剧集 | 马男波杰克 | 导航列表
用惊讶的目光看着他娶的这个
and watch in awe, as this cynical,
愤世嫉俗 卑劣不堪的女人翩然起舞
despicable woman he married... took flight.
作为一个被我爸妈吓坏了的小孩
And as a child who was completely terrified of both my parents,
这一刻在我心中的感觉却是那么美好
I was always aware that this moment of grace,
此中定有深意
it meant something.
某种程度上 我们是互相理解的
We understood each other, in a way.
我和我妈还有我爸 我们虽然都悲惨不堪
Me and my mom and my dad, as screwed up as we all were,
但确实都相互理解
we did understand each other.
我妈妈非常明白她的整个人生仿佛就像
My mother, she knew what it's like to feel your entire life
水慢慢没过头顶般溺水 但这些时刻是例外
like you're drowning with the exception of these moments,
这些非常稀少 短暂的瞬间
these very rare, brief instances,
此时你突然记起 你是会游泳的
in which you suddenly remember... you can swim.
但是我再次强调 大多数时候不是
But, then again, mostly not.
大多数时候都是溺水状态
Mostly you're drowning.
她也明白这点
She understood that too.
她也知道我和爸爸也明白这点
And she recognized that I understood it. And Dad.
我们三人都淹在水里
All three of us were drowning,
我们不知道如何拯救对方
and we didn't know how to save each other,
但我们都明白
but there was an understanding
我们要一起溺水而亡
that we were all drowning together.
在医院里她说"我看到你了"时
I would like to think that's what she meant
我想这就是她想表达的意思
when we were in the hospital and she said, "I see you."
奇怪的是 当你父母皆亡时
The weird thing about both your parents being dead
这意味着下一个死的就是你了
is it means that you're next.
我是说
I mean, you know,
当然并不是说死亡还有排队叫号♥的
obviously it's not like there's a wait list for dying.
任何时候 我们谁都有可能
Any one of us could get run over
让一个正自♥拍♥的青少年开车撞死
by a Snapchatting teen at any moment.
你们以为明了这一点
And you would think that
会让自己显得更具冒险精神
knowing that would make us more adventurous,
更加和善宽容
and kind, and forgiving.
但这让我们变得渺小愚蠢 微不足道
But it makes us small, and stupid, and petty.
其实我最近就有一次濒死经历
I actually had a near-death experience, recently.
做特技失败了 我摔下了楼顶
A stunt went bad and I fell off a building.
我是个演员 亲自上阵演特效
I'm an actor. I do my own stunts.
我出演新剧《菲尔伯特》
I'm on this new show Philbert.
我演菲尔伯特 本剧主演
I'm Philbert. Star of the show.
剧还没播出 但艾美奖已经频频来电了
It hasn't come out yet, but it's already getting Emmy buzz.
说到这个
Oh, speaking of buzz...
我应该每天早晨吃两片这药
I'm supposed to take two of these every morning,
但我的日子因为拍摄日程搞得一团糟
but my days are so screwed up 'cause of the shooting schedule,
我连早晨是什么意思都不知道了
I don't even know what morning means anymore.
我这段话里埋了个笑话的
There's a joke in there somewhere,
说的是一个人出席了太多次葬礼
about a guy who's been to so many funerals,
早晨和哀悼音似
最后连哀悼是什么意思都不知道了
he doesn't even know what mourning means anymore.
你们自己想笑点在哪儿吧
Let you guys figure that one out for yourselves.
总之 你们知道我摔下大楼
Anyway, you know what I thought...
进入恐慌模式时 我是怎么想的吗
when I was falling off the building and I went into panic mode?
我愚蠢的大脑
The last thing that my
在死前想到的最后一件事是什么
stupid brain could come up with before I died?
他们不会难过吗
"Won't they be sorry."
想得漂亮 大脑
Cool thought, brain.
不 这个不是...
No, that wasn't...
你能不能...重来好吗
Would you just... Dial it back, all right?
我都不知道我希望会难过的"他们"都是谁
I don't even know what "They" I wanted to be sorry.
我妈在死之前几乎都记不得我是谁
My mom, even before she died, could barely remember who I was.
而且当然 我爸已经死了
And of course, my dad's dead.
我和他最后一次说话谈的是他的小说
The last conversation I ever had with him was about his novel.
他当时那么坚信 这本书会成就他的传奇
He was so certain this book was his legacy.
或许他以为这本书能证明
Maybe he thought it would vindicate him
他在这毫无价值的愚蠢一生里
for all the shitty things
做过的所有破事都是对的
he ever did in his stupid worthless life.
或许是吧 我也不知道 我从没读过
Maybe it did. I don't know. I never read it.
我为什么要让他如愿呢
Because why would I give him that?
我曾出演过一部叫《胡闹的小马》的剧
I used to be on this TV show called Horsin' Around.
说真的 先忍♥着别鼓掌
Seriously, hold your applause.
忍♥得真好
Well held.
