剧集 | 年轻一代(2015) | 导航列表
that the experts have left for dead.
那些专家任其自生自灭的公♥司♥
Not dead yet.
我们还没倒呢
At this point in my life I just wanna
现在这个阶段 我只想把钱放到
put my money where my passion is.
我的热情所在的地方
Well,
那么
obviously, I would love to hear more.
很显然 我乐意听到更多
Of course. I ask that you listen
当然 我希望你能带着一个
with an open mind.
开放的心态来听
I have a very specific strategy on how I'd like to focus
我的团队对于如何集中投放
my group's investment.
有很明确的策略
Of course.
当然
I just had a very interesting lunch with Quinn Tyler.
我刚刚和奎恩·泰勒进行了一场很有趣的午餐
She's uh... very impressed with Millennial.
她 嗯... 十分欣赏"千禧一代"
The two of you in particular.
特别是你们两个
She's pretty impressive herself.
她本身就很厉害
Yeah.
是啊
Get ready for what I’m about to tell you.
准备好听到我要告诉你们的事
She wants to make a significant
她想对公♥司♥进行一笔
capital infusion in the company
可观的资本注入
predicated on making Millennial
条件是让千禧一代
the prime driver of the company’s business.
成为公♥司♥做生意的主要动力
Oh, my God. Okay...
我的天哪 好的...
what does that mean? Uh, it means that, uh...
这是什么意思? 这意味着 嗯...
Millennial and not Empirical
我们的旗舰品牌将变成千禧一代
would become our flagship brand.
而不是经验出版社
I’m... stunned. What did you tell her?
我...太震惊了 你告诉她什么了?
Obviously I need to think about it.
很显然 我需要考虑一下
Okay, um...
好吧 嗯...
You cannot leave now.
你现在不能走
She is investing in us.
她正在我们身上做投资
No, this is all the more reason why I should leave.
不 正因为这个 我更应该离开了
I’m a ticking time bomb.
我是个定时炸♥弹♥
You both know the truth
你们都知道
that I’ve been perpetrating a fraud here.
我一直在这里经营一场骗局
You’re both part of it. You’re as liable as I am.
你们都参与其中了 你们和我一样该承担责任
If I’m not here, Quinn’s investment is clean.
如果我不在这里了 奎恩的投资就是干净的
I don’t know if I could do this without you.
我不知道没有你我能不能做成这事
Kelsey, you can.
凯尔西 你可以的
Kelsey, can I have a word with Liza?
凯尔西 我能和莉萨谈谈吗
I’ll be in my office...
我会在我的办公室里...
trying not to pass out.
试着不晕倒
You know I’m right.
你知道我说是对的
I don’t want to leave but if I take this job,
我不想走 但是如果我接受这份工作
I’ll have a career and we’ll have us.
我会有一份事业 我们就能成了
And if I stay and you take Quinn’s investment
如果我留下 你接受奎恩的投资
based on me misrepresenting myself...
而这个投资是建立在我失实的身份基础上
it’s not gonna end well.
结果不会好的
I just know it.
我就是知道
And you think that Kelsey can run Millennial without you?
你觉得凯尔西可以独自经营千禧一代吗?
I do.
我觉得可以
She’s amazing.
她很棒
And no matter what you call it, Empirical, Millennial...
而且不论被称作经验出版社还是千禧一代
at the end of the day, it’s still your company.
说到底 它还是你的公♥司♥
All right.
好吧
I’ll tell Quinn. I’m still her editor.
我会告诉奎恩 我仍然是她的编辑
I’ll tell her myself.
我会自己告诉她
So there’s no way of getting past this thing with Malkie?
所以这件事没办法和马尔基解决吗?
Well, she really wants a baby...
她真的想要一个孩子...
and I’m really high on a weeknight
而我平日夜晚也会嗨大
and happy that way.
并且乐在其中
That sucks, though. I’m sorry, Mags.
虽然那很糟 对不起 小玛
No, no, no, I’m sorry. I’m sorry that she made you
不不不 我很抱歉 我很抱歉
feel uncomfortable by asking you for your seed
她在吃甜点的时候向你要精♥子♥
over dessert. Ugh.
这让你感觉不舒服
No, honestly... I mean...
