and now I can't even see the news.
然后我现在连新闻都看不了了
Now, I do a lot of TV watching
我可是经常看电视
and I don't wanna have to take my business elsewhere, but I will.
我也不想换其他公♥司♥ 但我必须得换了
Can't hear you, sorry.
抱歉 听不清
Senator? Yes.
议员 你好
I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Dr. Frasier Crane.
自我介绍一下 我是Frasier Crane医生
Oh, glad to meet you. It's a pleasure to meet you. Yes.
噢 很高兴认识你 我也是
I was the previous narrator on the documentary.
我之前是纪录片的旁白
That's a fascinating story.
这可是个好故事
Well, you've heard her side of the story.
你只听了她的说辞
Maybe someday you'll hear mine.
你应该听听我的
Well, I was talking about space travel.
我是在说宇宙航行
It was good of you to step aside, though.
不过很感谢你能把角色让给我
You have a scheduling conflict? Yes, unfortunately.
档期冲突 是的 很遗憾
The Opera Guild's annual football tournament.
得参加歌♥剧协会的年度橄榄球赛
Well, I'm the quarterback.
我是四分卫
Anyway, here, if you wouldn't mind indulging me,
其实 如果你不介意的话
Sure. I have a few suggestions
当然不 我有几个建议
that I didn't have a chance to run by Roz.
没来得及告诉Roz
Here we are. Now, this first one is about a Seattle man
第一个建议就是关于一个西雅图男人
who took his two sons to the roof
带着两个儿子在屋顶
to see if they could spot Friendship 7 flying by.
等着看友谊7号♥飞船飞过
Was that you?
你就是两个儿子之一
That's very perceptive of you, sir.
您真聪明
Yes, that was me, my father and my brother.
没错 那就是我 我父亲和我弟弟
I thought a story from the glory days of
我觉得用航♥空♥鼎盛时期的
space might help to launch the show.
故事来引题最好
You know, that sounds great. I'll bring that up to Roz.
这个主意不错 我会告诉Roz的
About that, it's probably best that Roz never know we had this conversation.
不告诉她这是我的主意也许更好
Why not?
为什么
Well, you see, any suggestion that came from me right now,
目前 Roz对于我的提议
roz would be inclined to shoot down.
十分排斥
And she's a little ticked off at me for dropping out.
我的离开让她有点生气
Well, you know, I don't like to go behind someone's back.
可我不想在别人背后捣鬼
Oh, we're not going behind anybody's back.
哦 我们可没捣鬼
Even if we were, it's only temporary so...
虽然是背着她 但也只是权宜之策
At any rate, it is for the good of the show.
不管怎么说 这是为了节目好
Well, okay, I'll look through these things.
好吧 我会考虑的
And I'll probably bring them up to her. Oh, that's terrific.
也会向她提议的 太好了
Thank you, sir. It was a pleasure to meet you.
谢谢 很荣幸认识你
Thank you. Good to see you. Take care.
谢谢 我也很荣幸 保重
Oh, senator,
哦 议员
what are you drinking there, Tang?
你在喝什么 果珍吗
Two minutes and 20 seconds. A new record.
两分二十秒才提起这个哏 新纪录
So let me get this cued up and we'll be ready to go. Okay?
我先把带子调好 然后就开始
Sounds great. All right.
好的 没问题
Frasier, what are you doing here? Roz, I'm just observing.
Frasier 你来这干嘛 Roz 我就是来看看
If you want me to go, I-I will.
你要是不想我在这里 我走就是了
But you have to admit,
但是你得承认
this is sort of a once-in-a-lifetime thing.
这可是个千载难逢的事情
Fine, but no talking.
好吧 但是不许说话
Okay, senator, we're rolling.
好了 议员 我们准备开录了
Okay. Roz, I have an idea if you're interested.
Roz 我有个想法
Sure.
怎么呢
I heard the nicest story
我最近听说了一个美好的故事
about a Seattle man who took his two sons up on the roof of the house
一个西雅图男人带着两个儿子去屋顶
to try and see my Mercury spacecraft come over.
想看着我的水星任务飞船划过天际
I love that.
我喜欢这个故事
Yeah, well, I thought you'd like that one.
好吧 我估计你会喜欢的
And then if we could get some of the old mission broadcasts,
要是我们能找到当年的广播带
maybe we could use those for-for background.
可以用来做背景
Definitely. You are full of great ideas.
当然好了 你真是足智多谋
No. I'm full of good ideas.
不 是我足智多谋
Frasier, what are you doing?
Frasier 你这是干嘛
Roz, you just agreed to two of my suggestions,
你刚接受了我的两个建议
which proves your problem is with me and not with them.
这说明你就是对我有意见
I'm so sorry. Frasier, get out.
