剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表
Escalated a situation I was hoping to quash?
就是这意思
That's it.
Edwin
Edwin.
你做了什么医学或科学研究么?
Do you have any medical or scientific research
支持我们提出的诉讼请求
to back the claims laid out in our complaint?
一点也没有 可我们刚要开始呢
Not a shred, but we're just getting started.
我们会做那些调查的
We'll do that research,
你和我 像以前那样熬夜工作 哈?
you and I, burning the midnight oil like the old days, huh?
你可能没有机会去调查了
You may not get an opportunity to do research,
如果明天诉讼请求被驳回
很有可能
if the claim is dismissed tomorrow, which, at the moment, seems extremely likely.
胡说
Tosh.
Edwin 你为预审准备了什么么?
Edwin, have you prepared anything for the hearing?
完全没有
Not a thing.
好吧 那我就自己去准备了
Okay, then, I'll... I'll have to prepare something myself.
好的!
Yes!
呃 还有...还有 Edwin
Uh, and... and, Edwin.
我想单独呆着 能集中精神
I'll need you to leave me alone so that I can concentrate.
是的
Yes.
还有 Edwin
And, Edwin.
我真正需要你做的是
不要再起诉任何别人了
What I really need is for you not to sue anyone else.
好的
Yes.
你能做到的 Shirley 我知道你行
You can do it, Shirley. I know you can.
谢谢
Thank you.
你在思考
You're thinking.
以前我也做过这样的事
There was a day I used to do that.
我在想 让Kupfer作供可能是个错误
I'm thinking this may be a mistake, putting Kupfer on the stand.
这给了他机会
摆出之前的错误行为的证据
It gives him the opportunity to put prior bad acts in evidence,
那很明显为何他欣然同意
which is obviously why he so readily agreed.
如果他那么做
他给了你争取无效审判的机会
If he does that, he gives you grounds for a mistrial.
如果不是我开了头
Not if I've opened the door.
我必须非常小心 Denny
I've gotta be very careful, Denny.
我可能会在这把自己埋了
I could end up sinking myself here,
我有种感觉 他太了解了
which, I have a a feeling, he knows all too well.
也许我们应该休息下 他的案子很简单
Maybe we should just rest. His case is thin.
但可能够了
But possibly enough.
如果我输了 不介意坐牢
And if I lose, never mind jail.
这些是重罪
我的律师生涯将会结束
These are felony charges. My law career would be over.
以前这才不会让我困扰
And that never used to bother me.
因为你老了 你的优先原则改变了
Well, it bothers you because as you get older, your priority change.
你开始意识到...
You begin to realize...
你真正在乎的...是钱
what really matters... money.
我从没见你如此紧张
I've never seen you look so nervous.
除了夜惊 小丑
Well, except for night terrors and the clowns
女孩 语无伦次
and the girl and the word salad.
我从不欺骗自己
我一直都知道自己是什么下场
I've never kidded myself. I've always known how it would end for me.
我只是还没准备好
I'm just not ready for it yet.
可你总是忘了 结束那天
But what you keep forgetting is at the end of the day,
你有我陪着
you always have me.
我正迷上攀岩 自行车竞赛
I'm into rock climbing, competitive biking.
我想找一个能在身体和精神上
I want a woman who can keep up with me both physically
和我保持一致的
而且要非常性感的女人
as well as intellectually and who is also incredibly hot.
这才是我
That's who I am.
我仔细想过了 你是对的
I've given it some thought, and you're right.
我们之间没有浪漫的未来
我更珍惜我们之间的友谊
There's no romantic future between us, I value our friendship.
我不想破坏它
I don't want to screw that up.
如果你愿意回到以前那样 我也一样
So if you're okay with going back to the way things were, so am I.
只是朋友?
Just friends?
只是朋友
Just friends.
参与帮助被告逃脱检控
Conspiracy to aid a defendant to avoid prosecution.
难道不是辩护律师的职责么
Isn't that a defense lawyer's job?
要在法律约束范围内
Within the bounds of the law.
好吧 但肯定的是 如果你建议一个当事人
Okay, but certainly, if I were to advise a client,
不要告诉警♥察♥真♥相♥ 那可以么
do not tell the police the truth, that would be okay?
但你不能建议他撒谎 那不行
But if you advised him to lie, it would not.
