剧集 | 嫌疑恋(2017) | 导航列表
Y-Your voice went up, like you were asking.
-谢谢 -不用谢
- Thanks. - You're welcome.
好吧 那我们再来一次
Okay. Let's try this again.
我是蒂凡尼·西蒙 是提诺·拉莫斯的律师
I'm Tiffany Simon. I'm representing Tino Ramos.
好的
Okay.
我想申请有条件撤销控罪
I'd like an adjournment in contemplation of dismissal?
你又提高声调了
Again, your voice went up.
你想喝口咖啡吗
Would you like to have a sip of your coffee?
摄入咖♥啡♥因♥后也许你的情绪就会好一点
Maybe you'll be in a better mood if you're caffeinated.
我们不能对毒品案件进行有条件撤销控罪
We don't ACD drug cases.
你的客户裤子口袋中装有可♥卡♥因♥
Your client had a vial of crack in his pants.
-那不是他的裤子 -你在逗我吗
- They weren't his pants. - Are you kidding me?
他老婆在二手店里给他买♥♥的
His wife bought them for him at a secondhand store.
瞧 我想到这点了 我也查证过了
See, I thought of that, and I checked,
但那些地方在出♥售♥这些衣服之前都会先洗干净
and those places all wash their pants before they sell them.
然后我就说
Then I said,
"我有个朋友开了
"I have a friend who's managed
几家二手店
"a bunch of secondhand stores,
我知道事情并非如此"
and I happen to know that is not true."
但我并没有这样的朋友 并没有
Except you don't. Except I don't!
天呐 小帝 你撒谎了
Oh, my God! Tiff, you lied?
-只有一部分 -你就像个老道的律师
- Only kind of. - Wow, you're like a real lawyer.
他信了 提了一份认罪协议
He bought it, offered me a deal.
你好 提诺
Oh! Hey, Tino!
非常感谢你过来 我有些好消息
Thank you so much for coming in. I have some good news.
-你争取到撤销了 -没 但我把惩罚
- You got a dismissal? - No, but I got it knocked down
降低到小额罚款和违规 都不算犯罪
to a small fine and a violation, which isn't even a crime.
就像交通罚单一样
It's like a traffic ticket.
不是 我要的是撤销
Whoa, whoa, whoa, I need a dismissal.
我试过了 但是 提诺
I tried, but, Tino,
我们现在可是不用坐牢了
we're talking about no jail time here.
我不能认罪 我是非法入境人员
I can't take a deal. I'm undocumented.
等下 什么
Wait, what?
任何与毒品相关的定罪
Any drug-related conviction,
都会让我被遣返回危地马拉
I get deported back to Guatemala.
你之前怎么没有告诉我
Why didn't you tell me this?
我父母来美国时我才两个月大
I was two months old when my parents came.
我不会随便跟别人八卦这件事
I don't go around blabbing about it to people.
我不是"别人" 我是你的律师
I'm not "people," I'm your lawyer.
我该怎么办
What am I gonna do?
我还有老婆孩子
I got a wife and a kid.
我们只能上庭了
We got to go to trial.
我们不仅要上庭 还得打赢官司
And not just go, we got to win.
我是哈罗德·罗西特
I'm Harold Rossiter,
这个案子的原检察官
the original prosecutor on this case.
我是小约瑟夫·托马斯
My name is Joseph Thomas, Junior.
这是我第四次出席听证会了
This is my fourth time speaking at one of these hearings.
第一次卡洛琳·赖斯申请假释时
The first time Carolyn Rice was eligible for parole,
我有谈到成长中缺失父亲是什么感受
I talked about what it was like to grow up without a father.
那无情射杀州警的举动
The senseless murder
至今让我噩梦连连
of Trooper Thomas haunts me to this day.
第二次 我讲了一个故事
The second time, I told the story
一位带着白手套的警官在丧礼上朝我走来
of the white-gloved officer who came up to me at the funeral,
弯下腰送给一名八岁的小男孩
bending down to present an eight-year-old boy
一副折好的旗帜和他父亲的帽子
with a folded flag and his father's hat.
在有人报案 发生抢银行事件后
After a reported bank robbery,
他拦下了一辆正准备拐进纽约高速公路的
he stopped a white panel van just as it turned
白色厢式货车
onto the New York Thruway.
