mixed at eleventh hour with very few drops of arsenic,
不是为了杀死卡莉·路易斯
intended not for Carrie Louise,
而是想让你和你的同事去发现
but for you and your colleagues to discover.
另外当塞罗科尔德先生在检查尸体时
A few words were then added to the letter
他在信中加了一些字
when Mr. Serrocold examined his body.
我有理由相信
I have reason to believe
她正慢慢地被人下药毒害
she is being slowly and cold-bloodedly poisoned.
我最初有此怀疑是在...
I first suspected it when...
这样信的意思就变了许多
And the meaning was quite altered.
所以并没有人想要毒害塞罗科尔德夫人
So, there never was any plot to poison Mrs. Serrocold.
是的 探长先生
No, Inspector.
我知道约翰尼也如此怀疑
And I'm sure Johnny suspected as much.
因为很奇怪地
Hence his rather odd desire
他在死前一直想要剪卡莉·路易斯的指甲
to trim Carrie Louise's fingernails a few minutes before he died.
剪下的指甲样本能很快证明
A sample of nail-clipping would soon have proven
她的血液中并无毒素
there was no arsenic in her bloostream.
- 但他如何知道... - 就在花♥园♥里
- But how could he possibly... - There, in the garden,
在去房♥子的路上
on his way up to the house,
他看了一眼那后台
he had a glimpse of the backstage, as it were.
尽管起了雾 但有枪声和脚印
Even through the fog. Gunshots. And footsteps.
当他如此友好地对待欧尼斯特时
And when Johnny befriended Ernest at the facility,
我认为他那时就开始就一片一片地
I'm sure he began to piece together
拼凑起这个毒害骗局背后的情况
the hidding story behind the poisoning hoax.
在欧尼斯特房♥间里的那些东西
as for all those treats in Ernest's room
威士忌 钥匙 生蚝
the single malt whiskey, the keys, the oysters ...
不是偷来的
.. They weren't stolen.
而是刘易斯·塞罗科尔德送他的
They were gifts from Lewis Serrocold.
是一个利用自己高超的诈骗挪用技巧
Grateful tokens to a man whose rare talent for fraud and
来挽回信用基金损失财产的人得到的奖赏
embezzlement had helped restore the fallen fortune of Gulbrandsen Trust
但为什么
But why?
那样一个正直的绅士
An upstanding gentleman like that.
"一切都为了爱"
"The things we do for love."
是不是这样
Wasn't it like that,
塞罗科尔德先生
the way you put it, Mr Serrocold?
不错
Quite right.
简
Jane.
克里斯提安·古尔布兰德森
Christian Gulbrandsen
发现了你的经济问题
had discovered your slide into
并打算揭发此事
financial corruption and sought to expose it.
但因为他对卡莉·路易斯的感情
Only his affection for Carrie Louise
使他停下了脚步
gave him pause.
他问我"她的心脏是否强壮"
Was her heart strong, you see.
你肯定知道
You must have known,
就在七周前
he was onto you,
他把受托人都召集到斯托尼盖特的时候
the last time Christian came to Stonygates.
你就知道他是冲你来的
When the Trustees convened, seven weeks ago,
那时你就开始构思你的计划了 对吗
that's when you conceived your plan, wasn't it?
先是那场火
First, the fire,
不是电路故障起火
started not by faulty wiring,
而是你的同谋
but by your accomplice,
惠特斯特布尔·欧尼斯特纵的火
Whitstable Ernest.
他藏在暗门
Concealed behind the hidden door.
只是留下了一些汽油滴下的痕迹
Only he left a few tale trail drops of petroleum.
因此我们会在那里闻到柴油的味道
The smell we talked of diesel on the floor boards.
那场火真正的目的
The real target of those flames
并不是你妻子的照片或是遗嘱
wasn't your wife's photographs or even her will,
而是档案柜里的账目记录
it was the accounts records housed in the filing cabinet.
这为你争取了不少时间
That bought you some time,
但你知道 克里斯提安不会这样放过你
but you knew Christian couldn't be put off forever.
你就打算在他下次来斯托尼盖特时杀他灭口
And so you were ready to silence him when he next came up to Stonygates
这个改造工厂花光了我们所有积蓄
The reform facility ate up all we had.
