The cupboard is bare.
橱柜已经空了
There are no more fish in the sea.
大海中已经没有鱼了
Meanwhile, my dad is engaged.
与此同时 我爸又订婚了
My brother is expecting his first child.
我弟弟的第一个宝宝要出生了
While I am left to spin aimlessly
只剩我一人漫无目的地
on the dating hamster wheel.
在约会的仓鼠轮子上狂奔
You like your metaphors, don't you?
你还真喜欢打比方啊 是吧
Well, don't worry, Frasier.
别担心 Frasier
Somewhere in Seattle there's a woman you haven't pissed off
在西雅图的一定还有一位没有被你招惹的女士
and I'm going to find her.
我一定会找到她
You seem awfully sure of yourself. I am.
你看上去相当的自信啊 当然了
I've successfully matched
我曾经成功地帮助
hundreds of couples,
数百位情侣成功牵手
so...
那么
What kind of woman are you looking for?
你喜欢哪种类型的女士呢
And don't just say smart, sexy and sophisticated.
请别只说"聪慧 性感 成熟"
Why, don't you have any of those?
为什么 难道这样的女士你这儿没有吗
All right.
我想想
Well, it's hard to say...
我喜欢的类型
what I want.
比较难描述
It's been so long since I've really fallen for someone.
我已经很久都没有心动的感觉了
You know that feeling you get after a first date,
你懂那种感觉吗 就是第一次约会之后
when you can't even sleep,
你无法入眠
you just lie there in bed awake,
你睁着眼睛躺在床上
thinking about her?
一直想着她
That's what I want.
我想要那种女士
You're going to make me work for my money, aren't you?
看来想要挣你的钱我得下大工夫了
Uh, by the way,
哦 顺便说
I do require a payment up-front.
我需要提前预支报酬
Oh, of course.
哦 没问题
My fee is $10,000.
一万美元
That's awfully steep.
这还真是相当的多啊
And those ten years of bad dates,
经历这十年的糟糕约会
how much did they run you?
他们掏空了你多少钱
I'll write you a check.
我写一张支票给你
So I gave her the money
所以我交了钱
and I filled out the questionnaire.
填好了调查表格
Mm.
嗯
You fudged a little bit on your answers, right?
你应该把答案稍微修饰了一下吧
No, of course not. Why would I?
当然没有啊 为什么要撒谎呢
Because nobody's honest on those things.
因为没有人会诚实的回答啊
There's a code people use.
人们是有一套暗语的
Like "Mature" Means old.
好比说 "成熟" 就是"年纪大"
"Athletic" Means flat-chested.
"运动型"就是"平胸"
And, uh, oh...
还有那个
"Not model thin" means circus fat.
"不像模特那么瘦"就是马戏团小丑那么胖
Well, gosh.
哦 天呐
She's already sent me out on a date this evening.
她已经为我安排好今天晚上的约会了
But I assure you, I am more interested
但是你别担心 比起外表
in personality than looks.
我更在意内涵
Did you see a photo at least?
你至少看过照片了吧
Of course I saw a photo.
我当然看过照片了
She's got a personality you can bounce a quarter off of.
她的"内涵"翘得可以让硬币跳起来
So where you taking her?
那么你要带她去哪吃
Claret-- I intend to take
克拉雷餐厅 我打算所有的
all subsequent dates there as well.
约会目标都带到那里
That way I can compare them objectively, you see.
这样我就可以客观地比较她们了
As the woman will be the only variable.
因为女人在这里是唯一的变量
It's basic science.
这就是基础科学
Yeah.
可说呢
That's been your dating problem--
这就是你约会的问题
not enough science.
不够科学
Hey, you two.
嘿 你们两个
Here, have a seat. There you are.
来 坐这儿 这给你
We can only chat for a moment. We're meeting our doula.
我们只能稍坐一会儿 我们约了和助产士见面
Oh, yes.
哦 对了
Your doula.
你们的助产士
Anybody need anything?
你们想吃点什么吗
I'm getting more coffee.
我要再来点咖啡
No, thanks.
谢谢 不用了
We brought fennel tea
我们带了茴香茶
and some healthy snacks to nibble on.
还有健康零食来解馋
Oh, huh. Peanut butter and carrots.
哦 花生酱 胡萝卜
Looks like somebody has some pregnancy cravings.
看起来有人因为怀孕而胃口大开啊
Yes, I just can't help myself.
是啊 我就是控制不住我自己
Oh, dear, Niles. Couvade Syndrome?
哦 天呐 Niles 你这是拟娩综合征吗
We just call it love.
我们称之为爱情
Yes, well... I have a date.
哦 好吧 我还有个约会
I've signed up with a matchmaking service.
是一个婚介公♥司♥为我安排的
Wait, Frasier, a matchmaker?
等等 Frasier 速配服务吗
I'm surprised you' d use a professional
你居然找一个专业人员插手
for something as personal as your love life.
你的感情生活
Well, I could say the same thing
哦 这句话同样适用你们和
about you and your doula.
你们的助产士
Well, our professional comes highly recommended.
我们这位可是备受推荐的
So does my professional.
我的也一样
Well, our professional is at the top of her field.
我们这位是行业精英
As is mine.
我的也一样
Well, our professional charges $200 an hour.
我们这位一个小时两百美元
Mine charges $10,000.
我的收费一万美元
She sounds fantastic.
她听上去特别棒
Congratulations, Frasier.
恭喜你 Frasier
Thank you, Niles. Wish me luck!
谢谢 Niles 祝我好运吧
Good luck. Wow.
好运 天呐
Daphne and Niles?
Daphne和Niles吗
Oh, you must be Harvest.
哦 你一定就是Harvest
So nice to meet you.
真高兴遇见你
Oh, this is our friend Roz.
哦 这是我们的朋友Roz
Hi.
你好
A resume detailing my 15 years of experience,
这份简历详细记录了我15年的工作经验
plus a syllabus for further reading.
附加一份词汇表便于阅读
Well, I am doula impressed.
我被深深地震撼了
Now, on page five,
你看第五页
you'll find details about my support staff.
记录了我的背后团队成员
There's a masseuse, a shaman, of course,
有女按♥摩♥师 当然还有萨满
and a drummer.
还有一位鼓手
He used to tour with the Doobie Brothers.
他曾经和杜比兄弟团一起巡回过
Very talented.
非常有才华
My, sounds expensive.
天呐 听上去很贵啊
I can't wait to tell Frasier.
我等不及要告诉Frasier了
And of course, I insist on
当然了 我是坚持
a drug-free birthing environment.
无麻醉分娩的
Whoa. Back up. No drugs?
哇哦 稍等一下 不麻醉吗
Oh, I want Daphne to be awake
是的 我希望Daphne能保持清醒
and connected to the moment.
感知那个时刻
A natural childbirth needn't be painful.
自然分娩不需要感到痛苦
It needn't be, but it be.
是不需要 但还是会痛啊
How painful?
有多疼
Would you have a tooth pulled without Novocain?
如果不麻醉的话 你会去拔牙吗
No.
不会啊
Well, a tooth is this big.
你想想 牙才这么大
Oh, I'm sorry.
哦 抱歉
I thought you wanted to be emotionally present
我还以为你想要在情感上参与宝宝的
for the birth of your baby,
出生过程
but I see that you just want
但现在我明白了
somebody to dope you up,
你就希望被人放倒
strap you down and yank it out.
五花大绑 然后把孩子拽出来
Oh, no, no. Wait. Don't go.
哦 不 不 等一下 先别走
Yes, our friend
是的 我们的朋友
was just leaving.
就要离开了
剧集 | 欢乐一家亲(1993) | 导航列表