剧集 | 养育者 | 导航列表
-我以前见过你吗 -见过 你不会记得的
- Have I met you before? - Yeah, you wouldn't remember.
我上次来时 你还很小
You were tiny when I last visited.
而你 艾娃小可爱 还不存在呢
And you, sweet little Ava, barely even existed.
-我死了吗 -没有人会死
- Was I dead? - No one's ever dead.
我们的分子在宇宙形成时就存在了
Our molecules existed when the universe formed,
它们会永远存在
and they'll exist for eternity.
我们都永生不死
We all live forever,
所以你什么都不用怕
so you never have to be scared of anything.
真的吗 什么都不怕
Really? Nothing?
自亘古以来 你就存在了
You've been around since the dawn of time.
有什么好怕的
What's there to be scared of?
你可以帮我做家庭作业吗
Can you help me with my homework?
别做家庭作业 卢克
Don't do homework, Lukey.
撕掉 没用的垃圾
Rip it up. It's useless crap.
我以前让你们的妈妈也不要做作业
I used to stop your mother from doing her homework.
上学没用
School is nonsense.
不是的
No, it's not nonsense.
强迫孩子学习
Pressuring kids to learn
什么白鬼想让他们学的东西
what some dead white dudes want 'em to know?
1492年 哥伦布远航
In 1492, Columbus sailed the ocean blue.
毕达哥拉斯 牛轭湖
Pythagoras. Oxbow lakes.
死去的国王
Dead kings.
无聊 垃圾
It's dull. It's crap.
我十四岁时从高中辍学
I dropped out of high school at 14.
从来没上过大学
Never went to college.
教育是给傻瓜的
Education is for idiots.
去玩耍 当个人
Go. Play. Be a human.
你在帮倒忙
That's not helpful.
孩子需要教育 外面的生活很难
Kids need an education. It's tough out there.
你觉得难才难
It's only tough if you let yourself believe it's tough.
如果你不负责任
Oh, maybe if you fuck off all responsibility
想抛弃家庭就抛弃
and abandon your family whenever it suits you,
那没错 也许生活是不太难
then yeah, maybe it's not so tough.
-给你 -谢谢你
- Here. - Thank you.
你有地方住吗
You got anywhere to stay?
有
Yeah.
-没有 -有钱吗
- No. - Got any money?
-有一些 -多少
- Some. - How much?
很少 很少
Very, very little.
如果我可以在这里过夜
Look, if I can sleep here tonight,
明天我可以去看望几个老朋友
I can look up a couple of old friends tomorrow.
也许他们中有人有床垫和毯子
Maybe one of them has a mattress and a blanket,
枕头 一些床单
you know, pillow, some sheets.
你是说一张床
A bed, basically.
我之前正在
You know, I was foraging
那条铁路路堤上寻找食物
on that railway embankment earlier.
找到了一些非常棒的蘑菇
Found some really good mushrooms
还有嫩荨麻和野蒜
and young nettles and some wild garlic.
现在 如果你有奶油和少量白葡萄酒
Now, if you've got cream and a splash of white wine,
我可以给你和利亚姆做饭
I can cook for you and Liam.
-他叫保罗 -抱歉
- It's Paul. - Sorry.
保罗 是的 见鬼
Paul. Yes. Fuck.
对不起
Sorry.
利亚姆是
Liam was--
-别再说利亚姆了 -好的
- Shut up about Liam. - Yeah.
那么你想来一顿狩猎采集大餐吗
So do you want a hunter-gatherer meal?
主要是采集
It's mainly gathering.
蘑菇一般不会跑来跑去
The mushrooms tend to not move around.
好吧
Yeah.
那太棒了
That was amazing.
只是尽我所能罢了
I do what I can.
我其实不是口琴演奏家 不过带着很方便
I'm not really a harp player, but it is portable.
食物也很美味 迈克尔
Uh, the food was great as well, Michael.
谢谢
Thanks.
免费的食物味道都很特别
Free food tastes special.
而且 我在路堤上的时候
Also, when I was on the embankment,
我看到一只狐狸
I saw a fox...
它允许我陪它坐了一会儿
And it let me sit with it for a while.
