Goodbye.
是从巴黎来的电报
It's a telegram from Paris.
给雷克斯·弗特斯克的
For Rex Fortescue.
抱歉你的信晚到了 明天大约下午茶时相见 兰斯
看来浪子回头了
So, the prodigal returns.
- 你终于回来了 - 抱歉
- At last. - Sorry.
你到底去哪了
Where on earth have you been?
我已经尽快赶回来了
I came home as quickly as I could.
珀西瓦尔 别这样
Oh, Percival, please.
- 今天真糟糕 - 谁说不是呢
- What a day. - Oh. You can say that again.
我感觉被包围了
I feel quite under siege.
到处都是可怕的警♥察♥
There are horrid constables wherever one turns.
我想是这样的
I suppose there would be, wouldn't there?
太令人苦恼了
It's too distressing.
我相信你能撑过去
Well, I'm sure you'll get over it.
楼下有人叫我
I'm wanted downstairs.
天呐
Christ!
- 是真的吗 - 什么
- Is it true? - What?
父亲去世了
That Father's dead.
你是艾琳娜吗
Are you Elaine?
对
Ah. Right.
是的 恐怕是真的
Well, then, yes, I'm afraid it is true.
不 爸爸
Oh, no. Daddy.
可怜的爸爸
Poor Daddy.
他可真是个可怕的人
He was such a ghastly man...
他死了之后 一切都会好起来
..and his death makes everything all right.
现在我终于能做我想做的事情了
Now I can do everything I ever wanted.
我得找到杰拉尔德
I must find Gerald.
- 被毒死了 - 看起来是这样
- Poisoned? - It would seem so, yes.
你知不知道是怎么...
Well, have you any idea how...
有谁可能...
..who might have...
现在下结论为时过早 先生
It's rather early days for that, sir.
是的 我想是这样
Yes, I suppose so.
即便如此 如果你能告诉我
All the same, it will be most helpful if you could give me
你父亲的遗嘱分配 将会很有帮助
any idea of your father's testamentary dispositions.
好的 我父亲在两年前
Yes, well... My father made a new will
借着婚姻的契机 立了新的遗嘱
on the occasion of his marriage two years ago
他留给他妻子十万英镑
He left 100,000P to his wife
给我的妹妹艾琳娜留了五万英镑
and 50,000P to my sister Elaine.
我是他的剩余遗产继承人
I am his residuary legatee and
也是公♥司♥里的合股人
am, of course, already a partner in the firm.
你弟弟没有任何遗产吗
And your brother received no bequest?
他和我父亲之间疏远已经很久了
There is an estrangement of long standing between him and my father.
也就是说 根据遗嘱
So, as the will stands,
三个受益人分别为弗特斯克夫人
the three people who gain are Mrs Fortescue,
你妹妹 还有你自己
your sister and yourself?
遗产税那么多 我觉得自己不算是受益人
Well, I don't think I'd be much of a gainer with death duties
而且 我的父亲 近期...
and...well, my father has, of late, been...
应该怎么说呢 在他的财务事项上非常不慎重
How shall I put it? ..highly injudicious in his financial dealings.
你最近和他的意见不和 是吗
You haven't seen eye to eye with him recently?
我提出了我的观点
Well, I put forth my point of view.
相当强制性地 我猜
Rather forcibly, I gather.
实际上 你们争吵得很厉害 对吗
In fact, didn't you have quite a row about it?
我不这么认为
I'd hardly say that.
你能告诉我这是什么意思吗 弗特斯克先生
Can you tell me what this means, Mr Fortescue?
你弟弟来的电报
A telegram from your brother
说他应你父亲邀请 明天到这里来
saying he's arriving tomorrow at your father's invitation.
我不明白
I don't understand.
你父亲没提到这件事吗
Didn't your father mention it?
没有 他当然没有说过
No, he most certainly did not.
他为什么会做这种事
Why would he have done such a thing?
因为他彻底疯了
Because he's completely crazy.
曾经彻底疯了
Was completely crazy.
世事难料 对吗 探长先生
You never know what's round the corner, do you, Inspector?
谢谢
Thank you.
天气真糟糕 非常感谢
It looks miserable. Thank you so much.
商人暴毙 办公室内病情突发
天呐
Oh, dear.
天啊
Dear me.
老天啊
Dear, dear, dear.
在他的一个口袋里发现一些
A quantity of grain, believed to be rye,
被认定为是黑麦的谷物
was found in one of his pockets.
这倒是很有趣
Now that is interesting.
