剧集 | 养育者 | 导航列表
Only Connect为英国电视问答节目
妈咪 我找不到我的贴纸了
Mummy, I can't find my stickers.
什么 我没听清
What? I don't understand.
-惊喜 -我去
- Surprise! - Ah! Fuck!
天啊 迈克尔
Oh, God. Oh, Michael?
我的天 我很抱歉
Oh, my God. I'm so sorry.
-我的蛋 -你不能说"蛋"
- Oh, my balls. - You mustn't say "balls."
那太粗俗了 你得说汤丸
It's rude. You say "rice-icles."
是睾丸 不是汤丸
It's "testicles." It's not "rice-icles."
-你好 -你好啊 亲爱的
- Hello. - Hi, honey.
你们一直留着我的画
You kept all my drawings.
当然了 我们为你的画感到自豪
Of course. We're proud of them.
但是它们被丢在阁楼
They're in the loft, though.
我们总不能把它们裱起来吧
We're not gonna frame them, are we?
把这些画挂在墙上也太奇怪了
That would be weird to have something up on the wall
毕竟那是你10岁画的 现在你都45岁了
that your son drew when he was ten and now he's 45.
有道理
Yeah, fair enough.
阁楼是折中的办法
The loft is a halfway house
既不用把画挂墙上
between having them on the wall
又不用一把火烧了
and burning them on the allotment.
我希望你能坚持画画 保罗
I wish you could've carried on with your drawing, Paul.
你画得很好
You were good.
好
Okay, fine.
海伦 你好
Um, Helen, h-hi.
我只是想说
I just wanted to say
祝贺你获得了这份工作
huge congratulations on getting the job.
谢谢 保罗
Oh, thank you, Paul.
我也一直很想对你说
I've been wanting to say to you that--
不用了 我知道 那很难吧
No. I know. It's-- No, it's difficult, isn't it?
算是同情吗
Is it commiserations?
似乎有点没必要 毕竟没人死
That seems a bit heavy. No one died.
是啊 那就说你运气不好
Yeah. Bad luck, then.
谢了
Thank you.
我还是觉得应该是你得到这份工作
I still think you should've got the job.
你已经在这很久了
You've been here so long.
谢谢 也不是
Well, thank-- Yes. No.
我只是在这里干了段时间
I have been here a while.
你是剑桥大学的 对吗
Y-you went to Cambridge, right?
对 也不算吧
Yeah. Not really.
我的确上的剑桥 没错
I mean, I did go there, yeah,
只是其中一个新建的学院
but it was one of the newer colleges.
我其实完全没资格进这所学校
I didn't deserve to get in at all.
纯粹侥幸
Total fluke.
也许他们每年都会录取几个幸运的家伙
They probably just let in a couple of lucky thickos every year.
-别谦虚了 -你呢
- Come on. - You?
我其实没有上过大学
No, I didn't really do university.
我当时还以为也许我会上艺术学校
I thought perhaps I might go to art school, maybe.
为什么你没去
Why didn't you?
人生难免不如意 不是吗
Life gets in the way, doesn't it?
偏离了轨迹 突然发现自己奔四了
You drift. Suddenly you find yourself in late 30s, and--
你住在哪
Where do you live?
我把帽子放哪就是哪
Wherever I lay my hat.
歌♥词 原句为我把帽子放哪 哪就是家
你没有帽子
You haven't got a hat.
你把帽子弄丢了吗
Have you lost your hat?
我以为你还在开普敦
I thought you were in Cape Town.
谢丽尔把我赶出家门了
Well, Cheryl kicked me to the curb.
我和你隔了好远的距离
We were too far apart.
是啊 隔了四十年呢
Yeah, by about 40 years.
-他真的是你♥爸♥爸吗 -是的
- Is he really your daddy? - Yep.
你才没有爸爸
You haven't got a daddy.
-每个人都有爸爸 -是啊
- Everybody's got a daddy. - Hmm, yes.
但爸爸也各有不同
Some more than others.
我们能走得慢点吗 拜托
C-could we walk a bit more slowly, please?
我的蛋
My balls.
-是汤丸 -就说蛋好了
- Rice-icles. - Let's just say "balls."
