剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表
我是在害你
I'd be hurting you.
害我?
Hurting me?
这就是我的做事方式
Okay, this is me.
这就是我教育孩子的方式 不仅仅是给予
The way I raise my own kids. It's not what you give them.
更应该教会他们自己自食其力
It's how you teach them to get things for themselves.
只是确定你是真的存在
Just making sure you're real.
我还不认识你呢Shore先生
You know, I don't know you yet, Mr. Shore.
但是我感觉我会喜欢你的
But I get this feeling I'm gonna like you.
我想请问? 守信还债对你而言好像是件好事?
May I ask? You spoke of honoring obligations as if it's a good thing?
的确是
Indeed I did.
那为什么你们这些信♥用♥卡♥公♥司♥
Then why do you and other credit card companies
喜欢招揽还不起债的老赖作为顾客?
refer to the customers who pay off their debts promptly as deadbeats?
好吧 我并不倾向于使用这个词
Well, that's not a term I would personally use.
当然 因为你是自大狂
No. Because you're swell.
但是你们公♥司♥常把这个词挂在嘴边
But your company uses the term like a mantra.
是这样的
Here's the thing.
让我告诉你一些关于我自己的事
还有为什么我要为Prominence银行工作
Let me tell you a little about me and why I chose to represent Prominence Bank.
就像其他信♥用♥卡♥业务一样 这是一门生意
Like any other credit card service, it's a business, sure.
但是也是一种服务
But it is a service.
我们帮助囊中羞涩的人
We help people who are short of cash.
帮助他们交房♥租 避免他们流落街头
Help them make their rent so they don't get thrown out on the street.
帮助他们买♥♥车 使他们可以去上班
Help them make a car payment so they can get to work.
帮助他们在困难日子里
为他们的孩子买♥♥圣诞节礼物
Help them buy Christmas presents for their children during tough times.
你就像圣诞老人
You're like Santa Claus.
我想我们可以一起出去射射鸭子
I can see you and I need to go out and shoot some ducks together.
你向你的顾客解释了所有的服务条款吗?
Do you explain all the credit terms to your customers?
是的 每张申请表后面都有
Well, they're on the back of every application.
像这个? 用这么小的字?
Like this? With the tiny print?
我拥有哈佛大学的法学博士和MBA学位
I have JD and an MBA from Harvard and
但是我都不能分辨出里面的诡计和陷阱
even I can't make heads nor tails of this deception and fraud.
这些欺诈行为!
It's deception and fraud!
原来他会说话!
Well, look who found his tongue!
至于你Shore先生
And you, Mr. Shore.
你是个怪胎
You're a hoot. That's what.
你们公♥司♥事实上把拥有糟糕信用度
的人群作为目标 是吗?
Is it true your company actually targets people with bad credit ratings?
可以这么说 我们拥有极为复杂的市场策略
Well, we have an extremely complex marketing strategy,
有些我很乐意花些时间解释给你听
one that I'v be happy to take some time and explain to you.
不用了
That's okay.
我想我明白了
I think I've got it.
你寻找一些处于困境的人作为市场目标
You find people in dire straits and market directly to them
希望能够和他们建立终生的合作关系
with the hope of forming a lifelong relationship.
我原来有个委托人的生意手法和你一样
I had a former client who kind of operated his business the same way.
真的? 他做哪行的?
Really? What line of work was he in?
他卖♥♥海♥洛♥因♥
He sold heroin.
我的朋友 我不是一个容易动气的人
My friend, I'm not a man who offends easily.
那么我可以称你为借高♥利♥贷♥的
你应该不会反对
So I could call you a loan shark and you'd be fine.
当你向你的顾客收取30%的利息
你就是高♥利♥贷♥者
When you charge your customers 30 percent interest, you're a loan shark.
这个词带有犯罪意味
That term implies criminal conduct.
不是犯罪
It's not criminal,
因为你们的说客遍布国会的每个角落
because your parasitic lobbyists have penetrated both aisles of Congress.
信♥用♥卡♥产业获得的利润比麦当劳
微软和沃尔马都要高
The credit card industry is more profitable than McDonalds, Microsoft and Walmart.
你自己就过着纸醉金迷
花天酒地的生活 Palmer先生
You've got yourself a multi-billion dollar racket going, Mr. Palmer.
考虑到我们比沃尔马或者麦当劳
又或者微软更巨型
Given that we are bigger than Walmart or McDonalds or Microsoft,
我们也享有某些保障
we enjoy some security.
至于象这样潜在的官司?
And potential lawsuits like this?
我们在得克萨斯有句话Shore先生
We have an expression in Texas, Mr. Shore.
你们是 扯虎皮 做大旗
You're all hat, and no cattle.
告诉你我的看法
Here's the thing about me.
我是个怪胎
I am a hoot.
但是我喜欢和社会规则作对
But I insist on putting adversary back into the system.
