值得拥有一个能信赖的女人
Do these look like I baked them?
这像是我亲手烤的么?
Yes, just as long as they don't taste like you baked them.
只要味道和你烤的不一样就好了
Gotta go. All right.
我要走了 好
Hi, Roz. Hey, Frasier.
你好 Roze 你好 Frasier
Can I get a latte to go, please?
一杯拿铁外带 谢谢
Well, Niles, it's official,
Niles 正式宣布
our old high school is on the verge of bankruptcy.
我们的高中要破产了
What happened to the fundraising committee?
筹款委员会呢
We disbanded it this morning.
今天早上刚解散
I don't believe it. Yeah.
真是难以相信 是啊
Bryce Academy gone. Mmhm.
布莱斯学院消失了 哼
No more thirdfloor library. No.
不会再有三层的图书馆了 没了
No more science lab.
再没有科学实验室了
Oh, gosh, I stole my first kiss in that science lab.
哦 我是在实验室得到的初吻
Jill Solomon. She was pretty upset about it,
Jill Solomon 她当时相当不高兴了
but I was beaming all the way to the nurse's office.
但是我一路高高兴兴地进了医务室
No more nurse's office.
再没有医务室了
I spent many a happy gym class there.
我在医务室里度过了很多节美好的体育课
Frasier, we can't let this happen.
Frasier 我们不能让它关门
I don't see how we can prevent it, Niles.
我想不出怎么保住它
Believe me, there are no more alumni arms left to be twisted.
相信我 没有更多校友可以捐钱了
Well, maybe we're twisting the wrong arms.
也许我们找错人了
We know plenty of people who give to any cause that comes along.
我们认识很多人他们为各种理由捐钱
Perhaps you're right.
也许你是对的
Let's get some of that cash flowing Bryce's way.
让我们替布莱斯去搞点钱吧
Yes. Now how soon do you think we can get our
召集我们有钱的
well-to-do friends together?
朋友们要多久?
No time to waste, Niles. How's Wednesday evening?
时间紧迫 Niles 你觉得周三晚上怎么样
No, can't. Theatre tickets. How about Thursday?
不行啊 买♥♥了那天歌♥剧的票 星期四怎么样
An appointment at the spa.
预约了那天的spa
Well, can you change it? Well, not willingly.
你不能改期么 我不太想啊
It's with the good masseur,the blind one.
那个按♥摩♥师比较好 他是盲人
He's blind.
他是盲人啊
When he said he couldn't see clients, I thought he was just booked all week.
他说不能见客 我以为他是说这周预约满了呢
We should probably talk strategy before the guests get here.
或许我们应该提前谈一谈策略
Yes, all right,we don't wanna pounce.
有道理 我们不要太唐突
Let's let them get settled in, have a few cocktails,
将他们安顿好 喝几杯鸡尾酒
and then, when they're sufficiently relaxed,
当他们放松下来
we'll shear them like Delilah.
就像Delilah一样剪他们的羊毛
Our first guest.
我们的第一个客人
Let the fundraising begin.
筹款开始啦
Hello, one and all. Please come in, please come in.
大家好 快请进 快请进
Thank you for coming. Let me take your wrap.
感谢你们的到来 您披肩给我
Here we are. Please make yourselves at home.
这边来 请自便
Frasier, the place looks wonderful. Thank you.
Frasier 你家看着真不错 谢谢
I love that painting. Really?
我喜欢这幅画 真的啊
Well, it's hardly as impressive as that portrait that Hockney did of your wife.
还是没有Hockney给您夫人画的肖像出彩
You like it? Mmhm.
你喜欢是吗 是啊
Make me an offer. Excuse me?
开个价吧 什么
Between you and me, I'm getting hammered by margin calls.
偷偷告诉你 我收到好几次补充保证金的通知了
Need a watch?
手表要么
Oh, actually, that's not really...
其实 并没有
Oh, Mertzie. Oh, good to see you. How is everything?
哦 Mertzie 看见你太好了 你怎么样
So the judge voided our prenup, and if that's not bad enough,
法官判定我们的婚前协议无效 更糟的是
I'm paying half her lawyer's fee.
我还要付她一半的律师费
These Russian gals look good on the internet, but...
这些俄♥国♥妹子在网上看着不错 不过
How are things going on your side of the room?
你那边怎么样了
Not very well.
不太顺利
Seems Marshall sank all his money into a new house.
