剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表
It was a moment of peak. I'm gonna stop and tell you?
希望你那么做了
Wish you had.
你很有说服力
You were very convincing.
不过一切都有自己的缘法 对吧
But, in a way, it all had to play itself out, didn't it?
如果我知道你要干什么
If I had known what you were gonna do--
-你会试图阻止我 -是的 我会的
- You'd have tried to stop me. - Yes, I would have,
我也很可能会成功
and I might have succeeded.
在一个方面上那样会更好
Well, that would have been better in one way...
但其他方面都会更糟
but worse in all the others...
因为现在我们都在家了 我们又在一起了
because now we are home, and we are a "we" again.
如果我什么都不干
And if I hadn't have done a thing,
谁知道我现在是什么体会
who knows how I'd have felt,
怨恨之情又会如何蔓延
what resentments might have festered?
但是你做了 我做了
But you did and I did,
事情没有变糟
and there is nothing festering.
除了我现在要出去处理的事之外
Except for the thing I'm off to deal with now.
除此之外
Except that.
你妻子 还在特区吗
Your wife, she still down in D.C.?
是的 外面
Yes, outside.
你一定很想她
You must miss her.
我们每天聊天 而坐火车只要
We talk every day, and the train ride is only--
没错 但是问题是
Sure it is. But the problem is
信息的自♥由♥流动
that the free flow of information,
每天随机的细节 都能让人迷失
the casual details of the day, can get lost.
你知道 有段时间
You know, for a time, even though
尽管我们住在一起 我妻子和我也像这样生活
we did reside in the same house, my wife and I lived that way.
你是说你和你妻子没有秘密
You're telling me that you and your wife have no secrets?
肯定是有所隐匿的
Oh I'm certain some are still lurking.
我们都会隐藏某些情感
We all mask certain emotions,
经常是我们最强烈的情感
often our most intense ones,
就像比约恩·博格一样
like Bjorn Borg did.
但就像博格
But like Borg,
但最终也会让你一无所有
eventually, it'll end up costing you everything,
所以我们在努力奋斗
so we're digging in, right?
埋头苦干
Digging in.
她告诉了你做空冰果汁的事了
She told you about her short on Ice Juice.
我们就是有这种默契
That's the kind of bond we have.
所以你是来告诉我
So you are here to tell me
她会以检举
she will turn state's evidence
来避免起诉
to avoid being the subject of prosecution?
她可是阿克斯案件的同伙
She is a co-conspirator in Axe's scheme.
不是的
No, sir.
她是受我们之间的协议保护的
She's safe due to the terms of the deal you and I struck.
那是关于你父亲的
That was about your father.
我说的是我和我的家庭
I said me and my family.
而你同意了
And you assented.
现在你会说这太难了
And now you will say this is unduly burdensome,
我就不得不说
which will force me to say that it is less so
这远比争取留在荣耀的内务部
than remaining a glorified Internal Affairs grunt
做个阴暗办公室里的勤杂工
working out a dank office
要容易多了
on the fringes of our capital city.
而且你也看到了
And, as you saw,
乔克·杰夫科特现在是听我的意见
Jock Jeffcoat is taking my counsel these days
来决定谁留下谁走人
on who should be in and who should be out.
我对自己的道德标准
There's only so much compromise
能做多少妥协
of my own system of morality
也是有限度的
that I can swallow.
我恰好知道你是加尔文主义者
I happen to know you're a Calvinist.
你相信我们都已经堕落到无法被救赎的地步了
You believe we're all fallen beyond any hope for redemption.
那么回答我这个问题
So answer me this.
有一个朋友和你结盟对付共同的敌人
What's one more demerit for a friend allied with you
有什么不好的吗
against a common foe?
你说的教义并不完全准确
Ecumenically, that's not exactly right,
而且还有些冒犯
and it's borderline offensive.
但那也
But, also, it's...
基本是那么回事
pretty much true.
好吧 我会尽我所能
Okay. I'll do all I can
不把你太太牵扯进来
to keep your wife out of it,
但你现在欠我人情了
but now you owe me.
