剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表
A high school teacher is
针对她学生的家长
seeking a temporary restraining order
向法庭申请临时限制令
against one of her student's parents.
他们担忧他们女儿的学业
They're hounding the woman day and
因此整天缠着她
night about their daughter's grades.
- 直升机父母
- 直升机父母?
- Helicopter parents.
- Helicopter parents?
现在大家都那么称呼这些家长
Well, that's what they call them now,
这些家长像直升机一样老是围着孩子转
you know, parents who hover around their kids,
试图完全控制他们孩子的生活
try to control every aspect of their lives.
那不就是偏执狂
That would be the Gerings.
嘿 有趣 我要参加
Well, cool, I'm in.
什么?
What?
我当你的副手
I want to second chair.
为什么不行? 我有法学学位 我可是民法硕士
Why not? I got my law degree. I keep up with my MCLEs.
你有没真正做个一个案子?
Have you ever actually tried a case?
没有 但是我一直很想试试
No, but I've always wanted to.
就当是帮一个垂死的孩子圆了他的梦想吧
Think of it as the make-a-wish foundation granting a dying kid his fantasy.
一个40多岁的有钱孩子
If that kid were a rich guy in his 40s.
而且 我说不定能帮你
Besides, I can probably help you.
我是列克星顿中学的董事会成员
我的孩子原来在那读书
I'm on the board of the Lexington school. My kids used to go there.
我们经常和直升机父母打交道
We deal with helicopter parents all the time.
那也许有用
That could be helpful.
可我必须取得委托人的同意
I would have to get the client's approval, though.
我可以搞定
I can get that.
而且我还要取得事务所合伙人的同意
And I would have to get one of the partners to agree.
看 有个合伙人就在那边
Looks like a partner right there.
- Daniel Post
- Denny Crane
- Daniel Post.
- Denny Crane.
- 我是这的客户
- 我是这的老板
- I'm a client.
- I'm a partner.
- Kreisberg-Pellum的首席执行官
- 我的名字在这的门上
- CEO, Kreisberg-Pellum.
- My name's on the door.
- 我喜欢这里
- 谢谢 我喜欢你的发型
- I love the offices.
- Thank you. I love your hair.
- 我有一架飞机
- 真的?
- I got a plane.
- Indeed?
但是这里颜色太单调了
Could use a little more color, though.
噢 我会记下的
I'll make a note.
我的未婚妻是卖♥♥办公家具的
My fiancee sells office furniture.
恭喜 我想认识她
Congratulations. I'd love to meet her.
我的俱乐部 星期四 那有Reuben三文治供应
My club, Thursdays. They serve Reubens.
有空一起飞飞
I'll take you flying.
哦 随便说句 我想和
Oh, by the way, I'd like to try
Bauer小姐一起试个案子
a case with Ms. Bauer over here.
有何不可? 周四见
Why not? See you Thursday.
周四见
Thursday.
看 这就是我打交道的方式
That's what I do. I make connections.
记得我们怎么认识的吗?
That's how we met, remember?
Shirley 我想你认识我的委托人
Shirley, I believe you know my client.
这个人不是应该呆在监狱里吗?
Why isn't this man in jail?
他有一个极好的律师
He has an excellent attorney
刚向上级法庭提出了一份紧急文书
who filed an emergency writ with the court of appeals,
而法官同意撤回这份不恰当的拒保动议
and the judge agreed the denial of bail was an abuse of discretion.
我很吃惊你那地方检察院里的仆人没有告诉你
I'm surprised your lackey at the DA's office didn't keep you abreast of this.
也许是你给的小费不够
Perhaps you didn't tip him enough.
他不能出现在这里
He's not to be in this building.
如果必要的话,我会申请限制令
I'll get a restraining order if I have to.
她讨厌我
She hates me.
她正在气头上呢
Tempers seem frayed all around.
因此我要申请延期动议
That's why I'm filing for a continuance.
让大家可以有点时间冷静一下
We'll let everyone cool down a bit,
然后坐下来谈判
then try again for a plea bargain.
不
No.
我不做诉辩交易
A plea bargain's out of the question.
要不是无罪要不是其他
It's not guilty or nothing.