那些地♥产♥ 还有那些无休止的特权
The buildings. The endless privileges.
我只有这样...
It was the only way ...
我已经把所有东西都砸了进去
I poured everything in it.
信托基金
The Trust.
我自己的财产
My own fortune.
这是最后一搏了
It was the last resort.
你也明白 不是吗
You see that, don't you?
这是我能唯一想到的 让你开心点的方法了
It was the only way I knew to make you happy.
你若发现...
If you found out...
你不必向我证明你如何爱我
You didn't have to prove yourself to me.
但约翰尼·雷斯塔瑞克正虎视眈眈
With Johnny Restarick waiting in the wings?
- 约翰尼 - 我看到了他的信
- Johnny? - I saw his letters to you.
- 那个人十分疯狂 - 不
- The man was unstoppable. - No!
你才是我的丈夫
You are my husband.
你知道一些 不是吗
You knew a little, didn't you?
我在想 当约翰尼...
I wondered. When Johnny...
他还没有套到什么话
His new friendship had to be scotched,
他和惠特斯特布尔·欧尼斯特的朋友关系
before Whitstable Ernest
就结束了
let something slip.
生蚝里混入的砒霜使他坏不了事
The arsenic in the oysters kept Ernest out of the harm's way.
那约翰尼呢
And Johnny?
我想是一次算好时间的谋杀
A spontaneous killing, I would wager,
当他在后台的照明设备下面时
while he was under that lightening operators ...
有人听那男主角的一句台词便下手
.. waiting for a word with the leading man.
但你一直在舞台上
But you were on stage all the time.
如果不是你...
If it wasn't you ...
艾德加·罗森
Edgar Lawson!
父亲
Father?
- 艾德加 - 警官快去
- Edgar! - Sargeant!
- 艾德加 - 孩子
- Edgar! - Son!
艾德加
Edgar!
快点 快
Come on! quick!
伙计们 赶紧
Hurry up, lads!
快
Quick!
继续找
Keep looking!
- 你知道艾德加的事情吗 - 我在想
- Did you know? - I wondered.
刘易斯总是很快就结束了
Lewis was always quick to end
任何有关于艾德加身世的讨论
any idle talk about Edgar's true provenance.
再看看艾德加自己
And then there was Edgar himself.
他的疯癫... 看起来不太让人信服
His madness... seemed unconvincing somehow,
似乎在寻找一个失踪的父亲 我很遗憾
the quest for a missing father. I. .. I'm so sorry.
刘易斯 为什么他不直接告诉我呢
Oh, Lewis. Why didn't he just tell me?
可能他怕你不会接受
Perhaps too scared you wouldn't approve.
就以我自己这样的经历吗
What, with my check at history?
至少他自己为了救他的孩子而死
Well, at least he died trying to save his own son.
也许能给人带来一点安慰
I try to take some comfort in that.
也许这意味着他终究是个善良的人
And maybe that means he was a good man, after all?
好像英勇地战死一般
Like being bulleted, back in the war.
- 小心点 - 不能那么弄
- Be careful with that. - I wouldn't do that if I were you.
这是一个暗门 来 我给你看
It's part of a hidden door. Here, let me show you.
- 亲爱的 帮我一下 - 当然
- Oh, help me, darling. - Of course.
真是聪明
So clever.
简 走吧 我们已经够迟的了
Come on, Jane. We're late enough already.
飞机四点起飞
The flight leaves at four,
飞行员可不会等我们
and, apparently, the pilot refuses to wait.
当然
Of course.
你确定不改主意了吗
Are you sure you won't change your mind?
这个时候的曼哈顿真的很棒
Manhattan is fabulous at this time of the year.
谢谢你 鲁思 我确定
Quite sure, thank you, Ruth.
英国的破电路
Damn british wiring.
马上来
One minute.
该死
Damn!
瓦利
Wally!
你去哪了
Where've you been?
你在这做什么
What're you doing here?
你错了
You're wrong.
我查了一下
I looked it up.
这是红木 不是巨杉树
They're red-wood, not Wellingtonia.
这刺太硬
The bur's too tough.
看见没
剧集 | 马普尔小姐探案(2004) | 导航列表