第三次 我谈到了乔茜
The third time, I talked about Josie,
他没能有机会认真看过的孙女
the granddaughter he never even came close to seeing.
看见卡洛琳·赖斯在驾驶席
Seeing Carolyn Rice in the driver's seat,
那个在逃跑的货车上的白人女孩
the white girl in the getaway van.
今天是第四次我作证
And now, this time, the fourth time, I speak
不仅作为一个代表自己父亲的儿子
not just as a son on behalf of my father,
还代表和我父亲一样坚守岗位的警♥察♥兄弟
but as a guard standing a post for Dad's brothers in blue.
他走到货车后面
He walked around to the back of the van...
是这些人每一天
These people put themselves in harm's way,
致自己安危于不顾来保护我们的安全
every single day, to keep us safe.
我代表他们
I stand for them.
我站在他们这一边
I stand with them.
我不会再说了
And I say no more.
非常残忍♥地被射杀了
...and was brutally gunned down.
现在不会再说了 永远也不会了
Not now, not ever.
今天我也给卡洛琳·赖斯
It's the same message I send
也要传达同样的观点
to Carolyn Rice today.
不能假释
No parole.
现在还不行
Not now,
永远也不行
not ever.
研究毫无争议
The research is incontrovertible.
跨种族影响真实存在
Cross-racial effect is real.
-跨种族影响 -简单点说
- Cross-racial effect? - Simply put,
对于自己种族的人
members of a particular race are better
人们的识别度更高
at distinguishing between members of their own race.
我们对其他种族群体的面容就没有那么敏感
We less accurate with faces of other racial groups.
我和我的律师同事都是黑人
My co-counsel and I are both black.
是的 你们长得很不一样 但科学表明
Yes, and you look nothing alike, but the science suggests
如果你们长得比较像
that if you did resemble one another,
勒布朗·詹姆斯会比汤姆·布拉迪
Lebron James would have an easier time telling you apart
更易区分出你们
than, say, Tom Brady would.
科学有没有证明准确性和确定性
Does the science show a correlation
之间存在关联
between certainty and accuracy?
没有
No.
那些说"我肯定就是这个人"的人
People who say "I'm sure that's the guy"
并不比"我觉得是这个人"准确度要高
are no more accurate than those who just think it's the guy.
所以可以你很肯定 但会是错误的
So you can be sure and still be wrong?
当然 不信问我老婆
Absolutely. Just ask my wife.
但这是有区别的 对吗
But there's a difference, right?
能够描述出
Between being able to describe something
和能够辨认出
and being able to recognize it?
当然
Sure.
这么说 陪审员甲
So, juror number one
可能并不能很精确地说出
may not be able to say exactly
我有多高 或是有多重 甚至是我的年纪
how tall I am or how much I weigh or even how old I am,
但当我明天走进这里 有可能
but when I walk in here tomorrow, the odds are
她还是能认出我的 对吗
she's gonna recognize me, right?
当然
Sure.
谢谢你 基尔施博士
Thank you, Dr. Kirsch.
基尔施博士,请问第一陪审团员
Dr. Kirsch, is there a difference
能认出阿林顿先生
between juror number one
和本案中指认嫌犯的准确度
recognizing Mr. Arrington and the I.D. Issues
有差别吗
involved in this case?
当然 陪审员在低压力环境下
Absolutely. The jury has spent
花了长时间
a long time looking at Mr. Arrington,
盯着阿林顿先生看
in a low-pressure environment,
而大多数犯罪一般都在
whereas most crimes typically happen quickly,
高压力环境中快速发生
in a high-pressure situation,
并且通常是陌生人作案
and are often perpetrated by strangers.
谢谢
Thank you.
罗西特先生
Mr. Rossiter,
在今天结束前还有其他人
is there anyone else who'd like to be heard
要发声的吗
before we adjourn for today?
局长女士
Yes, Madam Commissioner,
是有的
I believe there is.
雅各布·沃德怎么在这里
Jacob Ward is here?
有一点 和卡洛琳不同
Well, for one thing, unlike Carolyn,
我和当局合作过
I cooperated with the authorities.
我公开指认 交出藏身处
I named names, gave up our safe house,
我宣布放弃运动
I-I renounced the Movement.
我认罪并且表达懊悔
I pled guilty and expressed remorse.
你最近获准假释了
And you were recently granted parole?
是的
剧集 | 嫌疑恋(2017) | 导航列表