剧集 | 养育者 | 导航列表
四岁孩子比原来少了
in their catchment this year,
所以艾娃有很大希望能进去
so Ava has a real chance of getting in.
再加上多子女就读政策
And with the sibling policy--
怎么 难道一有空位
What, then Luke could be first in the queue
卢克就是第一候选人吗
when a place becomes free?
这可是黄金入场券
It's the golden ticket, mate.
英国教育标准局说西街社区小学非常好
Ofsted says West Street is outstanding.
脱颖而出
It stands out.
格罗夫小学只是合格而已
Park Grove is adequate.
卢克和艾娃都很聪明 爱丽
Now, Luke and Ava are smart kids, Ally.
他们得发挥他们的潜力
They need to fulfill their potential.
我的背心又卡在耳朵上了
Uh-oh, my vest is stuck on my ears again.
我脱不下来
I can't get it off.
老天啊
Oh, Christ.
格罗夫小学有很棒的音乐和戏剧活动
There's all that amazing music and drama at Park Grove.
涂鸦艺术 诗歌♥朗诵比赛
The stencil art, the poetry slam.
我喜欢诗歌♥
I love poetry.
我喜欢 诗歌♥这个概念
I love it, the idea of it.
但阅读和数学呢
But what about reading and maths?
西街社区小学在这两方面都很突出
West Street is outstanding at reading and maths.
我要去新学校了吗
Am I going to a new school?
-不 -有可能
- No. - Maybe.
暂时不会 别担心
Not yet. Don't worry about it.
不要给他们压力
Let's not pressure them.
这只是小学而已
It's only primary school.
-他们应该好好享受 -我知道
- They should be enjoying themselves. - Yeah, I know.
但是万一他们通不过标准评估考试
But if they don't pass their SATs, right,
就进不了好中学
they don't get into the good secondary.
然后就进不了好大学
Then they don't get into the good university,
最后就找不到好工作
so they can't get a decent job.
接着就付不起房♥租 更别说买♥♥一套公♥寓♥了
They can't afford to rent, let alone buy a flat.
他们不能安定下来 就不能生孩子
They can't settle down. They can't have kids.
艾娃才四岁
Ava is only four.
我们怎么就开始讨论她生孩子的问题了
How have we got to her having kids already?
卢克对现状很满意
Luke is happy where he is.
再说了 到学校连一分钟都花不了
Plus, it's 13 seconds away.
空间传送都没这么快
It would take longer to teleport
因为你还得把传送器的插头插上
because you'd have to plug the teleporter in
或者连上蓝牙 管它怎么用的
or connect it to Bluetooth or however they work.
-你为什么会这么想 -不要用水泼我
- But what has brought this on? - Stop splashing me!
-你不要学我 -没什么特别的原因
- Stop copying me! - Nothing's brought this on.
-我只想 -你不要学我
- I just want-- - Stop copying me!
都给老子闭嘴 别泼来泼去的了
Shut the fuck up with the splashing!
老天爷啊
Jesus Christ!
我只想为了孩子好
I just want what's best for the kids,
而且我不想他们输在起跑线上
and I don't want to set them upto fail this early on.
-就没有其他原因了吗 -没有了
- There's nothing more to it? - Nope.
我真是松了一口气 纳迪娅
I'm so relieved, Nadia.
我也为海伦感到开心
And really pleased for Helen.
真是卸下了我心灵的重担
That's a huge weight off my mind and my shoulders.
-真的吗 -是的
- Really? - Absolutely.
因为我害怕的是 如果我升职了
Because my fear was, if I'd got this promotion--
还是叫岗位调整 无论这是什么吧
sideways move, whatever you want to call it--
这就是升职
It is a promotion.
我害怕的是
My fear was that, uh,
就基本只是行政工作了
it's basically just an admin job,
这会让我离开
and that would take me away from--
我现在的很多工作也算是行政
I mean, I guess a lot of what I do now you could call admin,
这么说吧 假如我不采煤
but I still feel like I'm, if not at the coal face,
那就得去打井 你知道我的意思吧
then certainly still down the pit, do you know what I mean,
挥着我的脏手 吃着我的馅饼
with my filthy hands and my Cornish pasty.
