剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表
她说她现在已经戒掉了
Or at least, she was. She says she's clean now,
但是我还有所疑虑
but I have my suspicions.
如果她又开始吸毒
那么我的孙女可能就身处危险了
If she is using again, then my granddaughter could be in danger.
我的专业不是家庭法
但是我认识...
My specialty isn't family law. But what I know...
不不 你误解了
我不想要你的法律建议
No, no, you misunderstand. I don't want your legal advice.
我想让你找出我女儿是否又开始吸毒了
I want you to find out if my daughter is using drugs again.
Brad
如果说今年我学到了什么东西
Brad... if this year has taught me anything,
那就是你会采用任何必要的手段
来完成工作
it's that you will get the job done by any means necessary.
若非需要
我永远也不会问你这个的
I would never ask this of you unless it was essential.
当然 我会尽己所能
Absolutely. I'll do what I can.
想到了什么
What have you got?
第26修正案
The 26th amendment.
Karl Hauser拍了我的裸照
没有否定我的投票权
Karl Hauser was taking naked pictures of me, not denying me the vote.
第26修正案
不仅把这投票权扩展到18岁的人
The 26th amendment, which not only extended the right to vote to 18 year olds,
同时也说服国会承认他们成年人的资格
这是在1971年被批准的
but also persuaded the states to grant them status as adults, was ratified in 1971.
而照片是在1966年拍摄的
顺便说一句 那是我现在最喜欢的年份
The photos were taken in 1966. Which, by the way, is my new favorite year.
也是我的
And now mine as well.
当签署这一协议是我还未满21岁
I wasn't 21 when I signed that agreement.
法律上我是个未成年人
因此可以否认这个合约的合法性
I was legally a minor, and therefore can repudiate the contract.
我是个傻瓜
怎么没早想到这个
And I am an idiot. Why didn't I think of this sooner?
我会将其视为缘分或弗洛伊德式的东西
I'm going to credit karma or Freud.
不管哪种
都注定了我会发现并且为你
Either way, it's because I was destined to discover and revel
你身上所有的那些天然奇迹而欢呼
in the natural wonders of all that is you.
抱歉
Uh, excuse me.
我在寻找一些关于吸毒和痊愈的书
I'm looking for some books on addiction and recovery.
它们在那边的自选书架
Uh, yeah, they're in the self-help section right over there.
谢谢
Thanks.
这里 你知道哪本最好吗?
Is there, you know, one book that's better than the others?
这边请
This way.
这本给了一些关于早期的很好的建议
This one has some good advice on the early stages,
当你戒毒时...还有所有那些好的东西
when you're detoxing and... and all that wonderful stuff.
这本适用于你刚停止的那段时间
And, uh, this one is really good for that time rights after you've stopped.
当你试图让生活重回轨道时
When you're trying to figure out how to put your life back together.
你知道的可真不少啊
Well, you know a lot about this.
有五年三个月零七天没沾毒品了
Well, clean five years, three months and seven days.
这很困难 但是一旦你准备好了
你就能做到
It's hard, but when you're ready, you can get there.
谢谢
Thanks.
不客气
Sure.
你什么时候下班
Uh, what time do you get off work?
抱歉 我没别的意思
Oh, I'm sorry. I'm not coming on to you.
我只是希望我们能更多的谈谈
I was just hoping that we could talk some more.
我几乎找不到人可谈的了
I've sort of run out of people to talk to.
我7点下班
I get off at 7:00.
谢谢
Thanks.
不客气
我叫Rachel
Sure, I'm Rachel.
我是Brad 很高兴认识你
I'm Brad. Nice to meet you.
你要买♥♥下这些吗
You're buying those, right?
是的
Oh, right, right.
我挂了石膏灰胶纸夹板
它们大部分是用于工业建筑的
I, uh, I hang sheetrock, mostly for industrial buildings.
一个工匠 他有一双巧手 记下来
A craftsman. He works with his hands. Write that down.
还有什么
What else?
我一个人住 牙买♥♥加风格的平房♥
Oh, well, I live alone. Jamaica Plain.
我前妻留给了我这座房♥子
My ex-wife left me the house.
社区不坏 但相邻的社区不怎么样
It's not a bad neighborhood. But it does border one,
它容易被闯入
因为我还是用那些旧式的抬式窗户
and it's vulnerable because I have those old fashioned lever windows.
