剧集 | 年轻一代(2015) | 导航列表
It’s completely consensual.
那完全双方自愿的
And Liza is not 27,
还有 莉萨也不是二十七岁
as you know.
你知道的
So her lie I can spin because ageism is wrong, but
她的谎言我可以找到说辞解释 因为年龄歧视是不对的
having an affair with an assistant in your office,
但是在你的办公室里和助理发生私情
that I can’t spin. Not in this climate.
我没办法解释 无言以对
And you’re the public face of the company, so...
你是公♥司♥的形象代言人 所以...
So what are you saying?
你想说什么?
We’re going to have to withdraw our offer.
我们将要收回之前的提案
We can’t afford the liability.
我们承担不起这个责任
I’m sorry.
我很抱歉
What if I’m not the public face?
如果我不再是形象代言人呢
I think there’s another way.
我觉得还有别的解决办法
Josh. Door.
乔什 有人敲门
Oh, my God. What?
哦 天哪 怎么了?
The cacao mother. We called her,
可可之母 我们呼唤了她
and she’s here. What are you talking about?
她真的来了 你说什么?
Open the door. Get the door.
开门 把门打开
Hey, Clare.
嘿 克莱尔
Hi.
嗨
Excuse me, everyone.
请大家过来一下
Could I have your attention for a minute?
占用几分钟时间听我说几句
As you all know, Empirical has not been immune
正如你们知道的那样 经验出版社在出版业
to the turbulence that the rest of the publishing industry
其他公♥司♥都在经历动荡之时
is experiencing.
也未能独自幸免
But I am pleased to say that we are more prepared than ever
但我很高兴地告诉大家 我们做了前所未有的最充分的准备
to stay the course.
会坚持到底
Thanks to a sizeable investment from our very own author...
感谢我们自己旗下作者奎恩·泰勒提供的...
Quinn Tyler.
一笔可观的投资
It’s an honor to be part of such an incredible company.
能成为这样一家了不起的公♥司♥的一份子我感到非常荣幸
The history is prolific, but I’m even more excited
它有着硕果累累的过去 但更让我激动的
about its future.
是它的未来
Now, I made this the home for my book not because
我选择这里出版我的书
it offered me the most money or the highest profile
不是因为它开出的价钱最高或者给出的方案最高调
but because of the passion of two people:
而是因为凯尔西·彼得斯和莉萨·米勒
Kelsey Peters and Liza Miller.
两位的激♥情♥
What they have done for Millennial print
他们为千禧一代所做的工作
is astonishing.
令人叹为观止
Because of their creativity and ingenuity,
因为他们的创造力和独到的见解
they have made it the envy of the publishing world.
使之成为出版界的翘楚
And we’re gonna make it the focus of this company
我们将以此出版社作为公♥司♥的重点
going forward.
继续发展
And that is why... it is my distinct honor...
也正因为此... 我非常荣幸地...
to introduce you to your new publisher...
向大家介绍你们的新出版人...
Kelsey Peters. Whoo!
凯尔西 彼得斯 哦!
Come on. Kelsey, come here.
来吧 凯尔西 过来
Now, Kelsey isn’t the only promotion we have today.
然而 今天不是只有凯尔西一个人得到升迁
It is my honor to introduce to you
我荣幸地向大家介绍
your new Chairman of the Board, Charles Brooks.
新的董事会主席 查尔斯·布鲁克斯
Quite the palace coup.
这是宫廷政♥变♥了啊
I can’t believe Charles would accept it.
想不通查尔斯怎么会接受这种安排
But he just got promoted, didn’t he?
但是他这是升值了啊 不是吗?
The Chairman of the Board only comes in for...
董事会主席只有在季度会议或...
quarterly meetings. The occasional budget approval.
偶尔预算审批的时候才来一下
They’re putting him out to pasture.
他们这是让他退休养老了啊
Charles. Is it true?
查尔斯 他们说的是真的吗?
Did they force you out?
是他们强迫你离开的吗?
Why would Quinn do this?
奎恩为什么要这么干?
She found out about...
她发现了...
us.
我们的事
And that didn’t sit well with her investors.
她的投资伙伴认为会对他们不利
Oh my God, Charles, I am so sorry.
哦 天哪 查尔斯 我真的很抱歉
The company... survives. It’s a good thing.
公♥司♥... 活下来了 这是好事
This is not a good thing. This is your life.
这不是好事 公♥司♥就是你的生命
It... It was.
是... 它曾经是
And...
然而...
maybe... maybe it’s time for a new one...
也许... 也许是时候换一种生活了...
with you and with my kids.
和你一起和孩子们一起的生活
My father’s company is still alive...
我父亲的公♥司♥还活着...
and I get to watch you help run it.
我将要看着你为之工作
But... Liza.
但是... 莉萨
I have got...
我得到了...
everything I want.
我想要的一切
I’m happy.
我很开心
Then so am I.
那 我也是
剧集 | 年轻一代(2015) | 导航列表