剧集 | 都铎王朝(2007) | 导航列表
只要宣誓 你会获得自♥由♥
Just say it; and your body will be saved.
但我要出♥卖♥♥♥灵魂才能获得自♥由♥
But the saving of my body,will be at the expense of my soul.
-不是! -是的
-No! -Yes.
不是的 我们都不相信那些话
No. None of us believes that.
父亲 求你
Father,please.
求你...
Please...
看在你爱我们的份上
For the love I know you bear us,
别这么做
don't do this to us.
大臣阁下
Mr. Secretary...
理查德·瑞奇爵士
Sir Richard Rich.
理查德爵士...
Sir Richard...
很高兴能见到你
I'm very pleased to see you.
我给你个事儿做
I have a job for you.
为什么?
Why?
为什么他就不能像别人一样?
Why can he not be like others?
他为什么要和我对着干?
Why does he have to cross me?
为什么他比国王还要自负?
Why can his vanity be greater than a king's?
这困扰着我
It troubles me.
它占据着我的意识
It ways on my conscience and my heart
我的心又劳累又悲伤
is full and heavy and sore.
我只对你说这些 只对你坦白这些
I say this only to you. I confess only to you.
我欣赏他
I love him.
也憎恶他
And I hate him.
矛盾充斥心扉
I hate in equal measure to my love,
因为他否定我
for he is the spirit that denies.
这取决与您的裁决
It is up to you to judge,
他到底会不会使我良心难安!
whether or not,he be on my conscience!
理查德爵士
Sir Richard.
日安
Good day to you.
我看我的牢房♥快成了律师会面室
I see my cell is fast becoming the place for lawyers to meet.
对不起... 托马斯
I am afraid,Thomas,
我很不情愿的奉命来此
that I come here most unwillingly for I am ordered to
没收你的所有书籍和纸张
deprive you of all your books and papers...
诸如此类
and suchlike.
真可惜
That is a pity.
既然 你奉命前来 我想
Still,if you are ordered to,I suppose,
我想别无选择
then I suppose there is no other way.
你最好开始吧
You had best get started.
能问个问题吗 托马斯
May I ask you a question,Thomas?
只能是假设性的问题 理查德
Only if it's a hypothetical one,Richard.
-那样比较好 -假设
-It's better that way. -Suppose,then,
国会颁布了一项法令
that Parliament enacted a bill
宣布我 理查德·瑞奇为国王
to say that I,Richard Rich,was King,
否认的人将视为叛国者
and that it would be treason to deny it...
你会接受我为国王吗
...would you accept me as King?
会
Yes.
但是让我用另一个假设来回答
But let me counter with another hypothetical case:
假设国会颁布法案宣布
suppose Parliament enacted that
上帝不存在
God's not God,
不承认即视为叛国者
and to oppose the act would be treason,
你会承认上帝不存在吗
would you say that God was not God?
不会 因为国会无法制定这样的法律
No. Since no parliament can make any such law.
他们没有资格决定上帝是否存在
It has no competence to decide on the existence of God.
国会也就没有资格决定国王
And no more can Parliament make the King
能否成为教会的最高领袖!
Supreme Head of the Church!
那好 托马斯
There,Thomas.
我想我的差事做完了
I think my work here is done.
王后陛下 国王驾到
Your Majesty,the King is here.
我的夫人
My Lady.
来这边
Come here.
你对我是否还有激♥情♥?
Do you still have a passion for me?
是的 亲爱的
I do,sweetheart.
我爱你
I love you.
现在 别哭了
There now. Don't weep.
别哭泣 我心爱的女人
Don't weep,my own darling.
会好的
It's all right.
一切都会好的
Everything is going to be all right.
威斯敏斯特
Westminster
托马斯·莫尔爵士 你将在这个委员会前
-Sir Thomas More,you are arraigned before this commission
以叛国罪名接受公诉
on charges of high treason.
你对此项指控如何回答?
How do you answer the charges?
首先我要否认
Let me begin by denying
我从未恶意反对
that I ever maliciously opposed
国王与安妮·波林的婚姻
the King's marriage to Anne Boleyn.
我从未对此发表恶意言论
I have never spoken maliciously against it...
有且也仅限于我的想法
but only sometimes according to my mind,
意见与良知
opinion and my conscience...
并因此遭受痛苦
and have suffered as a result.
但你恶意否认了《至尊法案》
But you have maliciously denied the Act of Supremacy!
不 我一直对此沉默
No. I have been silent upon it.
对我的缄默而言 不管是你们的法律
And for all my taciturnity neither your law
还是世上任何一部法律
nor any law in the world is
都无法因此公正合法的问刑于我
able, justly and rightly, to condemn me,
除非你有我确凿的
unless you may also lay to my charge
语言或行为
either some word or some deed.
你的沉默也可视为一种行为
Your silence can easily be construed as an action.
即使在此情形下
Ah,but even in that case,
沉默的约定俗成定义
the presumption that silence gives consent
恰恰能让对我的指控无效
precludes the charge against me:
沉默 即为默许(拉丁语 古典律条)
"Qui tacet,consentire videtur."
对指控
What of the charge that,
你与费施尔主教同谋谋反的罪名有何回应?
you conspired in prison with Bishop Fisher a convicted traitor?
我在狱中从未见过他
I never met him in prison.
我和他的仆人也只有只言片语
I only talked a little with his servant
家常话或勉励而已
about familiar things and recommendations,
因为我们相识已久
such as were seemly to our long acquaintance.
我们回到你假定沉默
We go back to your supposed silence
与《至尊法案》的指控上来
on the Act of Supremacy.
我们认为你就此的确发表过言论
We think you have in fact spoken about it.
我们有目击证人
And we have a witness.
传副总检察长
Call the solicitor general.
传理查德·瑞奇先生
Call,Mr. Richard Rich.
理查德 你已立誓
Richard,you are under oath.
你能否坦诚的告诉本委员会
Do you tell this commission,truthfully,
-被告到底对你说过什么? -是的 大人
what the accused said to you on this matter. -Yes,sirs.
我们都同意国会不能
We agreed that Parliament might not make
制定否认上帝存在的法律
any such law that God was not God.
就此事托马斯爵士说道
To which Sir Thomas said:
"国会也同样不能确立
"No more could Parliament make
国王为教会的最高领袖"
the king Supreme Head of the Church."
这么说他恶意否认了国王的权威?
So he maliciously denied the King's authority?
-这些是原话? -是的 大人
In those words? -Yes,sir.
字字属实
In those exact words.
我将负责本委员会相应裁决
Then I will charge this commission to return a true verdict.
我请诸位大人一起裁定是否托马斯·莫尔爵士
I ask you,good sirs,to determine whether Sir Thomas More
在与理查德·瑞奇爵士
did converse with Sir Richard Rich
的对话中发表了主张性的言论
in the manner alleged?
你们也认为他有罪吗
You do so find him guilty?
既然如此 我将对犯人进行宣判
Then I will proceed in judgement against the prisoner.
法官大人 当我做律师时
My Lord,when I was a lawyer,
法庭惯例是在判决前
the convention was to ask the prisoner
先由犯人
before judgement was given,
为自己做最后的辩护
why judgement should not be given against him.
那么好吧 你可为自己辩护
What,then,are you able to say to the contrary?
谢谢
Thank you.
依我之见
To my view,
这项控告
this indictment is
是基于一项直接对立
grounded upon an act of Parliament
于上帝律法和其神圣教会的法案
directly repugnant to the laws of God and His Holy Church,
其最高领袖地位不可
the supreme governance of which
剧集 | 都铎王朝(2007) | 导航列表