Why adopt her ?
为什么要领养她
I-I was trying to protect her.
我想保护她
I knew her mother.
我认识她母亲
Do you know where she is ? Yes.
你知道她住在哪里吗 知道
We were looking for her name.
我们想查她的姓名
It's not listed on the girls' birth records.
可是出生证明上没有
Why would you want it ?
你们为什么想知道
The other two girls may be in danger.
其他的女孩也许有危险
We're hoping that she might be able to help us find them.
我们希望她可以帮助 我们去找到她们
Their mother died in childbirth.
母亲是生孩子时死的
Can you give us a name ?
可以给我们名字吗
When I was a priest in the roman church,
我成立自己的教会前
Before I founded my own, I was her confessor.
原来是天主教的神父 我是她的告解者
Divulging her name would violate the code of my faith.
告诉你们她的名字 是违反教义的
And yours, I see.
我看到你也是信教的
You said you wanted to protect paula. From what ?
你说你要保护宝拉 有什么会危害她
Whatever your intentions,
不管你们有什么意图
Your secular prejudices blind
你们世俗的偏见
you from seeing what's really happening here.
使你们无法看清事实
Two girls are dead, not by the hand of man.
这两个女孩不是被人杀死的
Unless you accept the truth of god's teachings...
除非你们接受上帝的教诲
that there is a struggle
所有的灵魂都要经历
between good and evil for all souls...
善与恶的斗争
and that we are losing that struggle,
而且我们都战败了
you're but fools rushing in.
你们太急了
You put your own lives in danger,
你们不只是危害自己
As well as the lives of the messengers.
也危害到使者
I have nothing more to say.
我没有话要说了
I brought
我让
agent mulder on the case to help temper my feelings;
穆德探员参与
To keep them from clouding my judgment.
是来控制我的感受
I wouldn't admit it to him, but...
免得我不客观
as we stood there, I felt as
我不愿意向他承认
if father gregory were
可是我认为格里高利神父
speaking directly to me...
是直接对我说的
in a language only I could understand.
那是只有我才能了解的语言
the messengers.
使者吗
Yes.
是的
I know people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones,
我不想打击他
Blah, blah, blah, but that guy is paranoid.
但他太偏执了 全是废话
I think you're a little
穆德
extreme in your judgment, don't you, mulder ?
你会不会太主观了一点 什么灵魂的斗争
All that crap about the
我们在里面所看到的书籍
fight for all souls, the literature we saw,
所有我们在里面看到听到的
The performance we just witnessed, it all fits.
完全契合
He thinks he's doing god's laundry.
他认为自己是帮上帝洗衣服的
Well, he said this wasn't done by the hand of man.
他说凶手不是人
You think he believes that too ?
你也相信这一点吗
If he does, he's even more dangerous than he appears.
如果他相信 就更危险了
Even if he's not your killer, he is hiding something.
就算他不是杀手 他也有所隐瞒
What ? He says he knew the mother,
什么 他说认识母亲
but he won't give up her name.
可是不说出名字
Maybe she's still alive.
也许她还活着
I think you have enough to bring
我想有足够的证据可以
him in for questioning, if not make an arrest.
请他来局里问话了
But, basically, you're
基本上
ruling out any element of the supernatural.
你不认为这是超自然事件
What do you mean ?
这是什么意思
Well, dara kernof was baptized on the day of her death.
达拉是受洗那天死的
She was sanctified by the ritual sacrament,
她因为仪式
submerged in the spirit.
与圣灵结为一体
And why would god allow this to happen ?
上帝为什么要让这种事发生
Why do bad things happen to good people ?
好人为什么没好报
Religion has masqueraded
历史上
as the paranormal since the dawn of time...
人类就利用宗教来掩饰
to justify some of the most horrible acts in history.
最可怕的罪行
I was raised to believe
根据我的理解
that god has his reasons, however mysterious.
