剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表
Jerry, I made the decision to do what I did here.
比如 我会承担全部的责任
As such, I take full responsibility.
上帝啊 没人会那么做的
Good God, man. Nobody does that.
我搞定了 我找到了案子的关键了
I have done it. I have cracked the case.
我假设 从论点上
不能起诉糖尿病
I'll assume, for the sake of argument, one cannot sue diabetes.
谢谢
Thank you.
起诉导致糖尿病的原因更好
Better to sue the cause of the disease, the proximate cause.
这才是一个律师说的话
Now there's lawyer talk.
谢谢
Thank you.
所以我昨晚和Pete谈了谈
So I sat down with Pete last night.
是Phil
Phil.
对 我查看了他的食谱
追溯到他的童年
Right. And I went over his diet, going way back to when he was a child.
加起来 我们详细分♥析♥了他的饮食习惯
那个...哈哈
Together, we dissected his eating habits, which... ha ha.
我认为我们找到了
我们找到了他得糖尿病的原因
So I think we found it. We found the cause of his diabetes.
高果糖玉米糖浆
我们今天就提出诉讼申请
High fructose corn syrup. We're filing today.
你要起诉玉米糖浆
You're suing corn syrup.
是的 它的制♥造♥商
Yes, the makers of it.
玉米糖浆的制♥造♥者
目标市场是公众么
Do the makers of corn syrup market directly to the public?
那 不 可我 我 我 我不明白...
Well, no. But I, I, I don't see how...
好吧
all right.
你是合伙人
You're a partner.
你是伪君子
You're a hypocrite.
你教我不要去表达自己的感觉
You lecture me on not being able to express my feelings.
同时
你像Denny的肾结石那样压抑自己
Meanwhile, you keep your bottle up like one of Denny's kidney stones.
呃 你碰到我了 那是攻击
Uh, you're touching me. That's battery.
我们上♥床♥了
We had sex.
高兴了?
Happy?
我说了那个字眼
I said the word.
我34岁了 当我遇到一个男人
我想将来
I am 34 years old. When I meet a man, I think long term.
"他有可能是我孩子的父亲么"
"Is he potentially the father of my children?"
你不是 时不时 我会想
"管他呢"
You're not. Every now and again, I'll think, "what the hell,"
"曾经快乐就行"
"have some fun in the short term".
但不是和办公室里的人
But not with somebody from the office.
太难缠 太复杂
Too messy. Too complicated.
你应该更清楚
You should know better.
他从没告诉我
他建议Mkeba逃离管辖区域
He never told me he advised Mr. Mkeba to flee the jurisdiction.
他没有 他没有
He did not. He did not.
好的 好的
Okay, okay.
那在Mkeba先生逃走之后
Well, after Mr. Mkeba did flee,
被告有没有暗示你
did the defendant indicate to you in any other way
他可能提供了这个建议
that he might have proffered this advice?
没有 没有 没有 没有
Nope. No, no, no.
那你告诉大家 Espenson先生
为何之后Shore先生被逮捕了呢
Well, then can you tell us, Mr. Espenson, why after Mr. Shore was arrested,
你是来说服我
Shore先生让当事人逃跑
did you come racing to me to say it was all your fault
这都是你的错?
that Mr. Shore told the client to run?
我说的是
What I said was,
如果Shore先生给了那样的建议
而我并不知情...
if Mr. Shore gave such advice and I have no knowledge that he did...
那就是我的错
因为是我彻底搞砸了Mkeba的审讯
it was my fault since I had so totally screwed up Mr. Mkeba's trial,
让他除了逃跑别无选择
leaving him no option but to run.
Espenson先生 你很喜欢
为别人做过的事承担责任么
Mr. Espenson, do you typically take responsibility
即使你认为他们没做过?
for what other do even when you think they haven't done it?
没有问题了
Nothing further.
Denny 不是现在 等到结案陈词
Denny, not now. The closing.
没问题了
No questions.
事实上 我们可以起诉软饮料制♥造♥商
The truth is, we could sue the soft drink manufacturers
小麦和玉米的种植者
和所有那些甜食的制♥造♥者
and the wheat and corn growers and the makers of all those sugary cereals.
我们甚至 也许
起诉联邦政♥府♥不管制这些食物...