Marshall好像把钱都花在新家上了
Sally sank all her money into a new boat, which sank.
Sally把钱都花在新船上了 那船还沉了
Wait, Niles, the door. Isn't that--?
看 Niles 门口 是那个谁么
Oh, yes, it is. Eleanor Lynch.
没错就是她 Eleanor Lynch
I heard she got a huge settlement from the Mariners
我听说水手队付了她一大笔赔偿
after that baseball bat flew into the stands--
球棒飞到看台
No, no, no, no, the woman next to her. Isn't that Penelope Janvier?
不不不 她旁边的女人 那不是Penelope Janvier么
Of the Penelope Janvier Foundation?
Penelope Janvier基金会的那个
Yes. Oh, yes, it is.
是的 是 就是她
Niles, this is amazing luck.
Niles 我们的运气太好了
She could write a cheque covering the whole amount
她眼睛都不眨一下
without batting an eye.
就可以开一张足够面额的支票
Yes, don't put it that way in front of Eleanor.
不要当着Eleanor讲这种话
Let's go talk to her. No, no, no, no. Wait, wait, wait.
我们去和她谈谈 不不 等一等
Listen, we're only gonna have one crack at this.
机会只有一次
We'd better make it a good one.
我们只能成功
All right. Let's devise a little plan. Come with me. Okay. All right, all right.
我们来计划一下 跟我来 好吧 好吧
Oh! Oh, goodness, are you all right?
啊 哦 天啊 你还好么
Oh, I just twisted my ankle.
我把脚踝扭了
Well, well, sit down. I'll take this back to the kitchen for you.
好了 好了 坐下吧 我来帮你送回厨房♥
Oh, thank you.
谢谢你
Hey, sweetheart. Need some more Crunch 'n Munch.
嘿 美女 给我来点薯片
Oh, I'm not a... I'm sorry.
我不是 不好意思
I'm sure you're busy
给你添麻烦了
but if my sons see me traipsing through their party,
不过要是让我儿子看见我在派对上转悠
they'll think I'm gonna embarrass them
他们会认为我
in front of all their stuffed-shirt friends.
在他们那些臭显摆的朋友面前出丑了
You look familiar.
你看上去很眼熟
You ever dance?
你以前是跳舞的吧
Now, we've got to appear casual.
现在 我们装出很随意的样子
All right, all right. Should we start with a little small talk?
装作去闲聊吗
Perhaps, perhaps. Oh, yes, you know,
也许吧 哦 有办法了
I recall an aphorism that's usually attributed to Santayana,
我想起Santayana一句名言
but I have my own little version.
不过我改了下
We've got to get out there right now.
我们必须马上出去
Just give me a chance to get the words right.
我组织下语言
"Money cannot so enrich a man--"
"金钱不能使一个人真正富有"
She's talking to Dad. Let's get the hell out there.
她在和老爸说话 咱们快出去
Dad, dad, what happened with that woman just now?
爸爸 刚刚你和那个女人在干什么
Nothing. She got a phone call and she had to leave.
什么也没有啊 她接了一个电♥话♥就走了
She said to say thanks.
她让我向你们转达谢意
Come off it. You offended her somehow.
别扯了 你一定惹火她了
What was it, Dad? A bawdy joke? Nose whistling?
你都说了什么 黄段子 还是用鼻子吹哨了
Do you have any idea who that was?
你知道她是谁么
Yes, she said her name was Penelope Janvier
知道啊 她说她叫Penelope Janvier
or Janvier or...
还是Janvier什么的
Janvier, Dad. Jan, Jan. Oh, it doesn't matter.
是Janvier 念Jan 算了无所谓
Well, it does to me.
对我来说有所谓好么
I wanna say her name right if we're having dinner tomorrow.
明天吃晚饭的时候我不能念错她的名字
You didn't ask her out, did you, Dad? No, she asked me out.
你不会是约她了吧 没有 她约的我
I'm sorry, Dad. It's just that I'm a little shocked.
不好意思 我有点小震惊
Actually I think that's pronounced:
我想你要说的是
"Sorry, Dad, I'm a condescending jackass."
"对不起 我就是个高傲的混♥蛋♥"
Dad left to meet Penelope five hours ago.
老爸5个小时以前就去见Penelope了
What could they be doing?
他们在一起能干什么
剧集 | 欢乐一家亲(1993) | 导航列表