上帝总是有理由的 无论多神秘
He may have his reasons, but
祂也许有祂的理由
seems to use psychotics to carry out his job orders.
但是它好像总是找一些 神经病帮他做事
You wanna find who did this ?
你要找出凶手吗
I suggest you autopsy the body before it's interred;
我建议你赶快去为宝拉验尸
Before the man who killed her has a chance to find her sisters.
赶在杀害她的凶手 找到她的姐妹之前
the victim is paula koklos,
死者是宝拉
Age 16, cause of death unknown.
十六岁 死因不明
I'll begin with the external examination.
我先从外观开始检查
Victim has signs of congenital physical defects,
死者有相当多的残障
Including four supernumerary digits.
其中包括多肢
The only
唯一
indications of external trauma are the burning,
外伤就是
By means unknown, of both globes of the eyes.
眼球不明的灼伤
I'm noting something on the shoulder,
我发现肩膀上有异物
A bony process of some kind, possibly a tumorous mass.
类似骨质增生 有可能是肿瘤
No indication of surgical procedure.
没有动过手术的迹象
The mass appears on both the right and left clavicle.
这个异物在左右肩上都有
Oh, god.
我的天
Mommy ?
妈咪
Mommy, please.
妈咪 求求你
I told myself that it was all in my head,
我告诉自己这完全是我的想像
A hallucination brought
因为我对案子投入感情
on by my emotional connection to the case.
我所看到的幻觉
That would seem to be a reasonable explanation.
这是很合理的解释
But that's not what it was, father.
不是的 神父
I was meant to see emily...
我看到艾蜜莉
for a purpose.
是有原因的
Which was ?
什么原因
To save these girls.
我要救这些女孩
hey, scully, it's me.
史考莉 是我
I did a little more digging
我又去调查
on those adoption records. What do you mean ?
领养档案了 这是什么意思
I think I got a lead on that third sister.
我好像找到第三个姐妹的线索了
Where ? She was under county care ten years ago.
在哪里 她十年前受到郡政♥府♥照顾
Apparently, she wandered into a
她上周跑到了
teen crisis center here in d.C. Last week homeless.
华盛顿的救难中心 她无家可归
That guy over at social services, starkey,
那个社工史塔基
He's helping me canvass the area.
正在帮助我调查
If she shares anything with her sisters,
穆德 如果她和自己的姐妹一样
she wouldn't be walking anywhere far.
她不可能走太远
What did you find ?
你有什么发现
There's evidence of a degenerative bone disease.
她似乎生了先天性的骨骼疾病
And I know you're gonna think that I'm crazy,
我知道你会认为我疯了
But I swear I found evidence of something winglike.
可是我发现我好像找到 类似翅膀的东西
Well, then maybe she flew here, scully.
也许她是飞来的
Mulder, there's something else.
穆德 还有别的
Hold that thought and tell
等一下你见到我们的时候
it to me and father gregory when you see us.
可以告诉我和格里高利神父
Stop right there ! Move into the light !
不许动 站到亮光处
Move into the light ! Hands where I can see 'em !
站到亮光处 手举起来
We're too late.
我们迟了一步
Where's the girl ? She's dead.
那个女孩在哪里 她死了
Where is she ? In there.
在哪里 里面
what are you asking for, father ?
神父 你要求什么
Mercy or forgiveness ?
求宽恕吗
You know, they say when you talk to god, it's prayer,
他们说 人和上帝说话时 是祷告
But when god talks to you, it's schizophrenia.
上帝和人说话时 就是神经病
What is your god telling you, father ?
上帝告诉你什么
I pray for the girls' souls.
我为了女孩的灵魂祷告
You pray for their souls now. That's convenient.
现在为她们祷告 真方便
I'm immune to your mockery.
我才不管你的讽刺
You're not interested in the truth.
你对真♥相♥又没有兴趣
剧集 | X档案(1993) | 导航列表