我买♥♥不起一个警报系统
I can't afford an alarm system.
在过去两年里我的房♥子
四次被破门而入
I've been broken into four times in the last two years.
瘾君子们 他们拿走了一切
Drug addicts, they take everything.
他们拿走了我的电视机
我的自行车 我的电力工具 我的吉他
They took my TV, my bike my power tools, my guitar.
音乐家 他写歌♥
Musician. He writes the songs.
最让我恼火的是
Uh, but, uh, what finally did it for me was when
我在给爸爸做一张茶几
I was building an end table for my father
让他放遥控器 喷雾器
for his television remote, his nebulizer
因为他有哮喘
'cause he has, uh, some asthma.
我做了一半了
有一个人闯进房♥子里来
And I'm halfway done, and some guy breaks into the house
他 他偷走了我的茶几锯子
and he.. and he steals my table saw.
我的茶几锯
My table saw!
我是说 就是这样
这就是我所能做的
I mean, that was it. That's... that was all I could take.
我不会用枪的
I'm not into guns.
这个别记
Don't write that down.
但是 我知道
我得做些事情
But I, uh, I knew that I... I had to do something.
所以我设置了我的小装置
So that's when I rigged up my little system.
只是一点小电流
吓一吓他们
You know, just a little jolt, you know, send them a little shock.
告诉我那晚发生了什么
你在家吗
Tell us what happened that night. You were at home?
是的
事实上 我醒着呢
Yeah, I was awake, actually.
我在把一些餐碟放进洗碗机
Um, I was putting some dishes away in the dishwasher.
我听见阳台上有响动
And I heard some noise on the porch.
我在想 来了
And I thought, here we go, this is it.
所以我走进了卧室
So I moved into the living room.
你看见他了吗
So you saw him?
是的
他就从那扇窗户里往里看
Yeah, he was looking right through the window.
他是个大湿背
(wetback湿背人 尤指进入美国的墨西哥人)
He's a big wetback, you know?
拉丁美洲人
Latino.
瘾君子
他很亢奋
Drug addict, I, He was completely high.
就算在房♥子里我也可以
从他的眼睛里看出来
I could see it in his eyes even from inside the house.
然后发生了什么呢
And then what happened?
他 他开始动窗户
Well, he... he starts for the window.
我不知道你是否见过
嗑crystal meth(冰♥毒♥)的人
Now I don't know if you've ever seen anyone on crystal meth
或者迷幻药 我不知道
不管怎样那家伙正在兴头上
or acid or, I don't know, whatever this guy was on.
但是 你知道他们很壮很脏
But, you know, they're big and they're ugly.
他们感觉自己是无敌的
And they feel like they're invincible.
他 他开始试图打开那扇窗户
So, he... he starts trying to pry open the window
用一把螺丝起子或别的东西
with a screwdriver or something.
然后 就是那样
and, uh... you know, that was it.
电流顺着螺丝起子流进了他的身体
The electricity went up the screwdriver into his body.
他 他形成了闭路
He... he completed the circuit.
真恐怖
Sound horrible.
老实说 不是的
Honestly, you know, it wasn't.
我是说 看看这个家伙
I mean, watching this guy.
就像是看到多年来
It was, it was like watching every guy who broke into my house
每一个闯入我的房♥子
偷走我的东西的家伙
over the years and took from me, stole my stuff.
我是指 他受到了应有的惩罚 不是吗
I mean, he was just getting what he deserved, right?
让我告诉你 最难以置信的是
Let me tell you the most unbelievable thing.
当你触电时
Did you know that when you get electrocuted,
你的血液事实上会沸腾
you know, your blood literally boils?
就在血管里
Right inside the veins.
电流就这样流过你的身体
That's how the electricity flows through your body,
通过你的血管
through you veins!
就像当时这个家伙 这个湿背
And so here's this guy. He's a wetback.
但是我看得到他的血管在皮肤下闪耀
But I could see his veins are glowing through his skin
当他被彻底击中时
as he was being charred from the inside out.
我 我能够闻到他的肉在燃烧
And I... I could smell his flesh burning.
很奇怪 闻上去就像是一块烤肉
Which was weird. It smelled like a... a roast.
一块精心制♥作♥的烤肉
A well deserved, cooked roast.
剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表