剧本是我朋友赫比·哈萨克写的 他也死了
It was written by my friend Herb Kazzaz, who's also dead now,
剧中女主的扮演者名叫萨拉·琳
and it starred this little girl named Sarah Lynn.
电视剧讲的是孤儿的事
And it was about these orphans.
一开始时 网上有条建议
And early on, the network had a note,
"或许别总提起他们是孤儿的事
"Maybe don't mention they're orphans so much,
因为观众会觉得孤儿很可怜 没有共鸣"
because audiences tend to find orphans sad and not relatable."
但我从来没觉得那些孤儿很可怜
I never thought the orphans were sad.
我一直觉得他们很幸运
I always thought they were lucky
因为他们可以随意想象
because they could imagine
自己的父母是自己想要的样子
their parents to be anything they wanted.
他们有期盼
They had something to long for.
不管怎么样 我们拍一集季终集时
Anyway, we did this one season finale,
是讲奥利维亚的生母回到镇上
where Olivia's birth mother comes to town.
她是个瘾君子 但是戒干净了
And she was a junkie, but she's gotten herself cleaned up,
她想重新回到奥利维亚的身边
and she wants to be in Olivia's life again.
当然了 她就像奥利维亚长大后的完美复刻
And of course, she's like a perfect grown-up version of Olivia,
她们一起去商场
and they go to the mall together
一起打耳洞 就像她一直想要的那样
and get her ears pierced, like she's always wanted and--
抱歉 如果你还在奇怪我说的是什么剧
Sorry, spoiler alert for the season six finale of Horsin' Around,
《快乐的小马》第六季季终剧透预警
if you're still working your way through it.
然后小马想提醒她 "小心点
Anyway, the horse tries to warn her, "Be careful,
妈妈总会让你失望"
moms have a way of letting you down."
但是奥利维亚认为小马只是在嫉妒
But Olivia just thinks the horse is jealous,
然后当妈妈说她要搬到加州去后
and when the mom says she's moving to California,
奥利维亚决定和她一起走
Olivia decides to go with her.
然后电视台简直给大家吊足了胃口
And the network really juiced the cliffhanger:
"奥利维亚永远离开了吗"
''Is Olivia gone for good?''
但当然了 这是电视剧 她不会永远离开
But of course, because it's a TV show, she was not gone for good.
当然了 这是电视剧
Of course, because it's a TV show,
奥利维亚的妈妈复吸 回到了戒毒所
Olivia's mother had a relapse and had to go back to rehab,
于是奥利维亚只能一路搭车回家
so Olivia had to hitchhike all the way home,
一路遇见了T先生 埃尔夫和斯坦普的人
getting rides from Mr. T, Alf, and the cast of Stomp.
当然会这样了
Of course that's what happened.
因为你还能怎么办 把奥利维亚砍掉吗
Because, what are you gonna do, just not have Olivia on the show?
情景喜剧不会有圆♥满♥大结局 不会的
You can't have happy endings in sitcoms, not really,
因为如果大家都很开心 那剧就结束了
because, if everyone's happy, the show would be over,
不管怎么样 剧...得继续拍
and above all else, the show... has to keep going.
永远有更多集
There's always more show.
你可以说《快乐的小马》蠢 烂或者不现实
And you can call Horsin' Around dumb, or bad, or unrealistic,
但这才是最现实的情况
but there is nothing more realistic than that.
你不会看到圆♥满♥结局 因为永远有更多集
You never get a happy ending, 'cause there's always more show.
可能直到最终没有了吧
I guess until there isn't.
我妈妈要是知道我在她的葬礼上
My mom would hate it if she knew
花了这么多时间说我原来拍的电视剧
that I spent so much time at her funeral
肯定会气死的
talking about my old TV show.
也可能她会觉得她唯一的儿子连这都做不好
Or maybe she'd think it was funny that her idiot son
简直是太可笑了 谁知道呢
couldn't even do this right. Who knows?
她没知会过我她希望我说些什么
She left no instructions for what she wanted me to say.
我只知道她想要开棺
All I know is she wanted an open casket,
她的蠢儿子连这都办不好
and her idiot son couldn't even do that right.
我不会站在这里假装
I'm not gonna stand up here and pretend
我知道该怎么取悦这女人
I even understood how to please that woman,
即便我人生中的很多时间
even though so much of my life
都浪费在对此的思考之上
has been wasted in vain attempts to figure it out.
但我一直回想起在重症监护室里
But I keep going back to that moment in the ICU
她看着我 然后说
when she looked at me, and...
"ICU"[缩写 音同我看到你了]
"I-c-u."
"我看到你了"
"I... see... you."
上帝啊 我们当时在重症监护室
Jesus Christ, we were in the intensive care unit.
她只是在念指示牌
She was just reading a sign.
我妈妈死了 而我只有这根免费的油条
My mom died and all I got was this free churro.
你们知道最糟心的是什么吗
You know the shittiest thing about all of this?
当柜台后的那个陌生人给我免费油条时
剧集 | 马男波杰克 | 导航列表