蛋就可以了
"Balls" is fine.
蛋蛋
Balls!
替我们向孩子们问好
Give our love to the little ones.
-好 -卢克还想当宇航员吗
- Yeah. - Does Luke still want to be an astronaut?
他跟我说他想当犀牛
He told me he wanted to be a rhino.
他想当什么都行
Oh, well, he can be whatever he wants.
我喜欢听这句话
I love it when we say that.
但他不能 对吧
He can't, can he?
才不呢 "梦想远大"就是个谎言
No. "Dream big," it's such a lie.
你应该试试圣约翰麦芽汁
You should try that Saint-John's-wort.
它能让你振作
It perks you up.
不用 没事 我不是抑郁 我只是现实
No, I'm fine. I'm not depressed. I'm just a realist.
我发病的时候用的是什么
What was I on when I had my episode?
-锂 -锂
- Lithium. - Lithium.
他们现在不用那种治疗方法了
They don't do that anymore,
电击疗法什么的
like the electric shocks.
我不需要锂
I don't need lithium.
你还没试过 别着急否定
Don't knock it till you've tried it.
神丹妙药
Fuckin' brilliant.
我当时不知道哪年哪月 自己是谁
I didn't know the time of day, who I was.
我只是吃了上顿吃下顿
I just floated from one meal to the other,
还不♥穿♥裤子
no pants on.
太可怕了
Terrific.
我还就着伏特加一起吃 算是有点帮助
I was on the vodka with it, so that helped.
天啊 你真幸运
God, you're a lucky woman.
卢克喜欢恐龙 对吧
Look, Luke loves his dinosaurs, right,
所以我们对他说 "你会成为古生物学家"
so we say to him, "You're gonnabe a paleontologist."
但是他不会成为古生物学家 对吗
But he's not gonna be a paleontologist, is he?
艾娃喜欢芭蕾 但她不会成为芭蕾舞者
Ava loves her ballet, but she's not gonna be a ballerina.
为什么不会呢
Why not?
芭蕾舞者是真实存在的 保罗 我见过
Ballerinas exist, Paul. I've seen them.
妈妈 有中奖的百万富翁
Mum, lottery millionaires exist.
有连体双胞胎 有性感的种族主义者
Conjoined twins exist. Sexy racists exist.
但是很稀罕
But they're rare.
艾娃最多成为超级药房♥的地区经理
Ava will most likely become an area manager for Super Drug,
而不是芭蕾舞者
not a ballerina.
你的火花没了 保罗
You've lost your spark, Paul.
我一直怪你上的那所初中
I always blamed that secondary school you went to.
等一下 圣埃德蒙中学很好
Whoa. Hang on. St. Edmund's was great.
是那一片最好的公立学校
It was the best state school in the area.
我知道 但他们把你的创造力全夺走了
I know, but they sucked all the creativity out of you.
你当时从没那么说过
You never said that at the time.
你不写文章了
You stopped your writing.
你不画画了
You stopped drawing.
去那之前
Before you went there,
你充满了创造力
you were bursting with creativity.
然后你只剩下一个空壳
Then you became a husk.
空壳 见鬼
A husk? Fucking hell.
不是空壳 吉姆 他不是空壳
Not a husk, Jim. He wasn't a husk.
措辞不对 对不起
Wrong word. Sorry.
我脚踝痛 在吃可待因
I'm on codeine for me ankle.
圣埃德蒙中学不重视艺术和故事
They didn't value art or stories at St. Edmund's.
他们觉得生活是战斗 你应该发奋图强
They thought life was a battle and you should knuckle down
通过考试 找一个好工作
and pass your exams and get a good job,
你做到了 这还不错
which you did, so there's that.
你喜欢你的工作 对吗
And you love your work, don't you?
对
Yeah.
你还是在那家慈善机构
You still at that charity place?
对 22年了 爸爸
Yeah, for 22 years now, Dad.
我想也是
Thought so.
天啊
Christ.
-爱你 -再见
- Love you. - Bye.
爱你
Love you.
那是什么
What's that?
你是个魔术师
Whoa! You're a magician.
剧集 | 养育者 | 导航列表