你的行动过了头
And you took it a step further.
你建议你的当事人弃保潜逃
You advised your client to jump bail, to flee the jurisdiction.
没有 我告诉他这是唯一的选择
No, I told him it was his only option.
都一样的
Same thing.
不 可想想
No, but come on,
如果这个当事人来找我说
if the client comes to me and says,
"糟糕 照我看"
"Gee, as I look at things,"
"好象唯一不用坐牢的方法只有逃跑"
"it seems my only real shot at avoiding prison is to run,"
而这正巧是事实 我有法律义务去骗他说
我不这么认为?
and it happened to be true, I have a legal obligation to lie to my client, to disagree?
不是 但...
No, but...
而如果我同意了 我就犯罪了?
And yet if I agree, I've committed a crime?
如果同意可以构成建议他逃跑的一部分
是的 那就是犯罪
If that agreement can be construe as advising him to flee, yes, it's a crime,
顺便说 你的当事人没有去找你
并说出那番话
and by the way, your client didn't come to you and lay it all out.
是你对他说了那翻话 这就越界了
You laid it out to him, which crosses the line.
我清楚地告诉他 我不能建议他逃跑
I expressly told him I was not allowed to advise him to flee.
但始终传达给他了他应该怎么做的确切信息
While conveying to him all the while that that is exactly what he should do.
但我是个开玩笑的人 你知道的
But I'm a kidder. You know that.
我给你1万元放弃这个 不是么
I offered you $10,000 to drop this, did I not?
是的 不是一个明显的陷阱
Yes, as either a transparent attempt to entrap me
就是个想我被取消资格的疯狂计划
or a demented plan to have me recused.
关键是 你没把我的话当真
The point is, you didn't take me seriously.
但你声称我是严肃和Mkeba先生说的
But you claim I was serious with Mr. Mkeba.
实际上 你似乎知道
这超过了合理疑点的范围
You seem to know this beyond all reasonable doubt, in fact,
考虑到你当时不在场...
which, given you weren't even there...
你认为你在糊弄谁?
Do you think that you're fooling anybody?
你在糊弄谁 Kupfer先生?
这是个人恩怨
Do you, Mr. Kupfer? This is a personal grudge.
不 不是 不管我多么...
No, it isn't. However much I...
这快变成闲聊了
It's becoming jibber-jabber.
两周前 你没有在Thompson法官的法庭里
Did you not say in judge Thompson's courtroom two weeks ago
说你很想看到我受罪么
that you would like to see me suffer?
没有
No.
你说你唯一害怕是有人在你之前
You said your only fear was that someone would stab me
找到机会打击我
before you would get the chance to take me down.
你是要对这陪审团说你对我没有敌意么
Is it your testimony to this jury that you do not hold a grudge against me?
我的证词是 这次并不涉及对你的怨恨
It's my testimony that that grudge is not in play.
不涉及么
It's not in play?
不 没有
No, it is not.
无可否认 我不喜欢你
Admittedly, I do not like you.
起诉你让我很开心...
It makes me happy to be prosecuting you...
你蔑视我
You despise me.
好吧
All right.
告诉我原因
Tell us why.
哦 你当然告诉我说出原因
Oh, you would love for me to tell you why.
那就是无效审判成立了
我不说
That would be grounds for a mistrial. No.
我的个人感情使这次检控程序受到威胁
My grudge makes this prosecution a little more thrilling,
但你被审讯是因为你触犯了法律
but you're on trail because you broke the law.
反对 还没定罪呢
Objection. Calls for a legal ruling.
反对有效
Sustained.
你建议个被指控企图谋杀的当时人逃跑
You advised a client accused of attempted murder to flee.
那就是犯罪
That's a crime.
反对
Objection.
反对有效
Sustained.
也许你喜欢出庭作证
Perhaps you'd like to take the stand now,
在争论中展现你的个性
put your character in issue?
我的当时人信任我会告诉他们真♥相♥
让我感到自豪的信任
My client trusted me to tell him the truth, which trust I honored.
那就是我的个性 Kupfer先生
That's my character, Mr. Kupfer.
他们把会议日期定在今天下午晚些时候
Well, they calendared the meeting for later on this afternoon.
不 我知道它是伪造的
No, I know it's bogus.
但我可在约半小时赶到
But I could be there in about a half-hour.
剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表