说吧
Name it.
我先记着
I'll hold it in reserve.
以后再找你还
A favor to be named later.
看看你
Look at you, huh?
越来越老练了
Muckin' in.
就这么说定了
Done.
这都只是私下里的 不会查到我头上吧
This is all on background, no attribution.
对 除非你想实名举报
Yep, until you want to go on record.
好 如果他们要起诉公♥司♥
Good. You know, if they were gonna charge the firm,
他们肯定会这么做的
they would have.
他们的说法不就是
Well, isn't their argument that this one instance
这次事件只是冰山一角
could be the tip of the iceberg,
所以他们才需要查所有的交易
that they need to go through all the old trades
来看这会不会是固定模式
to see if there's a pattern?
但那样会拖好几个月呢 这是骚扰 兰迪
But that could take months. It's harassment, Randy.
他们已经花了好几年时间
They've already spent years
来查以前的交易
going through all those old trades,
想要以此立案 但都没成功
trying to make a case, and they've failed.
他们现在又编个故事说我故意搞破坏
Now they've come up with this story about me and sabotage,
但你会发现那都是胡编乱造
which you will see is false.
我做空那家公♥司♥纯粹是因为
Look, I shorted that company
我发现他们生产过程有问题 财务状况不好
'cause I saw a faulty process and bad financials,
然后我现在因为市场和我意见一致而受到惩罚
and I'm being penalized because the markets agreed with me.
我是被陷害的
I was set up.
你很快就会知道所有的细节的
Now, soon you'll have all these details,
但他们现在的所作所为
but what they are doing right now
不仅要毁掉我个人的声誉
is they're trying to ruin not only my reputation
还有在阿克斯资本工作的每个人的声誉
but that of everyone who works at Axe Capital,
那才是你想要深入调查的新闻
and that is the story you should be digging into.
吃晚饭吗
Want dinner?
我们需要那么做吗
Do we need to do that?
阿克斯罗德的案子 我想看看
On Axelrod, I could use to see
冰果汁首次公开募股中
the transaction records of all the people
所有人买♥♥卖♥♥股票的记录
who bought or sold stock in the Ice Juice IPO,
他们也是这次事件的受害者
the victims in this thing.
你是说除了被下毒的那些人
You mean besides the people who were poisoned?
对 他们大概是唯一获利的一群人吧
Yeah, they were about the only ones who got paid.
证券交易委员会说你因为什么原因没公开记录
S.E.C. Said you were holding the records for some reason.
我正在让法证财务分♥析♥师
I've got forensic financial analysts
清查整理呢
combing through all that now.
我没想让你被琐碎的细节绊住
I didn't want you to, uh, bog down in those details.
我喜欢了解我案子中的细节
I like knowing the minutiae in my cases.
好 我想也是这样
Good, as I would expect you to.
我会尽快把记录结果给你
I'll get the results to you ASAP.
-那太好了 -好
- Great. - Okay.
我刚才还在想
You know, I was just wondering,
你最早是从谁那里得到这个案件的消息的
who'd you get the initial tip from that started all this?
我应该和他或她谈谈
I should interview him or her.
我理解你想这么做的原因
I understand why you're asking,
但我的消息来源
but my tipster is not exactly
并不像《华尔街》那样充分参与
Blue Horseshoe loves Anacott Steel.
只是个跑龙套的
Just a foot soldier.
他提供的证据足够让联邦调查局介入了
It was enough info to get the FBI going
但并不能做首席证人
but not a firsthand witness.
如果真有重大价值 我会告诉你的
If there were material value, I would share the name.
当然 我知道你会的
Of course. I know you would.
我很高兴我让查克把你派给我
I am glad that I asked Chuck to send you to me.
我需要你的专业意见
I need your expertise.
为您服务很荣幸 领导
Glad to be here, boss.
别叫我"领导" 我们是同辈人
Ugh. Don't call me "Boss." We're peers.
级别上来说 是领导 但我们是同事
In a hierarchy, yes, but colleagues.
叫我"奥利弗"就好
剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表