剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表
当然是由你掌舵
With your hand on the wheel, sure,
但我的董事会喜欢安静
but my board of directors likes quiet.
前橄榄球球员
你的董事会想看到德文·赫斯特复出
Your board likes Devin Hester returns
我是唯一一个能带着他们的钱
and I'm the only one who can take their money
跑一百零九♥码♥到达应许之地的人
a hundred and nine yards to the promised land.
你通过巴奈基金已经在这么做了
You're doing that. Through Panay.
还是太快了
Still too soon.
要是你自己不回来
Okay, if you're not gonna come back yourself,
那就帮我做点事
go to work for me.
消防员养老基金 环卫工人基金
Firefighters pension fund, Sanitation workers fund,
狱警
Corrections officers--
说服他们注资给阿克斯资本
convince 'em to come onboard Axe Cap.
给我点实惠 你会拿到分红的
Come on, feed me some red meat, man. You'll get a cut.
你像我过去驱赶留着鼻涕的瘾君子线人一样
You putting me out on the street like I used to
把我赶到大街上干活
with my runny nosed junkie CIs.
你口袋里的那个硬盘
Yeah, that drive in your pocket's
会比你以前给他们的
gonna give you a lot more motivation
二十块旧纸币和美♥沙♥酮♥药片
than the crumpled twenties and the methadone tabs
一种戒毒用药品
给你更多动力
you used to give them.
我会打几个电♥话♥
I'll make some calls.
我就不问你为何如此急迫地
And I won't ask why you're so desperate
想要快速集资
for this immediate cash infusion...
我差点准备拒绝这次会议
I almost didn't take this meeting.
因为凯特会给我电♥话♥
Because Kate would have called me,
告诉我会议的目的
told me the agenda
如果这个会议确实有什么目的的话
if it were something on the actual agenda.
你们俩都需要我的帮助
So you both need something from me,
但你却一个人来了
but you're here alone.
你不希望她因此受到牵连
You didn't want her compromised by asking.
你活得如此成功自有你的原因 富兰克林
There's a reason you're where you are in life, Franklin.
原因可多了
There are many.
最重要的是运气
Luck prominent among them.
当然 还有一些工具 技能 能力
And, yes, certain tools, skills, abilities.
这些又如何能受益于你呢
How can I use those to benefit you today?
好 我们直切主题
Good. Let's go right at it. Yes.
我想知道某种类型的交易
I'm trying to understand how a particular set of deals
在几年前是如何达成的
would have been made several years back.
得州当地的电视台交易
Local television station deals. In Texas.
由权力在握的政♥府♥官员主导
By powerful government officials.
现在任何人深究都会惹上麻烦
Dangerous ground for anyone to look at these days.
尤其是你
More so for you.
我像是那种怕惹上麻烦的人吗
Kind of man would I be if I let that danger stop me?
你尤其想了解的交易
Are you particularly focused on deals
是否有关某个宗教组织
that revolve around a religious center
及其广泛宣传教义的本事
and its ability to broadcast its message widely?
是的
I am.
我该这么查
I should be.
对吧
Right?
仔细听着
Follow me closely here.
我不能与此事扯上关系
I can't engage.
不能就此细谈
Can't talk specifically about it.
我必须对我的董事会和股东负责
I have a duty to my board and shareholders--
不让我的公♥司♥登上这个国家
not to get the company on the shit list
权力最大的执法官的黑名单
of the most powerful lawman in the country--
我必须遵守这点
and I must hew to that.
那我们谈些更宽泛的
Let's speak more broadly, then.
理论上的
Philosophically...
我不打算坐在这儿告诉你土地交易是如何
Not going to sit here and run you through how land deals--
谁的土地
Whose land?
没错
Exactly.
那些交易在十几年前如何签订
How those deals were struck a decade ago
从而使得电视电缆布满了大半个州
to allow wires to run across half the state.
土地租赁 自然保护区
How land leases, conservation areas
水利权可能是如何被征用的
and water rights might have been eminent domained and such.
谁到底用什么得到了什么
And what that might have cost who.