-那太棒了 是不是 -我们睡不着
- That's good, isn't it? - We can't sleep.
迈克尔外公能给我们读一个睡前故事吗
Can Grandpa Michael read us a bedtime story?
不 我不能
No, I can't.
但是我可以编一个故事
But I can create one
让你们做英雄
with you as the heroes.
怎么样
How's that?
好 你们是忍♥者外星吸血鬼
Okay, you're ninja alien vampires,
你们在古希腊
and you're in ancient Greece,
你们还拥有特殊的动物力量
and you've got special animal powers.
-我是一只狮子 -我是哈利·波特
- I'm a lion! - I'm Harry Potter!
那才不是动物
That's not an animal.
你和迈克尔怎么样
How's it all going, you and Michael?
一如既往的复杂
Complicated as ever.
他要住下吗
Is he staying here?
是啊 显然只住一晚
Yeah, for just one night, apparently.
好的
Okay.
小爱 我在考虑学校的问题 重新考虑
Listen, Al, I've been thinking about schools--rethinking.
之前我错了
Uh, I was wrong.
艾娃应该去上卢克的学校
Ava should go to Luke's school,
他们应该去演戏剧
and they should do the drama
编故事 做艺术 没有压力
and the stories and the art and not be pressured.
真的吗
Really?
是的 底线是
Yeah, bottom line is,
我不想让孩子变成我这样的人
I don't want the kids to turn out like me.
-别这样说 -不 我认真的
- Oh, don't say that. - No, really, I-I mean it.
你了解我 我
You know me, and I'm--
我不是个快乐的人 但他们应该快乐
I'm not a happy person, and they should be happy.
这也是我在考虑的事 重新考虑
The thing is that I've been thinking--well, rethinking--too,
我意识到我不希望他们变成像
and I realize that I don't want them to turn out--
-像你一样的人吗 -去你的
- Like you? - Fuck off!
不 像我爸迈克尔一样的人
No, like Michael, like my dad.
他们要是变成像我一样的人才好呢
It would be fantastic if they turned out like me.
-我超棒的 -是的 显然如此
- I'm great. - Yes, obviously.
该死的 保罗
Fucking hell, Paul.
抱歉
I'm sorry. It's--
上次我爸爸交税是在1983年
The last time my dad paid tax was in 1983.
他这一生都依赖自己的外表 魅力和感召力
He's relied on his looks, charm, and charisma
浑浑噩噩 但结果一无所有
to get by his whole life, and it's got him nothing.
寻找该死的蘑菇
Foraging for fucking mushrooms.
我希望孩子变成你这样的人
I want the kids to turn out like you.
我选择生你的孩子就是因为
I mean, the reason that I had kids with you
你和我爸爸是完全相反的两种人
is because you are the opposite of my father.
所以我不迷人
So I'm not a charming,
不英俊 也没什么感召力吗
handsome, charismatic maverick, then?
才不是
No.
你知道我是什么意思
You know what I mean.
孩子们值得我们给他们最好的人生开端
The kids deserve the best start that we can give them,
所以我们试试让艾娃托上西街小学
so let's--let's try and get Avainto West Street school,
然后她和卢克可以在周末
and she and Luke can do their drama
演戏剧什么的
and stuff on the weekends.
我不想让他们到了70岁
Now, I don't want them to get to 70
还在铁路上和狐狸聊天
and be on a railway linechatting shit to a fucking fox.
是啊
Yeah.
这会告诉我们家到西街小学
See, this will tell us to the nearest centimeter
有多少距离 精确到厘米
how close we are to West Street school.
关键是要近 不会有很多
Proximity's key, and there can't be
跟艾娃同龄的孩子住得更近了
many kids of Ava's age who live much closer.
-该死 -怎么了
- Oh, shit. - What?
那栋房♥子正在出♥售♥
That house is under offer,
福克斯利·戴维斯
房♥屋待售
昨天我看见希克森一家在看这房♥子
and yesterday I saw the Hicksons looking round it.
-希克森一家吗 -是的
- The fucking Hicksons? - Yep.
剧集 | 养育者 | 导航列表