I was gunning for nationals when I got in the ring
我想进军全国赛
with Marty Johnson.
大家都叫Marty「机器人」
Marty 'The Machine' is what they called him.
说他强悍无比
Tough as all get out.
像尊大理石雕像
Cut like a marble statue.
你戴过拳击手套吗?Carver
You ever put the gloves on, Carver?
没有
No.
是这样的
Well, the thing about it is,
你上场时并不想伤害对手
you don't go into the ring wanting to hurt the guy.
但也不是不想伤害他
But you're not, not trying to hurt him either,
你懂我意思吗
you know what I'm saying?
你受的训练就是要挥出所有力气
You're trained to punch with everything you got.
我就是那么做的
That's what I did.
他在第三回合倒下,再也没站起来
He went down in the third round, never got up.
天啊
Damn.
我也知道发生了什么事
I knew what was going on too...
看到他倒在垫上
seeing him there on that mat,
急救员努力抢救
paramedics working on him.
他断气了
He was gone.
我感觉得到
I could feel it.
要是我沉浸其中,我仍能感觉到
I can still feel it if I let myself go there, you know?
老实说,我…
Yeah, honestly? I...
我完全无法想象
I can't even imagine.
总之…
Anyway...
协会那边想办法压下消息
the association...they figured a way to play it all down.
他们的律师警告我不能谈这件事
Their lawyers, they warned me not to talk about it.
我没说
I didn't.
谁也没说
Not to anybody.
你后来还打过拳吗
You ever fight again?
没有
No.
没有,我无法理清思绪
No, I couldn't get my head on straight.
把那整件事尘封…
Locking that whole thing away...
使我崩溃
really messed me up.
情况糟到我甚至…
Got so bad I even...
在精神科病房♥住过一段时间
ended up in the psych unit for a stretch.
在莱克绍尔
At Lakeshore.
所以你才认识那个护士
That's how you knew the nurse.
那些人真的帮了我很多
Those folks really helped me.
看到他们照顾病人的方式
You know, seeing how they took care of people...
我就是在那时决定做消防员的
see that's where I decided to become a firefighter.
然后从未回首
And I never really looked back.
直到昨天看到那孩子
'Til I saw that kid
躺在背板上…
laid out on the hardwood yesterday...
跟你说件事
I'll tell you one thing,
你不是第一个因为私人憾事
you're not the first guy to join the CFD
加入芝加哥消防局的人
off the back of some personal misfortune.
听起来你也略知一二
Sounds like you know what you're talking about.
再跟你说件事
Tell you something else...
每天搭云梯车出勤…
getting up on those rigs every day...
很有帮助
helps.
你来对地方了,Gibson
You're in the right place, Gibson.
对
Yeah.
剧集 | 芝加哥烈焰 | 导航列表