剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表
计划生育手段的一种遏制
in China as a means of population control.
中国人 墨西哥人 有人饿了吗?
Chinese, Mexican, anybody hungry?
反对
Objection.
反对有效
Sustained.
好吧 让我们回到美国
All right, let's get back to America.
你是说我们是站在人道主义
的立场上颁布这项政策的?
Are you saying that these policies were enacted as a humanitarian gesture?
是的 当时是
Yes, it was.
那是不是由美国来判断
哪些诊所可以得到援助?
And is it in the United states' discretion to decide which clinics get funding?
作为政♥府♥行为的一部分 是的
As a part of our governmental function, yes.
决定采取援助是一项纯粹的政♥府♥行为
Determining funding is a purely governmental function.
而且 呃 政♥府♥具有豁免权 根据 呃...
And, uh, governments are immune under the, uh...
根据 呃...
under the, uh...
联邦侵权赔偿法
federal tort claims act.
没错
Right.
因此...
Therefore...
你会要求撤销此案
而我将会继续否决你的要求
you will move for dismissal, and I will again deny the motion.
继续
Move on.
我问完了 法官阁下
Nothing further, your honor.
你 呃 你说这是基于人道主义的立场
You, uh, you say this was done as a humanitarian effort.
但是 这个政策是由里根总统提出
However, the rule was instituted by president Reagan,
在老布♥什♥总统执政时期得以保留
continued under the first president Bush,
然后在克♥林♥顿♥总统任期间被废除
then rescinded during the Clinton administration.
是的
That's true.
当小布♥什♥总统上台后
And the day George W. Bush took office,
恢复全球计划生育遏制政策
成为了他首要事务之一
reinstating the global gag rule was one of his first official pieces of business.
这对我来说更像政♥治♥立场
That sounds political to me.
反对 呃...
Objection, uh...
反对有效
Sustained.
那么这个政策阻止的是
因为强制计划生育而堕胎的情况?
So the policy was designed to stop abortion as a method of family planning?
是的
Yes.
即便如此 通过中断对这些诊所的援助
Even though, by withdrawing funding from those clinics,
他们是否也不再有能力
来实施任何的家庭计划生育
they no longer have money for any family planning,
例如中止意外怀孕或者孕妇本身要求流产?
which could stop unwanted pregnancies and the need for abortions?
Broden先生 你不是唯一的一个面对这种
Mr. Broden, you're not the only US aid representative
困境的美国援助计划代表 对吗?
that has to deal with this issue, are you?
是的 我不是
No, I'm not.
事实上
我们的全球计划生育遏制政策正在影响...
The truth is that our global gag rule is affecting, well...
全球
the globe.
巴尔干半岛 非洲 南美 亚洲
The Balkans, Africa, South America, Asia,
任何依靠美国援助的地方
都甚至不允许提及"堕胎"这个词
any place dependant on US funding is not allowed to even utter the word "abortion".
是的 这是事实
Yes, that's true.
我们的政♥府♥出♥台♥阻止堕胎这种政策
So don't you think it's curious
实际上我们是在限制言论自♥由♥
而言论自♥由♥这恰恰是民♥主♥的特征
that in our administration's quest to stop abortion,
那么你不认为我们这样很奇怪么?
we're actually restricting free speech, which is a hallmark of democracy?
反对 无关而且不爱国
Objection. Irrelevant and unpatriotic.
反对有效
Sustained.
Datemistake.com.
Datemistake. com.
谢天谢地 科技终于发展到这个程度
Thank goodness technology has progressed to the point
我们不再需要自己隐秘地处理自己的事务了
where we no longer have to deal with our issues privately.
上面有关于我的流言蜚语么?
So any of my misadventures chronicled in there?
没有
No.
很惊讶?
Surprised?
一点点
A little.
而对于你会在上面调查我的事 我不吃惊
As to the fact that you checked on me, no.
你要知道 你刚才的话可以被认为是性骚扰
Just so you know, that little incident would be considered sexual harassment.
你真迷人 哇
You're quite intoxicating. Oops.
再说一次
Did it again.
但是你不会向老板们投诉我的
But you won't report me to the bosses.
为什么不?
Why not?
Marlene...
Marlene...
虽然我认识你时间不长
while I haven't known you long,
我可以感觉的到
你最拿手的就是背着同事做事
I get the feeling your best work is done behind your colleague's back.
