**If I stick it long enough*
*坚持不懈终有所报
**I may get to strut my stuff *
*我也能大展才华
**Working for a nice man*
*遇上我的伯乐
**Like a Ziegfeld or a Weissman*
*好比齐格菲尔德 或是威斯曼
**In a great big Broadway show*
*在百老汇大戏上 登台亮相
Excellent performance.
表演很精彩
Or it would've been, had the assignment been a duet.
如果作业要求是二重唱的话
Apparently, you both feel
很明显 你俩都自恃甚高
that you are above this class
以为自己比其他同学
and all that governs it.
甚至所有老师领导都要牛
No, not-not at all, Madame Tibideaux...
没有 绝对没有 缇碧戴尔夫人
I'm flunking you both.
你们俩都不及格
Next!
下一位
Wait.
等等
It was a good performance,
刚才的表演确实不错
so I'm going to give you the opportunity
所以我再给你们一次机会
to give me what I asked for originally.
根据作业要求 再演一次
I want you to do it as individuals.
这次 你们俩要各唱各的
Reschedule this week, it's fine.
这周重考 就没问题
Um, I'm sorry, Madame Tibideaux.
对不起 缇碧戴尔夫人
I'm just... I'm in the middle
只是我最近正在为演出
of tech rehearsals for my show right now...
忙着技术排练
Ms. Berry, I've said everything I have to say to you.
贝里小姐 我要说的已经说完了
Either you do it this week, or you fail.
要么这周重考 要么不及格
That's it. Next!
就这样 下一个
Please get off my stage.
快从台上给我下来
Madame Tibideaux?
缇碧戴尔夫人
Do you have a moment?
你现在有空吗
If it's to reschedule your Midwinter Critique, then yes.
如果是要谈你仲冬演评的重考时间 就有空
Otherwise, no, I'm interviewing Mike Nichols
不然就没空 我五点半要在92大街-Y
at the 92nd Street Y at 5:30.
面试迈克·尼科尔斯
Um, so I was just hoping
其实 我只是希望
that we could maybe reschedule for after my opening night.
能把重考时间安排在我首演之后
I thought I was very clear about that.
我以为我已经讲得够清楚了
It's either this week or you fail.
要么这周重考 要么不及格
I thought that the appeal of NYADA
我以为纽戏最大的魅力就在于
was that we could explore other activities, outside of the school.
鼓励学生在校外参加其他活动
Yes.
没错
As long as you kept your studies up.
但前提是 先保证在校的学习
But I've spoken to your professors
我和你的教授们谈过了
and they say you are underperforming egregiously.
他们说你表现极差
I'm sorry, who said that?
不好意思 是谁说的
All of them.
所有教授
I have put up with every single thing
学校的每条要求
that this school has thrown at me,
我都咬牙忍♥受了
including that lunatic Cassandra July.
连那个神经病卡珊德拉·朱莉 我都忍♥了
Ms. Berry, you are barely scraping by
贝里小姐 你现在情况并不乐观
and you have the nerve to come in here
你居然有胆进来
and ask for special treatment when you haven't earned it?
跟我谈特殊待遇 你还没到那一步
I'm sorry, I don't understand why you're being so difficult.
抱歉 我搞不懂你现在为什么这么执拗
It's just a critique.
就是一次演评而已
It is not just a critique.
绝不只是一次演评而已
This is about you deciding:
这是要看你的决定
are you part of this community?
你还想做学校的一份子吗
Do you want to get your degree?
还想不想要你的学位
Do you care about the work,
你是在乎那份工作
or is it just about the spotlight?
还只是单纯迷恋聚光灯
That's what you have to decide.
这些都是你必须决定的
I did decide,
我确实做了决定
and I chose I would do whatever it takes to make it to Broadway.
就是要排除万难 登上百老汇的舞台
And that is why I fought so hard to get into NYADA,
所以当初我才拼尽全力要进入纽戏
to help all of my dreams come true,
是为了帮助实现我的一切梦想
and they have.