听到自己父亲去世是一回事
It's one thing to hear your father's dead
但又听说他是被毒死的...
but then to hear that he's been poisoned...
我想你不会碰巧知道谁可能是凶手吧
I don't suppose you happen to know who might have done it?
怎么会 我在国外住了好多年
How? I've lived abroad for years.
我从你哥哥那里了解到
I understand from your brother
你和你父亲之间有隔阂
that there was an estrangement between you and your father.
没错
That's right.
所以我很好奇 先生 你为什么回来
So I'm wondering, sir, what brought you back?
大约六个月前 我收到父亲的一封信
I got a letter from my father about... ooh, six months ago now
暗示说他想既往不咎
hinting that he'd like to let bygones be bygones.
他建议我回家 然后加入公♥司♥
He suggested that I come home and join the firm.
所以去年八月 我回来去见他
So I came over, last August, to see him
然后他给了我一个非常有利的职位
and he made me, I must say, a very advantageous offer
然后我飞回肯尼亚
and I flew back to Kenya,
和派特好好谈了谈 然后...
talked it over with Pat and...
结果就是我决定接受他的邀请
Well, the upshot was that I decided to accept.
你的归来令你的哥哥很吃惊
Your return was a surprise for your brother.
我觉得珀西对此并不知情
I don't think Percy knew a thing about it.
我回来的时候他正在度假
He was on holiday when I popped back,
在我看来 老头计划得很周到
and if you ask me, the old man planned it very carefully.
他和珀西争吵得很凶
You see, he and Percy had had a blazing row
我不知道是什么事 但是父亲火冒三丈
about what I've no idea, but Dad was furious.
你回来呆了多久
And how long were you back for?
只在家呆了一两个小时
Only an hour or two at the house.
我确信 整体思想就是
The whole idea, I'm sure,
背着珀西的秘密反击
was a kind of secret offensive behind Percy's back.
我觉得父亲甚至不想让佣人们知道
I don't think Dad even wanted the servants to know.
你有没有遇到家庭的其他成员
Did you encounter any other members of your family?
我的继母 我只见到了她和我父亲
My stepmother. She and the old man were the only people I saw.
- 那是你第一次见到她吗 - 是的
- That was the first time you'd met her? - Yes, it was.
依我看 老头的确很会挑人
I must say, the old boy certainly knew how to pick 'em.
你是否怨恨你父亲再婚
Do you resent your father remarrying?
怎么会呢 我母亲去世的时候我才十一岁
No, why should I? My mother died when I was 11.
实际上 他到现在才再婚 让我很吃惊
In fact, I was surprised he took so long to get hitched again.
你难道不觉得 娶一个
There's rather a risk, sir, don't you think,
比自己小很多的女人会有风险吗
of marrying a woman much younger than yourself?
你说话很像我哥哥 探长先生
You sound like my brother, Inspector.
也就是说 我的继母是头号♥嫌疑犯 对吗
So, my stepmother is the prime suspect, is she?
为时过早 先生 为时过早
Oh, early days, sir. Early days.
好吧 我想我最好过去
Oh, well. I suppose I better get down there.
我想让你暂时住在城里
Now I want you to stay up in town for now.
不 亲爱的 我想和你一起去
No, darling, I want to come with you.
我真的希望你不要跟去
I'd really rather you didn't.
我不知道我会受到怎样的欢迎
I don't know what kind of welcome I'm going to get.
而且不管怎样 我不想让你住在一座
and anyway, I don't want you in a house
有逍遥法外的嫌疑犯的房♥子里
where there's a poisoner at large,
对吧 探长先生
eh, Inspector?
- 喂 - 薇薇安
- Yes. - Vivian?
- 阿黛尔 我告诉过你 - 终于接了
- Adele, I told you. - Oh, at last.
- 你从哪里打的电♥话♥ - 房♥子里
- Where are you speaking from? - The house.
- 警♥察♥还在那里吗 - 不 他们暂时不在
- Are the police still around? - No. They've gone for the moment.
薇薇安 这太糟糕了
'Vivian, it's been awful.'
听着 我们得小心行事
Listen, we've got to be careful.
当然了 亲爱的
Of course, darling.
- 不要叫我亲爱的 - 但是 薇薇安
- Don't call me darling. - But, Vivian...
不要给我打电♥话♥了 这不安全
You mustn't phone me. It isn't safe.
- 只是暂时的 好吗 - 好吧
- Just for the moment, all right? - All right.
阿黛尔 我给你写的那些信
Adele, those letters I wrote you,
你把它们烧掉了吧
剧集 | 马普尔小姐探案(2004) | 导航列表