剧集 | 美国谍梦(2013) | 导航列表
that could resist pests, drought, fungi,
能够抵御害虫 干旱 真菌
the poorest people in the world could feed themselves,
那么哪怕是世界上最穷的人也能吃饱了
even in third-world countries
哪怕是第三世界国家
or under the worst dictatorships.
或者最糟糕的专♥制♥国家的人
You see, famines cause wars.
饥荒会带来战争
You know, a single pest can cause mass starvation.
一个小小的害虫就能导致大规模的饥荒
You're a real idealist.
你真是个理想主义者
No, I'm -- I'm a realist.
不 我是 我是个现实主义者
We -- We need to develop crops
我们 我们需要种植出
that can withstand almost anything.
能够抵御一切的作物
How are you gonna do that?
那你要怎么做
Well, we, uh -- we take the strongest wheat plants
我们 我们用世界上最好的
from around the world, we cross-breed them,
小麦植株做品种杂交
then we get the most destructive pests we can find,
再用能找到的破坏力最强的害虫
test the new plants, and breed again.
检测新型杂交种 再继续杂交
And we're -- we're making a lot of progress,
进行的非常顺利
and we're close to developing
很快就能培育出
the strongest strain of wheat the world's ever known.
世界上最优良的麦种
And you...
那你...
When you have it...
等你培育出来...
Well, I mean, I-I work for a company, and they sell it.
我为一个公♥司♥工作 由公♥司♥来销♥售♥
But it would make food supplies cheap
但这将拉低食品成♥本♥价♥
and reliable around the world everywhere -- in Africa, Asia,
并能供应给全世界 非洲 亚洲
places where people suffer through cycles of famine.
那些还遭受着饥荒的地方
I mean, it might never happen again.
也许永远不会再有饥荒
Old patterns, between parents and children
过去的模式 父母和子女间
create barriers that keep us from seeing what's really there.
有一道蒙蔽了我们双眼的屏障
And what is really there?
蒙蔽了什么呢
Love.
爱
It's all around us.
爱无处不在
But because we can't see it, can't experience it,
但因为我们看不到摸不着
it seems like it must be very far away.
显得爱离我们很远
You can't experience the love your parents have for you
你摸不到你的父母对你的爱
or you for your children, when old habits
或者你对你的子女的爱 因为旧有观念
and belief systems -- all the things
和信仰体系 以及一切
your mind is telling you about who they are,
围绕着他们是什么 你又是谁
who you are -- stand in the way.
这些问题的东西在阻碍你
I am not who you were expecting, I know.
你在等的不是我 我知道
No Russian. Not here.
不要在这里说俄语
Do you speak English?
你会说英语吗
Little.
一点点
I will take you someplace where we can talk.
我带你去个好说话的地方
You understand?
你明白吗
I want see father.
我要见我父亲
Yes.
好
You come with me.
跟我走
I will explain everything. No.
我会把一切都跟你解释清楚 不
It's impossible.
不可能
Why?
为什么
It would put him in terrible danger.
这会让他陷入危险
It is not safe for him.
这对他来说不安全
But I come for him.
但我是来找他的
You understand?
你明白吗
I do.
我明白
It must be very hard,
这肯定不容易
but if you love him, you must forget this.
但如果你爱他 就必须忘记这事
You cannot see him.
你不能见他
Forget father? No.
忘记我父亲吗 不是
Not here.
不是心里忘记他
I will get you home.
我送你回家
You will be safe.
你会安全的
But you cannot see your father here.
但你不能见你父亲
Maybe someday, but not here.
也许将来哪天可以 但现在不行
Hello?
有人吗
Where are they?
他们人呢
Paige is at a church thing.
佩姬去参加教堂活动了
At the food pantry? No.
在食品救济站 不是
Um, Henry's studying at Chris' house.
亨利在克里斯家学习
Oh, a boy Chris or a girl Chris?
克里斯是男孩还是女孩
You got me.
你把我问住了
We got it wrong.
我们搞错了
Stobert isn't looking to poison us or our food.
斯托伯特不是要毒害我们 或在食物里下毒
He wants to save people.
他是想拯救人类
From what?
从哪里救出来
Pests, drought, whatever.
害虫 干旱 诸如此类
He wants to develop a wheat that can grow anywhere.
他想研发出一种能在所有环境下生长的小麦
He wants to feed the world.
他想养活全世界的人
So, the bugs in the lab
所以实验室里的虫子
were there to test the crops for resistance,
是为了测试农作物的抗性
to make sure they could survive anything.
确保它们在任何条件下都能存活
He told you?
他告诉你的吗
Yeah.
是的
You believe him?
你相信他吗
Yes.
是的
He wants to end hunger.
他想要消除饥饿
So, the guy in the lab, the one we...
所以实验室里那个人 那个我们...
We didn't know.
我们之前不了解情况
I told Tuan, um...
我告诉徒安...
Yeah, I got to get there.
我得去那一趟
Pasha says his mother got the job.
帕夏说他妈妈找到工作了
When does she start?
她什么时候开始工作
Next week.
下周
Will you guys be here this weekend?
你们这周末能来吗
No.
不能
Pasha will come by.
帕夏会过来
It would be good for at least one of you to be here.
哪怕你们中来一个人也好
Sorry, we can't.
抱歉 我们不能来
You do very well by yourself.
你一个人做的非常好
I know, but it looks better.
是的 但是你们在的话看起来更好
You okay?
你还好吗
Yeah. I'm -- Yeah, I'm fine.
是的 我还好
I mean, I've been better.
我已经好多了
I'm fine.
我没事
Everybody's here.
都来了
Yeah.
是的
I'm gonna head upstairs.
我上楼了
That guy in the lab...
实验室里那个人...
That can't happen ever again.
再也不能发生这种事了
We'll be more careful.
我们会更加小心的
More careful?
更加小心
This has been hard for me for a long time.
这件事情让我为难了很长时间
You know that, right?
你知道的 对吗
I do.
我知道
Look... when we know this kind of thing is coming up...
听着 当我们知道发生这种事...
maybe it can just be me.
也许我知道就可以了
No, no.
不 不
It's us, Elizabeth.
是我们 伊丽莎白
It's us.
是我们
剧集 | 美国谍梦(2013) | 导航列表