I can think of one possibility.
有一个可能
You think, on a first date?
你是说 第一次约会就
Niles, they went to a steak house. Penelope's paying.
Niles Penelope请他去吃牛排了
I'm sorry, but I don't think a 48 ouncer is out of the question.
我觉得他吃个近3斤的牛排也不是没有可能的
You know, Niles, hard to believe,
你知道么 Niles 尽管难以相信
but Penelope Janvier could actually become Dad's girlfriend.
但是Penelope Janvier还真有可能成为他的女朋友
Well, that's not so preposterous.
确实 也不是天方夜谭
Mom was as cultured and intelligent as they come
妈妈就是一位有品位有智慧的女人
and he certainly made her happy.
老爸让她过得很开心
That he did.
他的确做到了
You know, it might be good for Dad too.
你知道么 这也许对老爸也有好处
Thank you. Yeah.
谢谢 嗯
It certainly won't hurt our fundraising efforts.
这显然对我们的筹款没有什么坏处
For Bryce. For Bryce.
为了布莱斯学院 为了布莱斯学院
He's back.
他回来了
Is that a woman's voice?
这不是女人的声音吗
My God, she came home with him.
哦 天啊 老爸把她带回家了
Dad. Dad, hey, how was your evening?
老爸 老爸 今晚过得怎么样
Couldn't have gone better.
不能更好了
Dad, am I mistaken,
我有点糊涂了
or did we just hear the sound of a woman's voice out here?
我们刚才好像听到外面有女人的声音
Oh, yeah, she's in the powder room. But, listen...
是啊 她在化妆间 是这样的
The powder room? I haven't changed the hand towels for three days.
化妆间 我三天没有换手巾了
Don't you cluck your tongue at me.
不要给我在那"啧"
Estelle, I'd like you to meet my boys. This is Frasier and Niles.
Estelle 来见见我的儿子们 这是Frasier和Niles
Hello. Nice to meet you guys.
你好啊 很高兴见到你们
Lovely.
太好了
Thanks for letting me use the john.
谢谢你让我用厕所
Oh, sure. So see you tomorrow, okay?
小事 明天见
Great.
好的
Bye, guys. Byebye.
再见 再见
I'm beat. Well, see you guys tomorrow.
累死我了 明天见了
Dad?
老爸
Oh, all right. Here's what happened.
哦 事情是这样的
Penelope and I got along great, but after I dropped her off,
和Penelope一起挺愉快的 后来我把她送回去了
I was still hungry. So I went to this little coffee shop
我当时没有吃饱 所以我又去了一家咖啡店
near McGinty's to get some chili fries.
就在McGinty酒吧旁边 我想去吃点辣薯条
Now, I know what you're wondering.
我知道你们在困惑什么
Doesn't McGinty's have chilli fries?
McGinty酒吧就有炸薯条卖♥♥啊
Yes, and they're very tasty.
而且他家的薯条很好吃
Who the hell is Estelle?
Estelle到底是谁
She works at the coffee shop. We got chatting,
她在咖啡店工作 我们闲聊了一会儿
the next thing you know, we're having a nightcap at McGinty's.
接下来 我们一起在酒吧喝了点东西
Hey, when it rains, it pours.
桃花来了 挡都挡不住
Yes, Dad, but what about Penelope?
知道了 但是Penelope怎么样啊
Oh, I'm seeing her Tuesday. You just made a date with Estelle.
她啊 我周二见她 可是你刚刚约了Estelle
Not for Tuesday.
又不是在星期二
You're gonna date both of them?
你要同时和她俩约会
Are you sure that's wise? Well, it's just dating.
你确定这样明智么 只是约会而已
I met them both at the same time. I like them both.
我同时遇到了她俩 两个人我都挺喜欢的
Where's the harm in it? Don't you think it's aaa little risky?
有什么不好的 你不觉得这样有点冒险么
I mean, what if one of them should find out about...
如果她们中有一个发现了
Penelope, for example. Yes, yes.
比如Penelope发现了 是啊是啊
And you wouldn't want to alienate her permanently.
你这样会永远失去她
Oh, don't worry. I've watched you juggle.
哦 不要担心 我看过你们同时约会不同的人
I've got a pretty good handle on what not to do.
我知道什么是不能做的
Oh, hi, Niles. Hey, Roz.
你好 Niles 你好 Roz
Off to another picnic, I see.
看来你又要去野餐了
Yeah, Greg and I are really hitting it off.
是啊 我和Greg之间很来电
He loves my cooking.
他很喜欢我做的吃的
I'm sorry, miss, we're out of lemon bars.
女士 不好意思 我们的柠檬方砖卖♥♥完了
Well, make some more.
那还不快去做
And give me a dirty pan. I need to put it in my sink.
再去给我拿个脏盘子 我要放到我家水槽里
I'm sorry. Our baker doesn't come in until tomorrow.
抱歉 我们的蛋糕师明天才来上班了
I can give you the recipe. What am I supposed to do with that?
我可以把食谱给你 我要食谱有什么用
Bake? Is that supposed to be funny?
自己做 你在逗我么
Good Lord, Niles. You won't believe this.
