剧集 | 铁证悬案(2003) | 导航列表
Good-bye, good-bye?
什么道别
Like sayonara? Adios? Forever?
再也不见的意思吗
This isn't a joke. Who's laughing?
我不是开玩笑 你看我笑了吗
I'm leaving in the morning.
我早上就走
Back to Jersey?
回泽西吗
I'm thinking maybe California.
也许去加州
California.
加州
You know this guy,
你也知道这个人
he's just a rookie.
他只是个菜鸟
We go way back, Lil.
我们是老相识 阿莉
I know. So come with me?
我知道 跟我一起走吧
I got to stop running sometime.
我得停止逃避了
I'm ain't running from anything.
我没逃避任何事
I meant me.
我是说我
Then stay.
那就留下
Bye.
再见
Bye.
再见
Bye.
再见
Your brother may not be able to lie, Ruby.
你弟弟没办法撒谎 露比
But you don't seem to have any problem with it.
但你倒是挺行的
What are you talking about?
你们在说什么
The fish store.
热带鱼店
Your parents burning it down.
是你父母自己烧掉的
My parents were the best, so don't you dare.
我父母都是好人 不要乱说
You got a temper, Ruby?
你脾气挺大啊 露比
When it comes to people talking trash about my family,
如果有人说我家人坏话
yeah, I do.
我是会发脾气
Ever occur to you that arson
有没有想过那件事
might've had something to do with their murder?
会和他们的死有关
My parents did what they had to do.
我父母也是情非得已
They had to burn down their own store?
他们为什么要烧掉自己的店
They were desperate.
太绝望了
Why?
为什么
Because a couple months before they yanked Brent out of school,
因为在他们让布伦特退学的前几个月
this jerk offered them something they couldn't resist.
有个混♥蛋♥给了他们无法抗拒的东西
What?
什么
Hope.
希望
On the autism spectrum disorder, Mr. Harvey,
作为自闭症患者 哈维先生
Brent is very high functioning.
布伦特属于高功能自闭症患者
He knows everything there is to know about tropical fish.
他知道所有关于热带鱼的事
And he's excellent at math,
而且数学很好
Aren't you, Brent?
对吗 布伦特
I'm in algebra 1A.
我在上代数1A课程
Well, that's terrific.
真棒
But here at North Bend,
但在北本德这所学校
our real focus is on emotional
我们的主要目标是放在表达情绪
and social development.
以及发展社交能力上
That's great. That's just what we're looking for.
那太好了 这正是我们需要的
Here's an example of what I'm talking about.
这里就有个活生生的例子
That's Jason.
那是杰森
When he came to north bend,
当他刚来我们这里时
he wouldn't let anyone near him.
不愿意让任何人靠近他
Now look at him.
你瞧他现在
That's amazing.
真是太神奇了
Has Brent ever hugged you?
布伦特抱过你们吗
Or held your hand?
或者是牵过你们的手吗
Touched your face?
触摸你们的脸吗
No.
没有
Well, that's the hope we hold out
这就是我们学校
for parents here at north bend.
带给你们这种父母的希望
But there is one obstacle.
但有一个问题
I'm afraid we have a waiting list.
我们有一个等待名单
How long?
名单有多长
We're not even taking names.
现在都已经不登记了
There is an alternative, however.
但还有一种选择
It's, uh, an incentive program.
可以参加一个赞助计划
One where I see to it that Brent's name
那样的话我会关照布伦特
goes to the top of the waiting list.
直接排到等待名单第一位
You see to it?
你会关照
Yes.
没错
For an incentive.
只要一点点赞助
How much?
多少
20 grand. In cash.
两万块 现金
So your parents burned their own store to pay the bribe?
所以你父母烧掉店是为了凑贿赂的钱
Except the insurance company boned us.
可惜保险公♥司♥雪上加霜
Said the store had faulty wiring.
说起火是因为店里线路问题
Never paid the claim.
没有赔钱
Your mom and dad must've been devastated.
你父母一定伤心死了
They were.
是啊
They lost everything trying to pay off that pimp.
他们为了贿赂那个人 付出了一切
But they were determined, right?
但他们心意已决 不是吗
Desperate.
绝望
Would've done anything.
可以让人做出任何事
So what if they went back to him?
所以如果他们又回去找他
Turned the tables.
扭转了局面
Used his bribe against him.
用他受贿的事来威胁他
Got to hand it to you, Harvey.
不得不赞一下你 哈维
Heck of a scheme.
挺会耍手段的
Extorting desperate parents.
敲诈绝望的父母
That's offensive.
这话说得太过了
You make $42,000 a year
你每年薪水只有4万2
and live in an $800,000 waterfront condo.
却住着80万的海滨别♥墅♥
I have dedicated my life to this school.
我的一生都献给了这所学校
To these kids.
这些学生
Doesn't explain the discrepancy in your finances.
还是解释不了你的钱从哪来的
Do I receive gifts every now and then from grateful parents?
我是偶尔会从那些感激我的父母那里收一点礼物
Yes. Guilty.
我承认
Now what about people who can't afford to give you gifts?
那些送不起礼物的父母呢
People like the Harrises.
比如哈里斯一家
The Harrises?
哈里斯一家
Yeah, they came to you,
没错 他们来找过你
threatened to expose your little incentive program.
威胁你要曝光你所谓的赞助计划
Oh, they never threatened me.
他们从没威胁过我
Sure about that?
你确定
Yeah, they begged me to let their kid in.
确定 他们求我让他们的孩子入学
And you said no.
然后你拒绝了
I gave them my best advice.
我给了他们最好的建议
Gratis.
免费的
Which was?
那是什么
There's a school in Vermont for kids with autism.
佛蒙特州一家专收自闭症儿童的学校
Doesn't charge tuition.
不收学费
Vermont?
佛蒙特州
Yeah. I even made some calls for them.
是啊 我帮他们联♥系♥了一下
Made sure their kid could get in.
确保他们的孩子可以去
And did he?
他们同意了吗
Yes. They were going to move there.
是的 他们准备搬过去
The whole family?
全家吗
I'm all about the kids.
我一心只为孩子
Yeah, you're a real champ.
是啊 你可真是无人能及
Joseph.
乔瑟夫
I found a place for Ruby at a halfway house.
我把露比安排去了教习所
She can live there with Brent if she wants.
她可以在那里和布伦特住在一起
I've been calling you.
我一直在给你打电♥话♥
Went by your apartment last night,
我昨晚去了你家
'cause I thought we were going to talk, but...
想和你谈谈 但是...
You never showed up.
你没回家
I was at the hospital.
我昨晚在医院
With him.
和他一起
Saying good-bye.
跟他道别
And after...
之后
剧集 | 铁证悬案(2003) | 导航列表