剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表
他们会辩称你的复仇心理是针对你的父亲
They'll argue that your vengeance is truly meant for your father,
而你把它发泄到"Well Benefits"身上
and you've refocused it toward Well Benefits,
从而有机会获得高额的赔偿
the deepest pockets you could find.
他们会让陪审团判定这是误导
And they'll have the jury convinced it's a misdirected
因此诉讼无效 我们将会输掉
and therefore frivolous lawsuit, and that's how we'll lose.
我想获取你的信任是一件困难的事
I suspect the most difficult thing one could ask of you is trust,
但是这正是我现在对你的要求Emily
but that's exactly what I'm asking for now, Emily.
我们回到庭里吧
Let's get in there.
Shore先生...
Mr. Shore...
我希望你可以到庇护所去
I wish I could get you to come to the shelter.
那儿有许多绝望的女性需要法律建议
So many of the women there desperately need legal advice,
需要某人坦诚和真诚地和她们交流
someone who will speak to them openly and honestly.
她们可爱吗?
Are they cute?
你骗不了我
You don't fool me.
你是一个富有同情心的人
You're a compassionate man.
我们需要回到庭上了
We need to get back.
Ned Hayden杀害了他的妻子
Ned Hayden killed his wife.
他被判处无期徒刑而且不允许假释
He's serving a life sentence without the possibility of parole.
正义已经得到伸张
Justice has been served.
Emily Hayden受到的伤害是无法估量的
Emily Hayden's loss is immeasurable,
但是无论她在寻找什么慰藉
but whatever closure she is seeking,
她必须要通过内心或者诉诸上帝
she must find it in her soul or through her God,
而不是通过起诉"Well Benefits"公♥司♥来实现
not through suing Well Benefits.
"Well Benefits"没有理由会预见到这次杀害
Well Benefits could not reasonably foresee this killing
也没有做起到任何推动作用
and did nothing to encourage it.
他的网络安全性是符合联邦和州
They were in compliance with all state
的相关规章制度的
and federal regulations regarding internet security.
如果你们做出对原告的有利判决
If you find for the plaintiff,
你们就是因我的委托人依法行事而处罚他
you are punishing my client for playing by the rules,
这样一来 你们就开启了潘多拉之盒
and you are opening a Pandora's box of lawsuits,
不单只牵连到各个HMO公♥司♥
而是所有的网上商业行为
not just against HMOs, but against all internet businesses.
而最终谁会为这一切买♥♥单?
And who will ultimately end up paying for that?
你们知道 是你们自己
You know. It's you.
在我11岁的时候
When I was 11 years old,
有一段时间 我对我姐姐的生活感到
there came a time when the temptation
十分好奇 探知她的秘密的强大诱惑力
to explore the more secretive recesses
使我沉迷其中无法自拔
of my older sister's life became more than I could resist.
我开始在她的房♥间附近闲荡
I started by poking around in her room.
而最终我读了她的日记 而我的理由是
I ended by reading her diary. In my defense,
她把日记本公然地放在她的床垫底下
she kept it right out in the open, under her mattress.
而那小小的金属锁头显然对
And the little metal clasp on it was simply no match
回形针和螺丝起子不起作用
for the paper clip and the screwdriver.
我最后被抓到了
I was eventually caught,
导致我姐姐在门上装了把锁
prompting my sister to have a lock installed in her door.
我入侵我姐姐的隐私的唯一后果是
The only consequence of the invasion of my sister's privacy
我在一段时期内失去了她的信任
was the temporary loss of her confidence and trust.
而入侵Jackie Hayden隐私的后果
The invasion of Jackie Hayden's privacy
导致了她被刺伤和在街头流血致死
led to her being stabbed and left to bleed to death in the street.
隐私 安全保障
Privacy and the safety and security
这些词所蕴含的意义
在时间流逝和科技发展中
that that word has always implied has, with time and technology,
已经变成了幻想
become an illusion.
国♥家♥安♥全♥局
The national security agency
通过他们的Echelon系统可以查看我们的
电子邮件(Echelon系统是美国的情报系统)
has access to all our e-mail the world over with its Echelon system.
事实上我们浏览的每一个网站
Virtually every web site you visit
都会在你的电脑里安装一个美味的"曲奇"
(Cookie这里指的是当你访问某个站点时 随某个
HTML网页发送到你的浏览器中的一小段信息)
installs a delicious cookie onto your computer,
事实上它是一个间谍
可以追踪你网上的活动
which is in fact a spy to track your every move.
当你们的孩子在聊天室里聊天时
There are predators out in cyberspace collecting data on your children
有人正伺机收集他们的信息
while they innocently type away in chat rooms.
