剧集 | 火星生活(2006) | 导航列表
I tried to stop her struggling and I... I killed her. I did it.
我想阻止她挣扎 然后我 我杀了她 是我做的
So you can arrest me and you can... you can free Graham Bathurst.
所以你们可以把我抓起来 然后 你们就能放了Graham Bathurst
Why can't I do this?
为什么我不能这样做
If I confess, he'll let them go.
如果我认罪 他就会放了她们
Wouldn't you happily go to prison to save the ones you loved?
难道你不会为了拯救 所爱的人而乐于进监狱
That's not how it works. Graham would have to win an appeal.
事情不是这么办的 Graham要赢了上诉才行
But I can confess publicly. They'd have to free him.
但是我可以公开认罪 他们就非得放他不可了
It would ruin your life.
这会毁了你的生活
Small price to pay to save them.
为了救她们这算什么
What if we lie?
如果我们撒谎呢
What?
什么
Tell some porkies.
说点好听的
Make a big announcement that we've released Graham Bathurst.
大肆宣扬我们已经 放了Graham Bathurst
What good'll that do? It might buy us more time.
这样有什么好处 可以给我们争取更多时间
Get the bastard out in the open, we kick him and cuff him.
把这个杂种放出来 我们再放倒他拷回去
Sounds like a plan to me. God, it's always that simple!
我听着不错 天啊 总是这么天真
Excuse me, Mrs Woman.
请原谅 妇女夫人
Well, Sam's trying to work this thing out, and the rest of us...
嗯 Sam在努力把这件事弄清楚 而我们别的人
we charge in like a herd of elephants.
我们像一群大象一样横冲直撞
Details are what count.
细节决定一切
And I'm wondering, or I'm starting to wonder, looking at Charley's files,
我在想 或者说我开始在想 看着Charley的卷宗
whether we've really put down all the details.
我们是不是真的已经 把握住所有细节了
We had a child-killer to find.
我们要找一个弑童犯
And we found him. Inside of 48 hours.
我们找到了 不到48个小时
Now, I made a pledge to her parents and I honoured it.
我对他的父母做出了承诺 我做到了
But we're in a mess here, Guv.
但我们现在一团糟 老爹
Maybe because we did too much kicking and not enough listening.
也许我们做的太多而听的太少
Are we about to get a recital from "The Female Eunuch"?
我们是要办《女太监》朗诵会吗?
Supposing we made mistakes last year
假设我们去年错了
and just supposing those mistakes are coming back to haunt us.
假设是那些错误 阴魂不散回来纠缠我们
Blimey, Cartwright.
好家伙 Cartwright
Next time go the whole hog and pull a gun on him.
下次痛快点 直接拿枪指着他
That was out of order, Annie.
你这是以下犯上 Annie
No, she was right, Chris. God is in the detail.
不 她是对的 Chris 上帝存于细节
God is in church, smarty-pants. Er... boss.
上帝在教堂里 机灵鬼 呃 老大
Entering a building to make an arrest is a step into the unknown
入室逮捕是向未知跨出了一步
and that puts us on the back foot.
这让我们处于后手
The smart move is to tread lightly and draw them out.
聪明的举动是 悄悄过去把他们引出来
They could die any moment.
她们随时可能死
We've lost.
我们输了
That's me back in uniform, then.
我要穿回制♥服♥了
Annie. You have to tell me.
Annie 你得告诉我
What mistakes were made?
出了什么错
Bathurst probably did kill her. You know...
Bathurst很可能确实杀了她
It's just, re-reading those old case notes...
只是 重新看那些旧卷宗
It wasn't like we did a proper forensic sweep of the woods.
好像我们没有 符合司法程序地搜寻树林
Ray took it as read that the evidence was on her body.
Ray认为她身上的证据显而易见
Then we just waded in and arrested Graham.
然后我们就冲过去把Graham抓了起来
Who violently resisted and tried to take his gran as a hostage.
他暴♥力♥拒捕还试图把他祖母当作人♥质♥
I'm not sure it was quite like that.
我不确定事实是那个样子
He was begging his gran to protect him.
他恳求祖母保护他
Gran...
婆婆
In the heat of the moment, it sounded so much more violent.
在较量的时候 听起来要暴♥力♥得多
Nowhere to go, Graham. Get away from me.
无处可逃了 Graham 走开
Don't come any closer!
别再靠近了!
We know you're upset about Charley.
我们知道你因为Charley的事很不安
I wasn't there, you bastards. I was at home asleep!
我没在那儿 你们这些杂种 我当时在家睡觉!
Oh, aye? Anyone see you?
哦 是吗 有人看见了吗
No, I thought not.
不 我想没有
Why don't you help us, Graham? I never hurt her.
为什么不帮帮我们呢 Graham 我从没伤害过她
I never hurt her!
我从没伤害过她!
I'll end up with life.
我会被判终身监禁的
You're nicked!
你被捕了!
But Graham confessed.
但是Graham认罪了
Yeah, but re-reading those old notes,
是的 但是重读旧卷宗
I began to remember how he was in the interview.
