I found nothing. It's all gone.
你怎么听起来这么兴奋
Why do you sound excited?
所有高端录音设备
Every piece of high-end recording equipment
都被移走了
has been cleared out,
彷佛有人知道这地方会被烧毁
like someone knew the place was going to burn down.
那是图利纵火的确凿迹象,对吧
That's like a tell-tale sign of arson-for-profit, right?
绝对是
You bet your a** it is.
20分钟后见
I'll see you in 20.
对…我知道
Yeah. Yeah, I know.
我们到威克公园的Mary酒吧碰面吧
Let's meet up at that place Mary's in Wicker Park.
我知道…但听说那里很棒
No. Yeah. I know. I know, but it's supposed to be cool,
充满往日情怀
like in an old-timey kind of way.
也许你说得对
Maybe you were right.
也许她不适合51分局
Maybe she's not 51 material.
我不确定,她这个人很难应付
I don't know. She's definitely a lot.
但她有些特别之处…
But there is something about her...
你找我吗?副区长
You wanted to see me, Chief?
James昨天不告而别
James left yesterday without telling me.
昨晚没回家
Didn't come home last night.
今早我接到一封简讯
This morning, I get a text
跟我说他今天没办法来了
telling me that he's not gonna make it in today.
我知道他现在蜡烛两头烧
Now, I know he is burning the candle at both ends
为了租♥房♥♥子整晚开车赚钱
driving all night trying to earn enough money to get his own place.
我知道他是成年人了
And I know he's an adult,
他想做什么都行,但…
he can do his own thing. But...
但他说过他想要这份工作
but he said he wanted this job.
现在感觉起来…
Now it feels...
他很不负责任,在我看来
irresponsible, if you ask me.
副区长,等等
Chief, wait.
我早就看到Gibson不对劲了
I saw the warning signs with Gibson and...
我以为我不说是在帮他
I thought I was helping him by keeping it to myself.
我不想再犯同样的错
I don't want to make the same mistake again.
说吧
Go on.
我知道James去了哪里
I know where James went.
谢谢你在这么短的时间内赶来
Hey. Thanks for coming by on such short notice.
我们只是想确认和火灾有关的细节
We just wanted to confirm a few details about the fire.
只要能帮上忙就好
Whatever I can do to help.
那是A录音室的控制室
That is Studio 'A' Control Room.
这张照片里的设备都有保险吗
And all of the equipment in this photo is all insured?
当然有
Of course, it was insured.
设备值20万美元
That's 200,000 dollars' worth of equipment
都在那房♥间里
in that room.
光是控制台就要几乎10万了
The console alone was worth almost 100.
为什么要问我这个
Why are you asking me that?
我不懂你想说什么
I don't understand where you're going with this?
这些设备都没被火烧到
None of the equipment was destroyed.
甚至不在里面,早被人搬走了
It wasn't even there. It was removed.
在那场火烧毁录音室之前
Before the fire burned the studio down.
要不就是时机太幸运了,要不…
Which is either incredibly lucky timing or...
那是不可能的
That's impossible.
只有我有权…
I'm the only person who's authorized to...
你认为是我做的
you think I did it.
你认为我把设备搬走
You think I moved the equipment out,
然后烧掉自己的录音室
burned down my own studio
害死我40年来最好的朋友
and killed my best friend of 40 years
就为了领几十万的保险金?
all to collect a couple hundred thousand dollars of insurance money?
我为何要那么做
Why would I do that?
我们听说录音室有些财务困难
Well, we heard the studio was having financial troubles.
好吧
Fine.
我们的生意不是很好
We weren't killing it.
但我为了让生意有起色忙得团团转
But I was hustling my ass off to make that business work.
不是为了我自己,是为了Wyatt
Not for myself, but for Wyatt.
你的录音室经理?
Your studio manager?
他是我朋友
My friend.
我们从小学就认识了
We'd known each other since we were in grade school.
他做过我两次伴郎
He was my best man, twice.
他时运差时,我给他一份工作
When he was down on his luck, I gave him a job,
教会他这门生意
taught him the business.
我试图帮他
I tried to help him out.
疫情让他们过得很惨
The pandemic was brutal on those 2.
Wyatt一直换工作
Wyatt was bouncing around from job to job.
Jane的美甲店从她开张起就很惨淡
I think Jane's nail salon struggled, ever since she opened it.
他太太…
Did...
是开美甲店的?
his wife owns a nail salon?
在克莱波恩街上
Over on Clybourne.
为什么
Why?
有什么事吗
Can I help you?
怎么一回事
What's going on here?
我们有搜索这里的搜查令,女士
We've got a warrant here to search the premises, ma'am.
我们在调查卡纳波特录音室的火灾
We're investigating the fire at Canalport Studios.
以及Wyatt Sullivan的死亡
And the death of Wyatt Sullivan.
我想你把丙酮放在后面吧
I assume you store your acetone in the back there?
这是我的店面,你们不能…
Hey. This is my business. You can't just...
等等,你们不能去后面
wait! You can't just go back there.
是丙酮
It's acetone.
所有美甲店都会用丙酮
All nail salons use it.
丙酮没有问题
There's nothing improper about acetone.
Kelly,你看这个
Kelly, check this out.
是Wyatt做的
Wyatt did it.
我想说服他别这么做,我发誓
I tried to talk him out of it, I swear.
我知道他不知道自己在做什么
I knew he was way out of his depth,
但他说他很清楚自己在做什么
but he said he knew what he was doing.
我们在疫情期间欠了太多债
We got into so much debt during the pandemic.
他说他能卖♥♥掉它,让我们重新开始
He said he could sell this stuff and give us a fresh start.
反正都有保险,Billy不会有事
And it was all was insured anyway, so Billy would be okay.
Wyatt不该…
Wyatt wasn't supposed to...
他本来该要逃出去的
He was supposed to get out.
他为什么不逃出去
Why didn't he just get out?
亲爱的
Hey, honey...
过来
come on in here.
我们有客人
We have a visitor.
是吗
Oh, yeah?
对
Yeah.
你好,Randall
Hi Randall.
我带了圆环蛋糕给Trudy
I brought Trudy a bundt cake.
谢谢她这几个月送来的食物
To thank her for all the food she sent over these last few months.
你真是…
Well, that was...
很体贴,Kathy
very thoughtful, Kathy.
对了
Hey,
你想跟我一起去厨房♥一下吗
do you wanna go in the kitchen with me for a minute?
去切蛋糕
Cut that cake?
别傻了
Don't be ridiculous.
我不需要你帮忙切蛋糕
I don't need your help cutting a cake.
-你确定吗 -亲爱的,坐吧
-You sure about that? -Honey, sit.
好好招呼客人,我很快就回来
Entertain our guest. I'll be back in 2 shakes.
刚刚你对我很没礼貌,Randall
You were very rude earlier, Randall.
我不喜欢那样
And I didn't like it.
一点也不喜欢
Not one bit.
我很抱歉
I'm sorry about that.
我不是想对你无礼…
I wasn't trying to be rude...
你让我觉得自己毫无价值
You made me feel like dirt.
那不是我的本意
That wasn't my intention.
是这样的…
The thing is...
我一定是不小心让你误会了什么
I must have given you the wrong impression somewhere along the way,
那完全是我的错
which is completely my fault, by the way.
我愿意负全责
I take full responsibility.
这种事从来不是我的强项
This was never my strong suit...
向来都是Brett负责处理…
Brett was the one who always handled...
与病人的关系…
you know, client relations, I guess.
Kathy,这看起来很美味
Kathy, this looks just delicious.
这碟给你
剧集 | 芝加哥烈焰 | 导航列表