你们在医生诊所里签下的小文件
And that little waiver you've signed in the doctor's office
将允许你的医生将你的信息放上网
most likely allows physicians to share your information on the internet
和保险公♥司♥
with insurance companies,
政♥府♥ 你的雇主还有法庭共享
the government, your employer and the courts.
没错 要获取你的信息非常容易
Make no mistake, access to your information is easy.
你所需的只是个人的五位数字编码
All you need is a person's 5-digit zip code,
性别及出生日期
gender and date of birth to uniquely identify
就能够识别美国87%的人口
87% of the US population.
我们就是这么的脆弱 你们就是这么的脆弱
That is how vulnerable we are, how vulnerable you are.
Well Benefits说他们不可能预见到
Well Benefits says they could not have possibly foreseen
那位丧心病狂的丈夫会这样伤害他的妻子
the actions of an abusive spouse intent on causing his wife harm.
让我告诉你们Jackie Hayden
所没能预料到的是什么
Let me tell you what Jackie Hayden could not foresee,
在忍♥受了那么多年她丈夫的
that after years of cruel and violent
粗鲁和暴♥力♥对待后
debasement at the hands of her husband,
她最终从阴影中走了出来
after she finally found her way out of the shadows,
她没有预见的是她所信任的人
she didn't foresee that the people she most trusted
她托付健康和幸福的人
with her health and well-being would
会让她重新面对黑暗的过去
lead the darkness right back to her door,
而现在她死了
and now she's dead.
Well Benefits使Ned Hayden
很容易就找到了他的妻子
Well Benefits made it easy for Ned Hayden to find his wife,
就像找床垫下的东西一样
as easy as looking under a mattress.
陪审团主席 你们达成一致意见了吗?
Madame foreperson, you've reached a verdict?
是的 法官阁下
We have, your honor
是什么?
What say you
我们裁定原告胜诉
We the jury find in favor of the plaintiff
补偿赔偿金为
and award compensatory
95万美元
damages in the amount of $950,000
而惩罚性赔偿金为2百万美元
and punitive damages in the amount of $2 million.
法官阁下 我们提请
Your honor, we move for a
法官径自判决动议 (在陪审团裁决后被告
辩护律师可以向法官提出请求法官
不理会陪审团裁决而径自判决的申请)
judgment notwithstanding the verdict,
或者案件重新审判动议
(陪审团裁决被告要付原告的损害赔偿金额
过高或不当时律师可以提出重新审判申请)
or in the alternative, a new trial.
动议被否决
Motion denied.
陪审团可以解散了 休庭
Jury is dismissed. We are adjourned.
谢谢你
Thank you.
- 谢谢你 Shore先生
- 你客气了
- Thank you, Mr. Shore.
- You're welcome.
我知道你能赢 Shore先生
I knew you could win this, Mr. Shore.
这种案子通常都稳赢的
Well, that's usually the safe bet.
我想知道 一个迷人的拉丁女性
Tell me, how does a striking latino
为什么会取名叫Irma Levine?
woman come by the name Irma Levine?
恭喜你赢得了这场官司 谢谢你
Congratulations on winning your case. Thank you.
- 干得漂亮
- 谢谢
- Great work.
- Thank you.
我必须去和地区检察官谈谈Catherine的事
I have to go see the DA about Catherine.
你要去哪吗?
Are you heading somewhere?
还是只是等待?
Or just waiting?
不 我明显不会再等了
No, I'm definitely not waiting.
放了她?
Let her go?
- 你怎么了 啃药了?
- 还没呢
- What are you, high?
- Not yet.
她已经杀了一个人了
She already murdered a man.
陪审团裁定她无罪
For which a jury found her innocent.
而现在她肆意地犯罪
And now she's on a crime spree.
两次都在同一间
Twice in the same
便利店里说不上是肆意吧
convenience store hardly makes a spree.
那你称她为什么 一个活跃的老人?
Then what would you call her, an active senior?
不
No.
我会称她为一个孤独而悲伤的老妇人
I would call her a sad and lonely old woman,
一个多年来一直孤独生活
a woman who spent many years living in solitude
没办法施展才华的女性
with nothing to occupy her wit and intellect.
然后有一天 她成为了我的助手
Then one day, she became my assistant,
突然间 她在这个环境中
and suddenly she was in an
找到了可以施展她的才华
environment equal to the task of entertaining
的途径
and stimulating her magnificent mind.
那么她应该从事
Then she should have taken up
钩编工艺之类的活动 而不是去抢劫
crocheting, not felony robbery.
剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表