剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表
这正是我们对我父亲做的
That's what we did with my father.
吗♥啡♥试剂
Morphine drip.
她喜欢读书胜过一切
She loved to read more than anything else in the world.
在最后几个月 她连这个都做不了
And in the last few months, she couldn't even do that.
那她身体的症状是什么?
What about the physical symptoms?
呃 她的神经控制能力渐渐衰退
这也是我们雇佣护士的原因
Ah, well, her motor control was declining, which is why we hired the nurse.
她与大小便失禁做斗争
She battled incontinence.
但是 基本上 这是她的大脑开始死亡的讯号♥
But mainly... it was the sense that her brain was dying.
她也知道这一点
And she knew it.
我的意思是 这是一种骄傲
一个高智商的女人
I mean, this was a proud, fiercely intelligent woman who...
渐渐变成一个弱智
不光是在每个人眼前
was becoming an imbecile, not only in front everybody else's eyes.
还在她自己眼前
But her own.
当她死时你在场吗?
Were you present when she died?
在 悲痛至极
Yes. It, it was tragic.
但是如果她继续活着将是更大的悲剧
But it pales to the tragedy had she gone on living.
你曾是律所合伙人?
You practiced law together?
我的第一间公♥司♥
My very first firm.
Tiggs and Schmidt事务所 它倒了
Tiggs and Schmidt. It flopped.
我们是很好的合伙人 但是互相厌恶
We were great partners, but lousy partners.
但是 很有趣
But boy, it was fun.
嗨
Come on!
噢 天哪!
Oh, God!
预演宴席的安排
Directions to the rehearsal dinner.
在八点 你可以带个伴
In a Eight oclock! You can bring a date!
你认为很有趣?
You think It's funny?
是的
I do.
你和我一起 八点!我可以带个伴!
You're coming with me. Eight o'clock! I can bring a date!
大家好!下面我来致辞!
Hellooo! time for my toast.
我为什么会在这里?
Why am I here?
我为什么也在这里?
Why am I?
首先 我很感谢大家今晚能到场
First, I'd like to thank you all for coming tonight...
我要忏悔
I have a confession to make.
我从没有认真想过我会结婚
I never really thought I'd get married.
我一直一来都很希望 但是……
I'd always hoped to, but... well...
从没想到我会真正碰到一个男人
the thought that I'd actually meet a man who could look past my various
他会透过我的各种古怪行为甚至怪癖
看到我的内心
eccentricities and quirks and see me for my heart.
我从没想到我能碰到这样的男人
I never thought I'd actually meet a man who...
Perhaps I had a wicked childhood
(也许我有一个不好的童年时光)
Perhaps I had a wicked childhood
你一定在开玩笑
You have gotta be kidding.
Perhaps I had a miserable youth
(也许我有一个悲惨的青年时期)
Perhaps I had a miserable youth
But somewhere in my wicked
miserable past(但是在我悲惨的过去)
But somewhere in my wicked miserable past
There must have been a moment of truth
(一定有着真实的一刻)
There must have been a moment of truth
- 我被耍了吗?
- 镇定点
Am I being punked? Be nice.
For here you are standing there loving me
(你站在这里爱着我)
For here you are standing there loving me
Whether or not you should
(无论你是否应该这么做)
Whether or not you should
So somewhere in my youth or childhood
(因此在我的过去某一刻)
So somewhere in my youth or childhood
I must've done something good.
(我定是做对了什么)
I must've done something good.
得了 预演宴席本来就比较无聊
Come on, rehearsal dinners are meant to be silly.
让我们回顾下三十年前我们那时候的事
Let me take you back thirty years or so to ours.
我不想再揭过去的伤疤
I don't relive past traumas.
我只是想带你回顾一下
Then let me just take you back.
Ivan 你真的爱这个女孩吗?
Do you really love this girl, Ivan?
Shirley 爱是一种心理的状态
Love is a state of mind, Shirley.
不 不是 也许那是你的问题 你认为……
No, It's not, maybe that's your problem, you think.
我的问题是 我爱你
My problem is I love you.
噢 我说出来了
我爱你 从没有停止过
There, I said it. I love you. Never stopped.
你对这个女孩所做的事不公平
This isnt fair what you're doing to this girl.
我对她有很深的爱慕
I have enormous affection for her.
性就是回报 我让她很高兴
The sex is rewarding. I make her happy.