We could even, perhaps, sue the federal government for not regulating these foods...
你知道这事么
Did you know about this?
当然不知道
Of course not.
我们需要联♥系♥他的医生
看看他到底怎么了
We need to contact his doctor, find out what the hell is going on.
先从L'il Jimmey的Yum Dingers开始
因为这是Bob...
Start with L'il Jimmey's Yum Dingers because this is what Bob...
是Phil
Phil.
Phil Mickle成长时吃得最多的
Phil Mickle grew up eating more than anything else.
我的当事人已经...
My client has been...
他要起诉点心蛋糕?
He's suing a snack cake?
...自从他5岁起每天都吃掉
...consuming three packages of these delicious treats
3包这样的美味小吃
every day of his life since he was 5 years old.
而我们会证明它们和香烟一样有害
And we are going to prove that they are as deadly as cigarettes.
你看到那么多人了么
Did you see that turnout?
今晚每个电视新闻都会报道的
It'll be on every network news tonight.
Edwin Poole回来了 知道么?
Edwin Poole is back. You know what?
这是个机会 Shirley 我能感觉到
It's a niche, Shirley. I can feel it.
我将会成为告倒大糖果公♥司♥的律师
I'm gonna be the lawyer who brings down big sugar.
Edwin
Edwin.
什么事?
Yeah?
请坐
Have a seat.
好吧
Okay.
Edwin
Edwin.
你刚才要起诉Lillian公♥司♥
You just sued the Lillian Corporation.
而这感觉不错
And it feels good.
你称他们的点心蛋糕是毒药
比香烟更毒
You called their snack cakes poison, deadlier than cigarettes.
我支持这一点
I stand behind it.
他们可以告你 Edwin 还有我们
They could sue you, Edwin, and us.
哦 打住
Oh, stop it.
别傻了 我有豁免权
Don't be silly. I have qualified immunity.
只有当你在庭上说时才有效
Only for what you say in court.
豁免权不能包括记者招待会 Edwin
That immunity does not extend to press conferences, Edwin.
你刚指控世上最大最顶尖的联合企业
销♥售♥毒药
You just accused the world's largest vertically integrated conglomerate of selling poison.
而你是在你作为律师的公♥司♥里说的
And you did it in your capacity as a lawyer of this law firm.
他们提出了驳回指控的动议
They brought a motion to dismiss,
他们已经起诉我们诽谤了
and they've counterclaimed for defamation.
现在我们是目标了
Now we're the target.
他们动作真快
They didn't waste any time.
今早他们也已经向Phil取了证词
They're also deposing Phil this morning.
正式通知呢?
What about notice?
我放弃了 希望换来和谈
I waived it in the hopes of getting them in the room today.
如果我们同意撤消Phil的索赔
If we agree to dismiss Phil's claim,
也许我能让他们放弃对我们的起诉
maybe I can get them to drop the suit against us.
这事就能解决了
And this whole thing will go away.
那我们怎么解决Edwin呢
Now how do we get Edwin to go away?
让我们先处理这案子吧
然后再到Edwin
Let's just deal with this case first, then we'll turn to Edwin.
Shore先生告诉我
我们可能会输掉官司
Mr. Shore informed me that we would lose the trial,
我将会被宣告有罪
and that I would be convicted.
企图谋杀?
Of attempted murder?
是的
Yes.
Shore先生还说了什么么
Mkeba先生
What else did Mr. Shore say, Mr. Mkeba?
他告诉我可能
唯一不用坐牢的选择就是逃跑
He told me that perhaps my only option at avoiding prison was to run,
但作为律师公会会员
他不会建议我那么做
but as a member of the bar, he could not advise me to do so.
那你理解Shore先生的话
Now you interpreted Mr. Shore's statement
是让你逃离管辖区域?
to mean that you should flee the jurisdiction?
反对 误导证人
Objection. Leading.
反对有效
Sustained.
那你怎么理解Shore先生的话
How did you interpret Mr. Shore's statement?
我要提醒你 先生
你已经宣过誓了
And I would remind you, sir, you are under oath.
我猜意思是 如果他是我 他会跑
I guess I felt that if he were in my shoes, he would run.
但作为一名律师
他不被允许那么建议我
But as a lawyer, he was not allowed to advise me to do so.
是的 和Shore先生交流之后
剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表