我开始想起来他在审讯时的样子
The Guv thought he was evasive. He was just confused.
老爹认为他在躲闪 他其实只是晕乎了
Sir? Graham's mum has asked that a member of the Women's Department
长官 Graham的母亲要求审讯时
be present during the interview.
有一位妇女协会的成员在场
You've got a babysitter, son. Do ask her if you need burping.
你有个保姆啊 孩子 想打嗝的时候记得叫她
Or if... if I need breastfeeding.
或者...或者我需要母乳喂养的时候
He didn't understand the Guv's humour. That made him seem callous.
他不理解老爹的幽默 那让他显得冷漠无情
She was a girl in bunches
她是个扎髻的小姑娘
who wanted lollipops with her mates after school.
放学了她想和伙伴们 一起去买♥♥棒棒糖
She was a child.
她是个孩子
Look...
听着
that night I missed meeting her 'cause I was asleep at home.
那天晚上我没接到她 因为我在家睡着了
Oh, right, why didn't you say? You're free to go.
对 你怎么不早说 你现在可以走了
Sit down!
坐下!
You walked her home that night
那晚你把她送回家
and you decided you were going to have her.
然后你决定要她
We kissed a few times.
我们接吻过几次
There were only three year between us and we were courting.
我们只差三岁 我们在谈恋爱
She was so sweet.
她那么可爱
Sweet as a summer apple, me mam would say.
可爱得如同夏日的苹果 用我妈的话来说
As soon as the Guv found oil on the rag stuffed in Charley's mouth,
老爹一发现堵Charley嘴的布上有油迹
he went at Graham with both guns blazing.
就开始对Graham爆发了
They hadn't fed him, he hadn't slept or washed.
他们不给他吃 不让他睡 不让他洗漱
He was all over the place by now.
那是他已经心力交瘁了
Because if you challenge me,
因为如果你跟我较劲
I will push for premeditated murder...
我就指控你蓄意谋杀
...and that means life.
那意味着终身监禁
Forty years.
四十年出来
Twelve. Ten. Forty.
十二 十 四十
Numbers. All numbers. I can't think.
数字 都是数字 我脑子转不动了
The only number you need to think about is the perfect ten.
你要想的唯一一个数字就是完美十分
It's good value for a young girl's life.
一个年轻女孩的生命 你赚到了
A young girl was dead. Feelings were high
一个年轻女孩死了 群情激愤
and we all saw what we wanted to see in Graham Bathurst.
我们在Graham Bathurst身上 看到了所有我们想要的
I can help you, son.
我能帮你 孩子
He must have done it.
他肯定做了
He must have.
他一定
Tyler? Put that mouthy plonk back where you found her.
Tyler 把那个大嘴婆娘 带回你找到她的地方
I'm widening the search and pulling in all able-bodied officers to help.
我正在扩大搜索 并让所有身强力壮的警员来帮忙
You're almost ablebodied. Actually, I'm feeling a lot better.
你几乎属于"身强力壮"了 事实上 我感觉好多了
You won't be when those women turn up dead.
等那些女人死掉 就不会感觉这么好了
The case was wrong. The kidnapper might have a point.
案子有问题 绑匪也许有他的道理
You are joking?
你开玩笑吧
Ray, you handled the forensics on that rag found in Charley's mouth.
Ray Charley嘴里找到的抹布 是你做的司法鉴定吧
Here we go. I wondered when it'd be my fault.
来了 我刚在想 什么时候会来找我的茬
Listen to me, boss.
听我说 老大
It was sick-making what was done to that little girl.
那个小女孩遭遇的事简直是作孽啊
We secured a sound collar. It was the forensics that nailed it.
我们抓住了一个很可疑的嫌犯 是司法鉴定把他拿下了
Charley's body told us how ruthless her attacker was.
Charley的尸体告诉我们 袭击她的人是多么的残忍♥
When she'd stopped him getting what he wanted,
当她阻止他侵犯的时候
he blocked out her screams using his whole body weight.
他用他整个身体的重量 压住她让她无法出声
Bloody smothered her. A helpless child.
让她窒息而死 一个无助的孩子
I never wanted a killer so bad.
我从未如此迫切想抓人归案
I want that back so fast it makes my eyes water.
速速拿回来 让我感动一下
I knew the rag'd get him.
我知道这块布能拿下他
Traces of oil.
油迹
Graham repairs bike engines.
Graham修理摩托车发动机
Motor oil? It's a link.
是机油 这是个关联
I think we've got him.
我想我们拿下他了
You think we cut corners?
你认为我们投机取巧了
Here, you're so excited by files and folders. Take a look.
给 既然你这么喜欢 文件和文档 拿去看吧
You show me what we could have done better.
你说说我们哪里还能做得更好
Go on, show me!
继续 你说啊
I warned you he'd try this on, Guv.
我警告过你他要拿这个说事儿的 头儿
That's it.
就是这个
剧集 | 火星生活(2006) | 导航列表