谁从中获益
And who might have benefited.
我绝不会要求你提供这类信息
I'd never ask you to give me that kind of info,
说真的
for the record.
不 你要是真提供了就帮我大忙了
No, that'd be helping me.
但你没有
Which you are not.
上回我在得州 乔克还是州长
The last time I was in Texas, Jock was still governor.
他控制着整个州
And had oversight over the entire state.
你知道的
You know that.
但你不知道他是如何
What you don't know is the ways
施加他的影响力的
in which he wielded that influence.
我们每一个媒体中人
We all, every one of us in the media landscape,
都得向他示忠
had to kiss his ring.
那之后 我想 受够了
After that, I thought: been there, done that.
然后躲得远远的
And stayed away.
从没想过他能跑到另外一个地方
Never thinking he'd end up in a place
造成更大的伤害
where he could do more damage.
除非有人能想办法阻止他
Unless someone, somehow stopped him.
你死抓着领带干什么
You're white-knuckling your necktie.
怎么了
What is it?
我们要和
Um...we're having dinner
检察长夫妇共进晚餐
with the Attorney General and his wife.
今晚
Tonight.
我们上哪儿去吃
Where are we going?
他们
Well, they've, uh...
他们吃够了餐馆
they've, uh, tired of restaurant eating.
吃够了餐馆
Restaurant eating?...
这跟坐够了飞机有什么不同
That's like being tired of air flying.
除此之外还能怎样
What other kind is there?
我真得给他们下厨做饭吗
I'm really supposed to cook for these people?
我们对杰夫科特太太有任何了解吗
Do we know anything about Mrs. Jeffcoat?
别人叫她安妮
Uh...goes by Anne.
那其实是她的名字 别人可能叫她妈妈
Actually, that's her name. Probably goes by Mother.
所以我们真要下厨
So we're doing this?
该死 我们真得下厨
Fuck. We're doing this.
反正我不♥穿♥围裙
Well, I'm not putting on an apron.
不能让他们到处说我给他们做饭了
That's not a story they're leaving with.
那怎么办
What then?
迅速聊两句
A quick thing?
行
Sure.
斯巴坦-艾弗斯找你
Spartan-Ives for you.
阿克斯 我找来了堪萨斯城
Axe, I've got Kansas City in town.
重型建筑工会基金
The Heavy Construction Laborers Union fund.
他们听说已经有人给你投了钱
They heard you got your icebreaker.
他们来找你开个会
They're coming to you for a meeting.
首轮投资五亿
Starting investment is 500 million.
我们会想办法把这个数字提上去 让他们来
Well, we'll see about upping that number. Send them in.
先警告你 他们要求非常严格
Just a warning: they're straitlaced.
我带他们来是看正货的 不要什么偏门左道
I'm taking them to Cats, not The Box.
音乐剧《猫》 后者是一个MV电视台
好 我们会给他们的威士忌里掺牛奶的
Okay. So we'll give them milk with their Michter's.
等我们跟他们坐下来谈
And when we're sitting at the table with 'em,
你得好好跟他们讲解 听到了吗
you sell them the car with the Tru-Coat sealant you hear?
没问题
Go Bears!
你找我有事
You came in for something.
一件个人的小事情
A minor key personal thing.
你能帮我和几位外地的客人预约诺玛德餐厅吗
Can you arrange NoMad for me and some out of town guests?
纽约著名米其林三星餐厅
行 奥斯卡在纽约没人脉吗
Sure. Oscar isn't wired in New York?
他有 但是我想把这个作为送给他的礼物
He is, but I want to deliver this for him as a present.
是生意上的事 小小庆祝一下
It's a business thing, a little celebration.
好 我这就给威尔·戈戴拉打电♥话♥
Okay. I'll call Will Guidara now.
著名餐厅经理人 名下包括诺玛德餐厅
你是真要挑起一场战争
You really are starting a war.
就像《与狼共舞》里的科斯特纳
Like Costner did in Wolves.
一口气冲进敌人的战线
Riding right up to the enemy line,
让他们冲你开枪
剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表