剧集 | 再造淑女(2014) | 导航列表
but I have a lot of work to do.
但我工作很忙
She also told me how passionately you feel
她还告诉我 你非常看重
about the importance of role models.
楷模的作用
And who needs a role model more than a hypertense 10-year-old
还有谁比一个家中没有男人 又有睡眠窒息症的
with sleep apnea and no male presence?
十岁男孩 更需要楷模呢
Okay. Fine. Fine. I will teach him a few things.
好吧 好吧 我会教他一两手
But this will not be an everyday occurrence.
但不能每天都教
Okay, I gotcha. I gotcha.
好的 我明白了
Just once in a blue moon... like his real father.
就破天荒地来一次... 跟他的亲生父亲一样
Don't put that on me, Charmonique!
别这么说我 夏莫妮卡
It is what it is.
事实就是如此
I was beginning to give up hope of ever finding a role model,
我已经开始放弃找到楷模的希望
until I remembered I did use to have one --
忽然想起 我以前的确有过一个楷模
Alpha bitch...
头等绿茶婊
Corynn McWatters.
科琳·麦克沃特斯
Back in the day,
当时
Corynn was smoking hot and insanely popular.
科琳美丽火♥辣♥ 万人迷
But judging by lindsay lohan, Debbie Gibson,
但从林赛·罗韩 黛比·吉布森
and J.T.T.,
和乔纳森·泰勒·托马斯的经验来看
Teenage popularity does not age well.
年少时受欢迎 长大了可都不咋地
And I was guessing Corynn would be no different.
我猜科琳也难逃这样的局面
Oh, my god! She's...
天呐 她...
Not exactly what I had in mind.
跟我想的不一样
But why? Why?
可是为什么 为什么
Look. Look.
你看 你看
She renovated a farmhouse in Provence
她在普罗旺斯翻修了一座农家小屋
with her award-winning nature photographer husband.
老公是获奖的自然摄影师
She's got two adorable kids who model part-time for J.Crew.
两个孩子超可爱 还兼♥职♥给连卡佛当模特
She's friends with the Barefoot Contessa.
她和赤足天使是朋友
And oh, my god. She knows how to make mussels. Mussels, Henry.
而且 天啊 她还会做扇贝 扇贝啊 亨利
Is it really that hard to make mussels?
做扇贝有那么难吗
Don't you just boil them?
煮煮不就完了么
If it's so easy, why don't you make some?
如果这么容易 你怎么不做
Hmm? Go ahead. Where they at?
快啊 在哪呢
Where the mussels at, Henry? Huh? Huh?
扇贝在哪呢 亨利
Where the mussels at?
扇贝在哪呢
Eliza, this person terrorized you in middle school,
伊莉莎 你在中学很害怕这个人
elected you "Most butt,"
她把你选成"最丑霉女"
and, in your own words, "Made you feel more disgusting
用你的原话说 让你觉得自己
than Mary-Kate's old french boyfriend."
比玛丽·凯特的法国老男友还恶心
I'm sorry. I just don't think
不好意思 我觉得
Corynn McWatters is the right role model for you.
科琳·麦克沃特斯不适合当你的楷模
The old Corynn wasn't. But look, look, look, look, look.
以前的她不是 但是你看啊
Not only is she a published author,
现在她不仅是个作家
but she also has a goldendoodle named Hugh Dancy,
而且还养了一只金毛贵妇 名叫休小舞
and I want a goldendoodle named Hugh Dancy.
我也想养一只名叫休小舞的金毛贵妇
Oh, my god! Oh, look at Hugh Dancy.
天啊 快看休小舞
Who's a good Hugh Dancy? Who's a good, good Hugh Dancy?
乖不乖啊休小舞 乖不乖啊
All right, let's get a hold of ourselves.
好吧 咱俩都自控一下
Her instagram feed is curated within an inch of its life.
她的Ins只是她生活的一部分
You of all people should know how easy it is to fake perfection.
你应该最清楚 假装完美很容易
Yes, except she's not faking. I checked.
是的 可是她不是假装 我查过了
No heavy filter usage.
没有用过重滤镜
No suss cropping -- this is a low angle.
也没有四十五度角 这是低角度
If she had chins, we'd be seeing them.
如果她有双下巴 我们会看到的
Isn't there some chin removing app that you're unaware of?
是不是有什么你不知道的去双下巴应用
Um, hello. Eliza Dooley.
你好 我是伊莉莎·杜丽
It's a pleasure to meet you.
很高兴认识你
There are no apps I am unaware of.
我对手♥机♥应用无所不知
Who do you think you're talking to, Henry?
