Before the exploration of space, of the moon and planets,
在人类探索太空 登月之前
man held that the heavens
人类一直认为
were the home and province of powerful gods,
太空是神明的故乡
who controlled not just the vast firmament,
它们不只控制万物
but the earthly fate of man himself,
也控制了人类的命运
and that the pantheon of powerful warring deities
而人类各种悲惨命运的
was the cause or reason for the human condition,
来源就是神明的斗争
for the past and the future,
过去与未来
and for which great monuments
在地球上与天堂
would be created, an earth as in heaven.
都建立了 伟大的神迹
But in time man replaced
可是人类用
these gods with new gods and new religions
新的神明与宗教取代了这些神明
that provided no more certain answers
却没有提供了
than those worshiped by his Greek or Roman or Egyptian ancestors.
比希腊罗马埃及先辈所信仰的提供更多答案
And while we've chosen now our monolithic and benevolent gods
当我们已经选择了一体和仁慈的上帝的时候
and found our certainties in science,
也确定了科学的地位
believers all, we wait for a sign, a revelation.
我们这些信徒还在等等一个启示
Our eyes turn Skyward, ready to accept the truly incredible,
我们凝视太空时 随时接受不可思议的出现
To find our destiny written in the stars.
发现星星代表我们的命运
But how do we best look to see? With new eyes or old?
要怎样看才最清楚 用新的眼光还是老的呢
Mama! Papa!
妈妈 爸爸
Papa!
爸爸
Da.
是的
Too bad for you.
真遗憾
It's like the flesh is cooked...
肉体好像已经烧焦了
all the way through.
全都这样
Your authority isn't recognized here. Only your lies.
我们这里不承认你的权力 只有你们的谎言
These are UN peace keepers. This is a mission of mercy.
这是联♥合♥国♥和平部队 这是一次和平任务
This is a mission of fear.
散布恐怖
Yours and the men you work for. I don't know what you're talking about.
是你们这次的任务 我不知道你在说什么
You go back and you tell
你回去告诉他们
them what you've seen here, what you've found.
你的发现以及你所看到的
My name is Marita Covarrubias.
我是玛莉塔·科瓦卢比
I am a special representative to the United Nations.
联♥合♥国♥秘♥书♥长♥的 特别代表
I know who you are. I know who you work for.
我知道你是谁 为谁工作
You go back and tell them...
你回去告诉他们
Tell them what? What happened here?
告诉他们什么 这里发生的事
Tell them it's all going to hell.
告诉他们下地狱
Does the boy know?
那个男孩知道吗
Did he see? You tell them to kiss my American ass.
他有没有看到 你叫他们都去死
During my last several abductions,
我前几次被绑♥架♥的时候
I have experienced no fear whatsoever.
我完全没有感受到恐怖
It was the absence of fear that allowed me
以为没有恐怖
to communicate with them, and them with me.
我们才能彼此沟通
They've told me that I am an apostle,
他们告诉我 我是名使徒
here to spread the word of a
前来散布
dawning of a new age of supernatural enlightenment.
新世纪来临的宣言
Sensibly, it's not a question of truth versus fiction,
重点不是真♥相♥与科幻
but of truths which are incomprehensible,
而是我们无法理解的真♥相♥
because we have no physics,
没有任何的理论
no real language for explaining Patient X's story,
语言 可以解释X病人的故事
much less the existence of extraterrestrials.
更无法解释外星人的存在
Nothing to prepare us for the
我们更没有准备好去
ontological shock that is bound to follow...
面对这种本体论的突破
We quibble and we jaw about the need for proof, for evidence,
我们常常会争吵 我们需要证据
as if it would serve some purpose,
我们好像认为这是有意义的
as if it would make a difference,
似乎会有什么改变
when what we should be seeking
我们应该做的事情
is exactly what this woman is describing.
正是这位女士所说的
Not if they are here, but why,
不是去问 如果他们来了 而是为什么
and what their business is,
他们有什么目的
In my conversations with her,
我与她的交谈内容中显示
she believes this business the abductions and the experiments
她认为 这些绑♥架♥以及实验
are due to their plans for us.
都是他们计划中的一部分
We are not simply breeding cows for them, as some have suggested,
我们不只是他们的繁殖种牛 而是他们的子民
but subjects, much like we think of our relationship with God.
子民 类似我们与神的关系
There are sites - what she calls
有些地方 她提到所谓的
lighthouses - around which will be great activity.