而且我喜欢大摇大摆地公开做反派
And I do it openly and notoriously for all to hear.
而相反 像你这样的自大狂
却喜欢做偷鸡摸狗的事
While a swell guy like you doesn't want the public to know
以免被让人知道在商业信誉良好
监督局的记录中
that of the thousands of industries tracked by the Better Business Bureau,
信♥用♥卡♥欺诈位于顾客投诉的榜首
the credit card racket is number one in customer complaints.
你不想让他们知道你们的目标
You don't want them to know that you deliberately target
是那些还不起钱的人
those who won't be able to pay off their debts.
那些你们称为冤大头的人
People you call, revolvers.
他们看到利率为零就很高兴
People who see, zero percent interest in big blue print,
却不知道只要他们不能及时还款
and don't know that with just one late payment,
他们的利率马上攀升到30%
you skyrocket their interest to 30 percent.
他们只要动了一下租车的念头
你们就马上提高他们的利率
That if they so much as inquire about leasing a car, you raise their rates.
你不想让大众知道有7百万家庭
You don't want the public to know that while over seven million families
在过去5年内宣布破产
have filed for bankruptcy in the last five years,
而你们促使国会修改破产法
you got Congress to change the bankruptcy code
使他们不得不继续清偿信♥用♥卡♥债务
to make it next to impossible for people to discharge credit card debt.
你不想让人们知道信♥用♥卡♥产业
You don't want people to know that the credit card industry is
就像是一群穷凶极恶的土狗
在啃噬穷♥人♥的骨头 对吗?
essentially a pack of hyenas crunching on the bones of the poor, do you?
我闻到一阵臭味
I smell something awful.
我想是你这传来的
I think it's you.
是的 这个案子本身就是腐臭不堪
Yes, this case has the stench of big tobacco and asbestos all over it.
幸好我们事务所拥有位于美国
伦敦和香港等9家办事处
Luckily our firm has nine offices around the US, London and Hong Kong,
这是专为进行大规模的诉讼案而设置的
strategically positioned for massive class action suits.
因此 一旦你的公♥司♥也闻到了这股臭味
And once the company you represent smells it, too.
他们就会发现你既不聪明又没有能力
They'll find you're not nearly smart or powerful enough
然后他们就会发现作为一家
专业从事敲诈的公♥司♥
and they'll drop you for a firm that employs expertise and intimidation
请一个只会说废话和微笑握手的人是多余的
rather than down home hokum and smiley handshakes.
接下来就是我最喜欢的部分
And this is my favorite part,
当你的公♥司♥因为你丢掉了他们的客户
而解雇你时 噢 我的天!
when your firm fires your obsequiese ass for losing their client, oh, my God!
压力出现了! 你再也不能去晒太阳了
你的收入也变少了
The stress! Your tan will fade, you'll gain a few pounds,
你开始酗酒 向孩子们大喊
drink a bit more, scream at the kids,
而也许你的妻子最后会离开你
and maybe your wife will finally leave you.
嫁给那个卖♥♥掉你房♥子的房♥地♥产♥经纪人
For the realtor who sells your house
因为毕竟他还可以去阿鲁巴岛过圣诞
(阿鲁巴岛为荷属安的列斯群岛中的大岛)
because after all he'll still be able to afford Christmas in Aruba
还可以在下一年买♥♥一辆敞蓬车
and next year's convertible.
嗨 伙计 别担心
Hey, fella. Don't worry about it.
我只是说说而已
It'll be a hoot.
你还好吧?
You okay?
Brad!
Brad!
- 陪审团回来了
- 那么快?
- Jury's back.
- Already?
我们走吧
Let's go.
Shore先生...
Mr. Shore...
我能和你说几句吗?
May I borrow a moment of your time?
我要收取30%的利息
At 30 percent interest.
你知道你像什么吗?
You know what you are?
你就像把手♥枪♥
You're a pistol, that's what.
听着 你的话让我想了很多
Listen. I've thought a lot of many of the issues you raised.
而且 好吧 你感动了我
And, well, you touched me.
我有吗?
Did I?
我们绝对没有伤害Melissa的意图
It was certainly never our intent to victimize Melissa.
或者是限制她的经济自♥由♥
Or anybody for that matter in her financial constraints.
- 真的?
- 我和我的客户解释
- No?
- I talked to my clients.
传达我的看法 而且...
Relayed to them that, well...
你们被感动了
You were touched.
我们决定免除Melissa的债务和款项
We've decided to forgive all debts and loans to Melissa.
一笔勾销 你觉得怎么样?
Just wipe it clean. How about that?
- 现在我被感动了
- 当然...
- Now I'm touched.
- Of course...
我的客户很担心一旦开了先例
my people are concerned about precedent.
其他人也提出同样的要求的话...
And others demanding similar amnesty so...
我们的交易必须建立在保密的基础上
剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表