如果你真的要投诉我
你肯定不会先警告我
If you were to report me, you certainly wouldn't have warned me first.
此外 你真正想做的是
用你的腿缠绕着我
And besides, what you'd really like to do is wrap your legs around me
用尽全力尖叫
and scream at the top of your lungs.
你想来一次 是吗?
You're allowed one, aren't you?
你说什么?
Excuse me?
不如我直接把台面清空?
How about I just clear everything off this desk?
我们可以就地解决一下
We can take care of things right now,
在那之后 你可以写报告投诉我
then afterwards, you can write me up and send me on my way.
你真令人厌恶
You're repulsive.
你说的对
You're right.
但是我从你的眼里看到
你并不是对此完全感到厌恶
And yet I can see in your eyes you're not completely repulsed.
而这就是麻烦所在
And therein lies the rub.
你不能因为某人发表言论而让其负上责任
You can't hold someone liable for expressing an opinion.
而且 事实胜于雄辩
And besides, truth is a defense.
我们这儿并没有任何客观上的错误内容
There are no objectively false facts here.
噢 你是在说笑吗
Oh, you gotta be kidding me.
那个无名氏说我很吝啬
Anonymous called me cheap.
你带她去哪里吃晚饭?
Where did you take anonymous to dinner?
Jimmy Changas
Jimmy Changas.
你是否真的用了优♥惠♥券?
And is it true that you used a coupon?
呃 这不是吝啬 这是聪明
Uh, that's not cheap. That's smart.
你付帐了吗?
And did you pay?
是的
Yes, I did.
她也付帐了吗?
And did she pay, too?
是的
Yes.
他平等地对待她
He treated her as an equal,
只能说明他是一个足智多谋的女权主义者
which only proves he's a feminist as well as resourceful.
而那个无名氏没有把这点说清楚
Anonymous didn't post that on there.
是啊 而且她说我没有幽默感
Yeah, and she says I have no sense of humor.
我经常说笑话
I make jokes all the time.
那些不是笑话 那些是双关语
双关语不好笑
Those aren't jokes. Those are puns. Puns aren't funny.
这只是你的...
Well, that's just your...
opunion(意见) 不是吗?
(他把opinion(意见)和pun(双关语)
合在一起了)
opunion, isn't it?
噢 天啊
Oh, dear God.
你看 Denise
Look, Denise,
我们同意回到这里
是完全是看在你良好的名声的份上
we agreed to return to the table in good faith based on your reputation,
但是你没有给我们任何能让我们
甚至是同意最初的协议的理由
but you haven't given us any reason to even go back to the original agreement.
所有的事实都站在我们这一边
All of the facts are on our side.
但是有更多的原告站在我们这一边
But we may have more plaintiffs on our side.
在快速浏览了你们的网站后
With just a quick search on your web site,
我们发现10个男性愿意出来指控你们诽谤
we have found ten men willing to come forward who were defamed with false statements.
这是事实 不是想法
It's a fact, not opinion.
你上次并没有提过这些人
You never mentioned these men in your previous negotiations.
我们只是把注意力集中在我们的委托人身上
而我们曾希望你们会通情达理一点
We were just focusing on our client, and we were hoping you would be reasonable.
但是你没没有
But you're not being reasonable.
所以我们只好把这个案子扩大为集体诉讼
So we're expanding this case to a class action suit.
至于诉讼内容...
As to the facts...
Brett Doran不再和他母亲一起住了
Brett Doran does not still live with his mother.
Jack Bostick的那话儿不止1英寸
就算是在冷天
Jack Bostick does not have a 1-inch Johnson, even on a cold day.
我还可以继续
I could go on.
那儿还有超过30万张帖子
而我有很多热心的同事等着检查它们
There are 300,000 more postings and plenty of eager associates to review them.
我给你一个机会商量一下 Marlene
We'll give you a chance to talk this over. Marlene.
这些帖子是你自己贴上去的 是吗?
You posted these complaints yourself, didn't you?
我一定是个傻瓜才会那么做
I'd have to be an idiot to do that.
所以你让别人帮你做
一个姐妹或者一个女朋友?
So you had someone else do it for you. A sister, a girlfriend?
Denise 当你昨晚出去约会的时候
Denise, while you were out on a date last night,
我在这儿呆到早上3点把这些人找出来
I was here until 3 o'clock in the morning hunting these guys down.
剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表