不 实际上... 我的意思是...
it was kind of flattering.
这有点让我受宠若惊
Yo, how awesome would it be to a have a little kid
有个小孩到处跑的感觉
running around here, though?
多棒啊 不是吗?
So you would do it? Well, I don’t know...
所以你会这么做? 我不知道...
I mean, for you...
我觉得 为了你...
yeah, I would have.
我会这么做
What about for Malkie?
那为了马尔基呢?
What do you mean?
你是什么意思?
Well, she asked me if you would consider it.
她问我你会不会考虑这件事
You know, for real.
你知道的 认真考虑
Okay. You don’t have to answer now,
好吧 你不用现在就回答
but...
但是...
I love everyone at Empirical, but this opportunity
我爱经验出版社的所有人 但是这个机会太好了
it was too good to pass up. They’re giving me
我不能错过 他们要给我
my own imprint. Right.
我自己的出版社 好的
Chick.
姬(基)叽
I know it sounds silly but the name grows on you.
我知道名字听上去很傻 习惯就好了
Yeah, it sounds like beach reads
是啊 它听上去像有着
with hot pink covers which is fine,
骚粉色封面的海滩读物 这没什么
it’s just not you.
但不适合你
You have a more sophisticated taste.
你有更成熟的品味
How much are they offering? It’s not about money.
他们给你多少钱? 不是钱的问题
Okay, so what is it about, because
好吧 所以问题在哪
I’m having a hard time understanding why a young woman
因为我很难理解 为什么一个先前没有经验的年轻女人
with no prior experience would leave a thriving imprint
会离开一家 她从无到有建立起来的
that she helped build from scratch
蒸蒸日上的出版社
just as it’s about to blow up
而且还是就在它要爆发的时候
and so far you haven’t given me a compelling reason.
目前为止你还没有给我一个令人信服的原因
Because I’m not a young woman.
因为我不是一个年轻女人
I lied about my age to get my job at Empirical.
我为了得到经验出版社的工作谎报了年龄
I’m in my 40s.
我四十多岁了
Oh my God.
我的天哪
Why?
为什么?
How? I needed a job.
怎么做到的? 我需要一份工作
And this was the only way that I could get one.
这是我能得到一份工作的唯一办法
But if I stay at the company, it endangers your investment.
但是如果我留在公♥司♥ 这会危及你的投资
It’s fraud and now you know.
这是个骗局 现在你知道了
The optics aren’t good.
风评不会好的
Neither are the optics of firing someone
解雇一个与年龄歧视做斗争的人
who was fighting against ageism.
风评也不会好啊
And that’s if it even comes out.
这还是建立在被揭露的假设上
It’s gonna come out.
会被揭露的
What does Chick plan to do about it?
姬(基)叽打算怎么处理?
They’re gonna bury it.
他们会隐藏这件事
I’m gonna do you one better.
我会为你做件更好的事
I’m gonna celebrate it.
我会庆祝
What? Oh, God,
什么? 哦 天啊
did you not read my book, Liza?
莉萨 你没读我的书吗?
You embody every single CLAW principle.
你简直体现了《利爪》中所有的原则
You’re gonna be talking about this on "The View"...
你将在"观点"专访和艾伦秀中谈论这个
and "Ellen." This is gonna be huge for you
这对你来说会是件大事
and for Millennial. And for your book?
对千禧一代也是 还有你的书?
What?
什么?
I didn’t even think about that.
我根本没考虑过
CLAW chapter four. "Have a great idea,
《利爪》第四章 "想出个绝妙的点子
let them think that it was theirs."
让他们认为这是他们的想法"
Ah, see? Then you already know
看到了吗? 你已经知道了
I’m not gonna let you go.
我不会放你走的
Thank you for coming.
谢谢你来
I know this is slumming for you.
我知道你就像访问贫民窟一样
Oh, on the contrary.
正好相反
So I got some big news.
我有一些大新闻
The city picked me for a special team
市里把我选进了一个污水处理工程师的特殊队伍
of sewage engineers for a really important operation.
去完成一项非常重要的工程
That’s terrific. I’m so proud of you.
那太好了 我很为你骄傲
剧集 | 年轻一代(2015) | 导航列表