天啊 Niles 说了你都不信
"Bryce trustees are already reviewing a proposal
"布莱斯学院理事已经开始审核
for the purchase of their land."
土地购买♥♥的投标了"
Dad just walked in.
老爸刚刚进来
Let's drop another hint about meeting Penelope.
我们去向他暗示一下想见Penelope的事
Time for hints has passed, Niles. We've got to be direct.
没时间遮遮掩掩了 应该直接一点
Dad is not gonna let us ask his girlfriend for money.
老爸不会同意我们向他女友要钱的
I didn't say honest. I said direct. Try to keep up, for God's sakes.
我只是说要直接点 又没说要讲实话 跟上思路好么
Hey, guys. Hey, Dad.
你们好啊 好啊 老爸
Have a seat. Have a seat.
快坐下 快坐下
So-- Wow, is that espresso?
这不是浓缩咖啡么
Yeah, a little "pick me up" in between dates.
是啊 约会太多需要提个神
Boy, this juggling thing isn't as easy as I make it look.
天啊 尽管看上去我很轻松 同时交往两个可没有那么容易
But don't you worry.
但是你们不用担心,
They're both getting first-class passage on the S.S. Martin.
她们都能享受Martin号♥游轮的头等舱
Oh, that's where you get that from.
原来你是从他这学的
That's me.
是我的
You got a cell phone? Well, sure, I had to.
你有手♥机♥了 当然
You don't think I'm gonna give them both my home number, do you?
你不会以为我把家里座机号♥告诉她俩了吧
Come on, Fras, that's amateur hour.
Fras 你也太业余了吧
See, I programmed the phone for different rings
看 我设置了不同铃♥声♥
depending on who's calling, so that way I don't get caught off guard.
不同人来电铃♥声♥不同 这样我就不会猝不及防了
Now this is William Tell. Rhymes with Estelle.
现在的铃♥声♥是
Hello.
你好
Oh, hi, Estenelope.
你好啊 Estenelope
Penelope? That's right. Her son's name's William.
Penelope 对哦 她的儿子叫William
Yeah. Oh, sure, Tuesday sounds great.
好啊 星期二可以的
Pick me up at 7? Okay.
7点来接我 好的
See you then, Penelope.
到时见Penelope
That was very smooth. Yes, yes.
非常顺利 是啊 是啊
Dad, about Penelope, actually, we were wondering...
老爸 这个Penelope 我们在想
Now, you see, that's Estelle.
你听 现在是Estelle
Hello? Hey, Estelle, I had a feeling it might be you.
你好 Estelle 我有种预感你打过来了
Tuesday at 7? Sounds great.
星期二7点 可以的
Yeah, oh, hold on a sec. What? Didn't you just make a date
哦 稍等一下 怎么了 你不是刚刚定了约会么
for Tuesday at 7 with Penelope?
星期二7点和Penelope一起
That was Thursday, wasn't it? No, no, no. We both heard Tuesday.
不是星期四么 不是 我们都听到是星期二
Oh, thanks. Boy, that could've been ugly.
哦 谢谢 要不就糗大了
Yeah, Estelle, no, sorry. Thursday's out. It has to be Tuesday.
Estelle 不好意思 星期四不行了 星期二吧
No, no, no. No, wait, wait.
错了 错了 不对 等一等
Thursday. Thursday's what I meant.
星期四 我说的是星期四
Yeah. Okay, talk to you later. Bye.
好的 回头再聊 再见
She's got it bad, and that ain't good.
她爱惨我了 这可不好
Dad, uh...
老爸 那个
Dad, listen,
爸爸 听我说
we were thinking it might be time that we meet Penelope.
我们觉得是时候让我们见一下Penelope了
She sounds enchanting.
她听上去很迷人
Yeah, enchanting. How's tomorrow? Oh, guys, I don't know.
对 迷人 明天怎么样 哦 我不确定
You know, meeting the family.
你们知道 和家人见面
That's taking it up another notch.
这会让我们的关系上一个台阶
I don't wanna get that serious yet.
我现在还不想太认真
Maybe in a few months, but right now I just wanna keep it simple.
几个月之后再说吧 我现在只想让事情简单些
Simple? As in Estenelope?
简单 同时约两个女人那种简单
Hello. Who's that?
哇 这美人是谁
Dad, for God's sake,
爸爸 我的天啊
isn't there enough on your plate as it is?
你的约会还不够多么
What can I tell you? Daddy's got a big appetite.
怎么说呢 老爸就是胃口大
Dear God, what do we do now?
天啊 我们现在怎么办
Oh, I don't know. I guess we could have him neutered.
我也不知道 我想我们可以阉了他
Well, I suppose we could try to get to Penelope through her foundation.
我想我们可以通过Penelope的基金会接近她
I already tried that, and there's a six-month waiting list just to see her.
我已经试过了 光是见她一面就要等半年
Lord, Dad left his phone.
老爸把电♥话♥落下了
Maybe I'd better run and tell him it's Penelope.
我应该追上去告诉他Penelope来电♥话♥了
You know, I'll never catch him.
我是追不上他的 是吧
剧集 | 欢乐一家亲(1993) | 导航列表