你以为我是谁啊 亨利
Some newborn instagram baby?
Ins上的新生儿吗
Look, Corynn is having a book reading tonight.
科琳今晚有个读书会
Just come with me and see for yourself.
跟我一起去 亲眼看看吧
You think Hugh Dancy will be there?
你觉得休小舞会去吗
When you take a surf lesson,
学习冲浪时
you don't just jump right in the ocean, do you?
你不会直接跳到海里 对吧
No. You don't.
不 不会
Hey, hey! Henry, do not yell at him.
嘿 亨利 别吼他
His blood pressure.
他血压受不了
I wasn't yelling. I was just trying to make a p--
我没有吼 我是要说明...
Let's move on.
咱们继续
Now when approaching a skateboard,
接近滑板时
one must always be mindful --
必须要明白
Yes, Kevin? What is it?
凯文 有什么问题
I have no agilities.
我不够敏捷
That's true. He doesn't.
没错 他确实不敏捷
Fortunately, one needn't be agile to skate.
幸运的是 不用身手矫健也能玩滑板
However, one must be knowledgeable.
但是 你必须要有足够的知识
So we begin in 1972.
咱们从1972年说起
A man by the name of Frank Nasworthy
一个名叫弗兰克·纳斯沃西的男子
has just invented the polyurethane wheel...
刚刚发明了聚氨酯轮...
...under the crushing grip of the infamous plywood lobby,
在臭名昭著的胶合板大厅的掌控之下...
which brings us to 1951.
这就要说到1951年
1951?! We moving backwards?
1951年 怎么还倒♥退♥了
Boards were plentiful, sure.
当时的木板很多
But none with wheels.
但都没有轮子
Do you mind? We're in the middle of a lesson.
让让好吗 我们这上课呢
A lesson about what?
上什么课
About skateboarding.
滑板课
You want a lesson from a non-poseur?
你想跟真把式学滑板吗
Come by the skate park. No doubt.
来滑板公园吧 没问题
Non-poseur?
真把式
Who is a...are you s--
谁是假... 你是说...
Henry wasn't the only one confronting a childhood insecurity.
并不是只有亨利在面对孩童时代的不安
I was about to meet mine at her book signing.
我也要在她的签售会上见到我儿时的克星
And even though Corynn wasn't the perfect role model,
虽然科琳不是完美的楷模
She had to be better than that slut.
她也肯定比那个贱♥人♥要好多了
If she had work done -- and I'm not saying she did --
如果她要是整过 我不是说她真的整过
you can bet your ass it was some top-shelf new-new
肯定是用了最新的技术
probably done in dubai.
估计是在迪拜整的
Enchante, everyone.
各位好
Thank you so much for being here.
感谢大家来到这里
This book,
这本书
"La bonne table: recipes, memories, et moi,"
美味餐桌:烹饪 记忆及我
was a real labor of love for me --
我个人真的非常有幸写作
emphasis on the labor.
重点在"有幸"上
Corynn.
科琳啊
A lot of the inspiration for the book
写作这本书的很多灵感
came from my childhood.
都来自于我童年的经历
I grew up with her.
我跟她一起长大的
Not that it was easy.
我的童年真的很不易
I was a total nerd.
当时我就是个书呆子
No friends.
身边没有朋友
The kids at school even voted me "Most butt."
同学甚至投票推选我为"最丑霉女"
What?!
什么
I was "Most butt"! She was "Most popular"!
我才是最丑霉女 她是最受欢迎的
Once had a sleepover.
有次我去别人家过夜
The popular girls cut off my hair.
那些受欢迎的孩子把我的头发剪了
You! Oh! I cried and cried.
你个贱♥人♥ 我伤心地哭啊哭
The only thing that could comfort me
当时唯一可以安慰我的
was my maman's French onion soup.
就是我妈妈做的法式洋葱汤
Page 29.
在29页上
That was my story. Cook onion...
那明明是我的故事 要做洋葱...
Expect for the soup part.
除了她说的什么汤的部分
As I recall, I pity-binged on SnackWell's and Crystal Pepsi.
我还记得我是借饼干和可乐消愁的
But other than that, can you believe this?!
但是除此之外 你能相信吗
Huh?! That bitch stole my life!
那个贱♥人♥竟然偷用我的故事
Merci. Merci beaucoup.
谢谢 非常感谢大家
And now I'd like to open it up for all of your questions.
现在大家有什么问题尽管问吧
Ms. McWatters,
麦克沃特斯太太
剧集 | 再造淑女(2014) | 导航列表