但是你的确是犯罪了Jerry
But you are guilty, Jerry.
整个办公室的人都可以作证
A whole office full of people saw you do it.
我们的其中一位助理同事还
One of the junior associates took
用电♥话♥拍了一段录像
a video of you on his cell phone.
他原本想录下一段庆祝画面的
He's thinking of entering it in a film festival.
不做诉辩交易
No plea bargain.
暂时性精神错乱并不是
Proving temporary insanity is
一个很好的辩辞 你应该知道
a daunting task. You know that.
诉辩交易是
A plea bargain is our best
使你摆脱牢狱之灾的最好办法
chance to keep you out of jail.
如果我同意进行诉辩交易 我的律师生涯就完了
If I plea bargain, I'll be disbarred.
Alan 法律就是我的生命
Alan, my whole life is the law.
我所拥有的 我所爱的就剩下法律了
It's all I have. It's what I love.
你不能让他们剥夺我做律师的权利
You can't let them take that away from me.
那我们准备打官司吧
Then we go to trial.
去查查所有的法律 文章和新闻报导
Look up any case law, any articles, news reports,
所有能够说明
anything that supports the
办公地点的压力过大
theory that stress in the workplace
会导致个人
can lead to an individual
失去控制能力
losing control of themselves,
特别是引起精神异常现象
especially in the form of a violent outburst.
知道了
Got it.
Garrett
Hello, Garrett.
你不准帮Shore先生做任何
关于Espenson案子的事
You're not helping Mr. Shore on the Espenson case.
因为你是一个证人
Because you're a witness.
我相信你很明白这会存在利益冲突
I'm sure you're aware that would be a conflict of interest.
我只是帮他拿杯咖啡
I was just getting him coffee.
那么你同样也不准那么做
Well, you can't do that, either.
不过请给我来杯脱咖♥啡♥因♥咖啡
I'll take a decaf, though. Thanks.
谢谢你
Thank you.
Shirley 我明白我们现在有争执
Shirley, I know we're fighting,
但是也没有必要把孩子们牵扯进来吧
but there's no reason to take it out on the children.
Alan 看上去你会遇到很多困难
Alan, this looks like it could be tough on you,
特别是你不再有助手帮忙了
especially since you don't have an assistant anymore.
Shirley解雇了你?
Shirley fired you?
比那更糟 我被调到人事部
Worse. I got transferred to human resources
那里什么人都有
where all the people persons are.
她正在建一条中国长城
She's building a Chinese wall.
那是什么?
What's that?
一个法律术语
It's a legal concept.
将我与这个事务所所有与此事相关的人
It keeps anyone in the firm who may be involved
隔离开 以免我得到任何帮助
in this case from talking to me about it.
那你可真得变成孤家寡人了
Well, then you've got a big-ass wall around you.
Shirley正试图扰乱我的注意力
Shirley's just trying to rattle my cage.
只是一次临时调动
It's only a temporary transfer.
那么你不会因我装作看你不见
So you won't be mad if I ignore you in the hall
只是低头看着你的鞋子而生气吧?
and just look at your shoes?
我需要这份工作
I need my job.
那么我会穿双漂亮的鞋子
I'll try to wear nice shoes.
他们在周末晚上打电♥话♥给我
They call me at night on the weekends.
他们给我发e-mail 发手♥机♥短♥信♥
They e-mail, text-message my cell phone.
他们随时会来访
They drop by for impromptu
要求开一个会
parent-teacher conferences.
他们质疑所有的成绩和作业
They challenge every grade, every assignment.
最令我不能忍♥受的是
The last straw was when my
当我的姐妹临盆待产
sister was delivering her baby,
而我在旁边陪她时
and I was her coach.
他们打我的手♥机♥找我
They called me on my cell phone.
当我说Kathy正处于紧要关头
And when I said that Kathy was starting to crown,
他们居然问我什么时候可以结束
they asked when she'd be finished.
以便和我讨论Rachel做的关于<小红马>的功课
(《小红马》为美国当代著名作家斯坦倍克的作品)
So we could discuss Rachel's paper on "the red pony".
在以前 老师们把
It used to be that teachers spent
80%的时间花在学生上
80% of the time with the students.
剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表