这一切都达到了平衡
All adds up to a workable equation.
你的浪漫感觉真是压倒一切
Your sense of romance is overwhelming.
我们总是说 我们的婚姻真是一个错误
We always said what a mistake it was for us to get married?
也许更大的错是离婚
Maybe the blunder was splitting up.
你曾经疑惑吗?
Do you ever wonder?
不
No.
我能在婚礼前最后吻新娘一次吗?
May I kiss the bride one last time before the ceremony?
我是伴郎 很糟糕的主意
I'm the best man. Very bad idea.
现在很浪漫
Now that was romance.
是的
Yes it was.
晚安 Ivan
Good night, Ivan.
事情是这样的
The thing is, dad,
当我不知道你是否会回到我的生命时
我能处理这种心情
I can handle not knowing whether you're in my life or not,
但是Fiona问我 外公会回来吗?
but Fiona's asking me, Is Grandpa ever coming back?
我得知道怎么回答她
I gotta know what to tell her.
你想要我回到你的生命吗?
Do you want me in your life?
你能把指控变成疑问 这很好
It's nice how you can put accusations in question form.
让我试试 你的意思是
我们的不和是因为我的行为
Let me try. Did you mean to suggest our estrangement was my doing
而不是你三年多不接我的电♥话♥?
when it was you refusing to so much as take my phone calls for three-plus years?
是这样吗?
How's that?
关上门
Close that door.
你曾说 她情绪不稳定
I heard you say that she was emotionally unstable.
有没可能她的决定受这种不稳定性的影响?
Is it possible her decision was influenced by this instability?
没有
No.
没有?
No?
你有没请过心理医生或者专家来跟她谈
did you have a therapist or any trained professional
关于她的明显想死的念头?
speak with her about her apparent wish to die?
我比任何专家都更了解我的妻子
I knew my wife better than any therapist ever could,
而且她想死的意愿外表上看不出来
and her wish to die was not apparent.
你曾说 她变成一个弱智
You, you stated that she was becoming an imbecile.
这对你来说必定很难以承受
That must have been excruciating for you.
那么她的死对你是一种解脱吗?
Was it a relief in any way at all when she died?
当看到她的痛苦终结 这是一种解脱
It was a relief to see her suffering end.
我们抱歉提出这样的问题
I'm sorry to be asking these questions.
只是有时候 在这种情景下
It's just sometimes, in these situations It's actually
这确实是解除家人的痛苦而不是受害者的
more about sparing the family's suffering than it is the victims.
反对!
Objection!
反对无效
The objections overruled.
你还好吗 Crane先生?
Are you alright, Mr Crane?
先生 你每个月花费多少时间照顾你的妻子?
Sir, how much was it costing you per month to care for your wife?
你知道吗 我想下一秒就把拳头砸在你头上!
You know, I, I'm just about one second away from taking a fist to your head.
Myerson先生!
Mr. Myerson!
刚才对我的攻击很冲动
你是个冲动的人吗?
That strikes me as impulsive. Are you an impulsive person?
法官阁下 这次盘问的时间够久了
Your Honor, this badgering has gone on long enough.
我只是想陈述
Myerson先生和死者
I am simply trying to establish that Mr Myerson and the deceased
是两个情绪失常的人
were the two most emotionally disabled people in all of this,
两个最不该被给予权利
the very last two people who should be entrusted
来结束人的生命的人
to make a decision to end human life.
抱歉 我昨晚丢失了一颗假牙
I'm sorry. I lost a crown on my tooth last night;
我想问你是否吞下了它
I was wondering whether perhaps you swallowed it.
你对所发生的一切不感到羞愧吗?
Aren't you ashamed of what... happened?
不 但是我看到你是这样 所以我掩饰了
No, but I can see you are, so were covered.
Ivan 你要结婚了 但是你吻了另一个女人
Ivan! You are getting married, and you're kissing another woman.
不是随便一个女人就行的 我保证
Not just any woman. I promise.
你不能跟这个女孩结婚 只要……
You simply cannot marry this girl, not if...
只有一件事可以阻止它发生
Theres only one thing that can stop it.
是什么?
And that is?
我正在看着她呢
I'm lookin at her.
最后一次 嫁给我
Final offer. Marry me.
你疯了
You're out of your mind.
你没有说 不
You didn't say, No.
不
No.
剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表