真是抱歉 Frasier 滚出去
Roz, it's all right. The senator and I are old friends.
议员和我是老朋友了
I took the liberty of running a few irresistible ideas by him,
我私自跑去向他提了几个建议
so that I can prove my point and let you come clean.
这样就能证明我是对的了
That's not what you told me. You used me.
你跟我可不是这么说的 你利用我
I'm sorry, senator, but...but if I used you,
抱歉 议员 虽然我利用了你
it was only as the swift and terrible sword of justice.
但只是为了伸张正义
It's terrible, all right. And outrageous.
这太过分了 简直令人发指
You said these were your ideas.
你刚说这是你自己的建议
Why'd you do it, Senator Glenn?
你为什么这么说 Glenn议员
I was misled and I feel awful and...
我被误导了 我很抱歉
And you know, it's not like me to be that underhanded.
但是 你了解我的 我是个光明磊落的人
It's all right. Frasier, get in my booth.
没关系的 Frasier 来我这屋
I am so sorry, Senator Glenn.
非常抱歉 Glenn议员
Well, I'm the one that's sorry.
不 该道歉的是我
It's my nature to be honest and...
我一向以诚待人
Now, listen up, Roz. I'm gonna tell you what I did this for.
Roz 听我解释我为什么这么做
Back in those glory days,
在航♥天♥鼎盛时期
I was very uncomfortable when they asked us
每当他们叫我们
to say things that I didn't want to say
说些言不由衷的话时
and deny other things.
我都倍感不适
I am so mad at you, Frasier.
Frasier 你太让我生气了
Oh, yeah? Well, I'm mad too, so just bring it on.
是嘛 那我还生气呢 来吧
Some people ask, you know, "Were you alone out there?"
总有人问"太空中除了你们 还有其他的生物吗"
We never gave the real answer.
我们从未吐露真♥相♥
And yet, we've seen things out there, strange things.
但其实 我们看到了些东西 奇怪的东西
This is my project and I asked you not to try to take control,
这是我的节目 我叫你不要插手
and now you've gone behind my back and done just that.
可你却在我背后做出这种事情
But Roz, you didn't even give me a fair shake.
可是你对我也太不公平了
If I didn't, it was because I was trying to protect myself
那是因为我想保护自己
because you can be so bossy sometimes.
你有时太盛气凌人了
But we know what we saw out there and we couldn't...
但我们确定看到了它们 却无法
We couldn't really say anything.
无法对世人提起
And...and the bosses were scared of this.
领导很害怕这些
They were afraid of War of the Worlds type stuff.
他们担心发生星球大战那样的事情
And...and about panic in the streets, and so we had to keep quiet.
担心引起公众恐慌 因此我们只能守口如瓶
And now we only see these things in our...
如今 我们只能在
Well, in our nightmares or...or maybe in the...in the movies.
在自己的噩梦或电影中看到它们的影子
And some of them are pretty close to being the truth.
某些电影中的形象已与我们看到的十分接近
All right, Roz,
好了 Roz
I'll admit that maybe I was being a little too assertive, all right?
我承认 我有时候确实过于强势了 好吗
But the least you could do is admit that perhaps you were a bit defensive.
但是你也得承认 你有点过于保护自己的权威了
Well, maybe you're right.
好吧 也许你说得对
But it was because I was trying to prove
但这也是因为我想要证明
that I could do this on my own,
我可以靠自己的力量做节目
so I was shutting you out.
才将你拒之门外的
I admit it. It was unfair, and I apologise.
我承认 这对你不公平 我道歉
Accepted.
接受道歉
Oh, Roz, come on.
哦 Roz 好了
Our friendship is much more important to me than this documentary.
我们的友谊比这个节目更重要
Oh, it is to me too, Frasier.
对我来说也是 Frasier
Look, about what I just said out there,
打扰下 我刚才在演播室说的话
can we just keep that between us?
可以不播出吗
Oh, of course, senator.
当然了 议员
Good, well... Oh wait, you were recording all that?
好的 等等 你们把这都录下来了
Yeah, but that's okay. We've got plenty of tape.
是啊 不过没关系 带子多着呢
I'm gonna need that tape.
这盘带子得给我
He's a little tightly wound.
他才有点保护过度呢
Looks like maybe somebody should cut back on the old Tang.
看来某人该戒一戒果珍了
That's a good one, Frasier. Oh, thanks, Roz.
这个哏漂亮 Frasier 谢谢 Roz
Whenever you're ready, senator.
准备好了吗 议员
"Since the dawn of time,
"自人类初始
man has gazed skyward and dreamed of reaching the stars..."
我们一直仰望星际 希望触碰繁星"
剧集 | 欢乐一家亲(1993) | 导航列表