灯塔的地方会有相当多的活动
All this conjecture, the ontological shock you speak of,
这些猜测 你所提到的本体论上的突破
for which we're so ill-equipped,
我们好像没有准备好
is in my opinion not only false but dangerous. This woman...
我 认为这种说词很危险 这位妇人
This woman presents no good or credible testimony
这位妇人没有给我们 可信的证词
apart from her feel-good message.
只是给我们一些安抚人心的讯息
You think she's lying? No.
你认为她在说谎吗 没有
I don't think she's lying. I think...
我不认为她在说谎 我认为
that if you prepare people enough to believe a lie,
如果你们让人们去相信这是个谎言
they will believe it as if it were true.
他们就会把这个当做是事实
If you tell them a really big lie, like
如果告诉人们一个很大的谎言 比如说
"There are aliens from outer space", they will believe it.
有外星人 他们更容易去相信
And if you suggest that
如果告诉他们
these aliens are doing bad things to them,
外星人正是危害他们
this suggestion will make certain people believe
这种暗示的力量 会让人们去相信
that certain psychopathologies and neuroses
他们患上的精神机能障碍 和神经衰弱症
they suffer from can be attributed to that.
是因为外星人造成的
Mr Mulder... Agent Mulder, she has physical ailments.
穆德探员 她真的生病了
Are you discounting any
你是不是
belief in the existence of extraterrestrials?
不相信外星人的存在
No, I just question mindless belief.
我只是质疑这种盲目的相信
But you've cited evidence, made claims yourself.
你也提出过证据 自己也曾经宣称过
What I have seen, I've seen because I wanted to believe. I...
我所看到的是因为我想要相信
If you look too hard, you can go mad.
太努力的去找寻 可能会让你发疯
But if you continue to look,
但继续的找寻
you become liberated and you come awake, as if from a dream,
就会使自己解放会觉醒 好像是从梦中醒来
realizing that the lies simply protect what they're advertising:
了解这些谎言只是为了保护他们所宣称的事实
a government which knows that its
政♥府♥知道他们的
greatest strength is not in defense, but in attack.
能力 在于攻击而不是防卫
It's strongly held by believers in UFO phenomena
相信飞碟现象的人们都坚信
that there is military complicity in abductions.
都牵涉着军事阴谋 和绑♥架♥事件
But what if there is no complicity?
如果没有阴谋的话呢
What if there is simply just the military seeking to develop
如果只是军方想要 发展一些武器呢
an arsenal of weapons against which there is no defense?
发展一些无法防卫的武器
Biological warfare, which justifies in their eyes
为发展生化武器 让他们
making an ass out of the nation with stories of little green men.
编织出外星人的故事 去欺骗整个国家
A conspiracy, wrapped in a plot, inside a government agenda.
这个阴谋根本就是 政♥府♥制♥造♥的骗局
Dr Werber?
韦伯医生
It's been some time. Almost five years.
好久不见了 快5年了
I came down expecting to hear how your work had progressed.
我本来期待会听到 你工作的进展
I'm surprised, to say the least.
我非常的意外
A lot has changed.
事情有很多的变化
You've abandoned something you believed so completely,
你似乎已经完全放弃了 自己相信的东西
in spite of what I know about you from our work,
我所认识的你 我们一起的努力
the memories I helped you
我帮你重建
recover about the experience with your sister.
有关你妹妹的回忆
Well, I've come to distrust a lot of things.
我不相信很多事情
I've come to distrust those memories.
我不相信那些记忆
I'm sorry. For what?
对不起 为什么
I've taken a lot of criticism for
我与飞碟绑♥架♥受害者工作
my work with alien abductees, and in the field itself.
使我受到很多批评
The regression hypnosis work i did with you
我对你所做的催眠治疗
No, I'm not questioning your methods,Dr Werber.
我不是怀疑你的方法 韦伯医生
I'm questioning myself,
我只是怀疑我自己
how I was led to believe through
我怎么被骗了 因为精心设计
elaborate staging that my sister had been abducted.
让我相信 我的妹妹被绑♥架♥了
A man with faith can indulge in scepticism...
一个有信仰的人是可以怀疑的
You don't understand.
你好像不了解
There's just too much evidence that it's all a lie.
有太多的证据显示 这一切都是谎言
The conspiracy is not to hide the existence of extraterrestrials.
这个阴谋不是要去 隐瞒外星人的存在
It's to make people believe
这是为了要使人们相信一切
in it so completely that they question nothing.
而是让他们不去质疑
So you and I have just been advocates of insanity all along?
所以你和我一直 都是疯狂理论的拥护者
剧集 | X档案(1993) | 导航列表