抱歉 这好像是锡矿开采
Sorry, that's tin mining.
你想要知道原因吗
Do you want any feedback
为什么海伦升职了而不是你
as to why Helen got the job over you?
不用 我没事的
No, I'm all right, I think.
算了 我想知道 你说吧
No. Yes, I would, please.
能告诉我吗
Can I hear it?
你是这里资历最老的员工了
Well, you're the longest-servingemployee here,
所有人都很尊敬你
hugely respected by everyone.
谢谢
Thank you.
但你好像不太渴求这次新挑战
But you just didn't seem that hungry for this new challenge,
我们需要有这份渴望的人
and we needed someone hungry.
好吧
Right.
好吧
Okay.
真是值得深思
That's food for thought.
谢谢你告诉我
I appreciate the feedback of
我应该渴望什么事
the thought food that I am hungry for.
对不起 谢谢
Sorry. Thank you.
好了 谢谢
Uh, yeah. Thank you.
-再见 -再见 保罗
- Cheers. - Bye, Paul.
对了 我们咨♥询♥了一些地方 打了些电♥话♥
We inquired about places, by the way, rang 'em up.
什么 什么地方 给谁打电♥话♥
What? Places? Rang who up?
朗庭老人之家
Langham House old people's home
不知道你们现在怎么叫的
or whatever you call it now.
养护中心
Care facility.
他们接收公费资助的老人
They take council-funded residents.
两个街区以外就有个赌场
There's a bookie's two streets away.
我们在那会很开心的
We'd be happy there.
你们不用去养老院
You don't need to be in a home.
你们在想什么
What are you on about?
吉姆摔倒让我们不得不思考
Jim's falls made us think.
我们不再灵活了
We're not getting any more nimble,
而且要是我们痴呆了
and you don't want to be looking after us
你也不会想照顾我们吧
when we're doolally, do you,
或让我们跟你住在一起
or have us staying with you,
我们会到处流口水 还会放超响的屁
dribbling all over the shop, audible farts, et cetera.
这是什么傻话 不要说傻话
This is daft. Stop talking daft.
你们很多年后再讨论这些也不迟啊
You got years till you start thinking about that stuff.
-老天 -慢着点 爸爸
- Ooh! - Hey, steady, Dad.
他们给你拐杖了 用你的拐杖
They gave you a stick. Use your stick.
我不想拄拐杖
I don't want to use my stick.
拄拐杖太显老了
I'll look old with my stick.
是你的脸显老 伙计
You look old with your face, mate,
而不是该死的拐杖
never mind your bloody stick.
快坐下
Sit down here.
我把这些东西搬到阁楼上
I'll put this stuff in the loft.
这都是些什么垃圾啊
What is all this crap anyway?
这是我们在购物频道上买♥♥的东西
Oh, it's things we buy off the shopping channels.
这是我们羞耻的小秘密
It's our secret shame.
这是什么
What's this thing?
这是可以把8毫米胶片转换成视频的机器
It's a kit to turn 8-millimetercine film into video.
但我们根本就没有电影摄影机
We've never had a cine camera.
我现在知道了
No, I know that now,
但是电视购物时一激动我就忘了
but I forgot in the QVC excitement.
QVC是美国最大电视购物公♥司♥
他们太能忽悠人了
They're very persuasive, those people.
他们都能当律师或者是催眠师了
They could be barristers or hypnotists.
我们想把这些都藏在阁楼上
But we want it all hidden in the loft
因为有位调查经济状况的女士要来
'cause a means-test lady's coming
来看我们符不符合养老院的公费条件
to see if we're eligible for council funding for the care home.
不要再说去养老院的事了
Stop talking about going into a care home,
不然我就把你们送去养老院
or I'll put you in a care home.
西街社区小学
福克斯利·戴维斯
房♥屋待售
你喜欢你的学校吧 卢克
You like your school, don't you, Luke?
不喜欢
No.
什么 你是说你不喜欢你的学校
What, you mean you don't like your school,
还是你就不喜欢去上学
or you just don't like going to school?
我喜欢我们家
I like our house.
但你不能在家上学
Yeah, but you can't be homeschooled,
你会变成个肥宅的
because you'll end up on Only Connect.
剧集 | 养育者 | 导航列表