现在梦想已经实现了
I-I am in my... my dream show,
我在梦想的剧目中
playing my dream part,
扮演梦寐以求的角色
and I'm not going to turn my back on that, I'm sorry.
我绝不会对此弃之不顾 抱歉
Oh, come on, little girl.
得了吧 小丫头
You are not the first supernova to come through here.
你又不是在这努力拼搏的第一颗超级新星
You... are talented.
你 才华横溢
You have drive.
动力十足
What you don't have
但你缺少一样东西
is you have no foundation.
你没有根基
You don't listen
你听不进别人意见
and you don't take direction.
刚愎自用
That's why you need NYADA.
所以你需要纽戏
You're not ready.
你还没准备好
You're wrong.
你错了
You're wrong and I'm going to prove it to you.
大错特错 我要证明给你看
Okay? I don't need NYADA anymore.
我不需要纽戏了
Especially not if it's going to hold me back.
尤其是它现在正拖我后腿
Think long and hard...
开口前
about what you're gonna say next.
要三思
I have.
我三思过了
I quit.
我要退学
Look, he's very nice.
他人很好
Nobody's saying that he's not nice.
没人说他不好
Yeah, and his impressions were really good.
没错 他的模仿功力也确实高
His Bill Cosby impression?
那个比尔·考斯比的模仿秀
Spot on.
太牛了
His impression of all the Cosbys were good.
他模仿所有人都很牛
And I don't think a Tempestt Bledsoe impression is easy.
我觉得模仿特帕斯塔·布莱索很不容易
I'm surprised he found a toehold there. Me, too.
我很惊讶 他居然能做到 我也是
All right. Well...
好了
what's the problem?
问题到底在哪
Shaynice, can we just stop skating around it
莎妮斯 我们就别再拐弯抹角了
and talk for real?
直说吧
Mercedes...
梅赛德斯
you're black, and he's white.
你是黑人 他是白人
Period.
就这样
Girl, he's not just white, he's blond.
姐儿们 他不仅是白人 还是金发
He's practically albino.
他简直白到爆啊
You can see the veins in his temples.
你都能看清他太阳穴上的血管
If you date a white dude,
如果你跟白人谈恋爱
you're gonna alienate all the black women
你就会失去所有黑种女人的亲睐
you want to buy your album
你还指望她们买♥♥你专辑呢
and you're gonna piss off black men, too.
黑种男人也会被你惹怒
The only people who will buy your record are albinos.
唯一会买♥♥你专辑的就是白人了
Well, maybe I don't care.
说不定 我都不在乎
Fine. Maybe you don't,
好吧 你可能是不在乎
but you should.
但你应该在乎
"Well, you take the good, you take the bad,
"好的 坏的
you take them both and there you have the facts of life."
通通都接受 你就了解生命的事实了"
Oh, I don't know what it is about Mrs. Garrett.
我不知道加勒特太太为什么这么说
She just does it for me.
但她说的句句在理
Natalie, you always do well on your tests.
娜塔莉 你考试成绩向来很好的
But what if I don't?
但如果不是呢
I can't do this.
我不能这么做
What? What do you, what do you mean?
什么 你什么意思
I can't be with you.
我不能跟你在一起
I can't date you or be your girlfriend or whatever.
我不能和你拍拖 不能当你女朋友
It was dinner, wasn't it?
是因为那次吃饭 对不对
No. No.
不是
I knew I screwed up.
我当时就知道我搞砸了
Nah, you know, I, you know, I just, uh,
不是 其实 我就是
when I get nervous I can't stop talking and now you...
一紧张就不停讲话 现在你
your backup singers probably, they hate me, don't they?
是你的伴唱歌♥手 她们讨厌我 对不对
No...
不是
They don't... they don't hate you.
她们不讨厌你
They like you just fine.
她们挺喜欢你的
I'm just worried about what people are gonna think.
我只是担心 外人会怎么想
剧集 | 欢乐合唱团(2009) | 导航列表