真不舒服
So inconsiderate.
把橘子果酱递给我 亲爱的
Pass the marmalade, there's a honey.
那么 艾琳娜 我想你即将嫁给...
So, Elaine, I gather you're going to marry erm...
他叫什么来着
what's his name?
- 杰拉尔德 - 杰拉尔德 对 杰拉尔德
- Gerald. - Gerald, yes. Gerald.
- 然后呢 - 我们计划开办一所学校
- And then what? - We plan to start a school.
你的意思是 你计划把所有的钱
You mean you plan to take all your money
都从公♥司♥拿出来吗
out of the business?
总比留在里面好
Better than leaving it in.
你自己说的 现在的经营状况非常糟糕
You said yourself that things were in a pretty bad state.
但你会损失掉你那一份的
But you would lose the lot.
我支持你 艾利
I'm with you, Ellie.
你的计划呢 回肯尼亚去吗
What are your plans? Off back to Kenya?
我还不确定
Well...I'm not so sure about that.
你从来都不肯在又穷又小的英格兰多呆一会
Well, you never had much time for poor, little England.
你没发现 随着年纪增长 人也是会变的吗
One changes as one gets older, don't you find?
在考虑了很多 并和派特谈过之后...
And having given it a lot of thought and chatted it over with Pat...
总而言之 老伙计
Well, the long and short of it is, old chap
我决定加入公♥司♥
I've decided to join the firm.
作为你的初级合伙人 但我在其中有股份
As your junior partner, but I have got a holding in it
所以我有权利参与决定事情 对吗
and that gives me rights to be in on things, doesn't it?
对 如果你这么说的话
Well, yes, if you put it like that.
真是绝好的主意 你觉得呢
Bloody good idea, don't you think?
我就知道你会高兴
I knew you'd be pleased.
但在那么多年的户外生活和旅行之后
But won't you find it rather boring
你不会觉得室内工作很无聊吗
after your outdoor life, safari and things?
一旦你见过一头大象之后...
Once you've seen one elephant...
事情真的很糟糕
Things are very bad.
我们能做的 就是把艾琳娜的股份融在一起
It'll be all we can do to scrape together Elaine's share.
听到了吗 艾利 要趁热打铁
Hear that, Ellie? Grab it while you can.
当你在外面和那些当地人鬼混的时候
You've no idea what a time Percival's had
你根本不知道珀西瓦尔经历了怎样的日子
while you've been gadding about with the natives.
他曾经担心到死
He's been ill with worry
现在你回来 大言不惭地说...
and now you come back here smug as you like...
- 珍妮弗 别说了 - 太糟糕了
- Jennifer, please. - Well, it's too bad.
真的太糟糕了
It's really too bad.
这里都是可怕的事情 对吗
Frightfully stuffy in here, don't you think?
这样不行 就这么简单
It won't work. It's as simple as that.
我太了解你了 兰斯 你会马上厌倦的
I know you too well, Lance. You'll be fed up in no time.
当我说事情很糟糕的时候 我并没有夸张
When I say things are bad,I'm not exaggerating.
爸爸在去年都把钱挥霍掉了
This past year Dad has thrown money away hand over fist.
这个时候 刚好有人在他的茶里放了紫衫碱
It's just as well that someone slipped the taxine in his tea.
老实说 他的死是唯一能
If I'm honest, his death's the only thing
避免我们破产的方法
that's saved us from bankruptcy.
- 兰斯 我很喜欢你... - 是吗
- Lance, I'm fond of you... - Are you?
我真的不觉得我们能把事情挽回
I really don't think we're going to pull together.
唯一正确的事 就是分解股份
The only sensible thing is to dissolve the partnership.
你是说把我那份买♥♥断吗
You mean buy me out?
除此之外别无选择
There's no alternative.
你要拿什么买♥♥我的股份
How will you pay me my share?
我们把公♥司♥分开
We'll divide the holdings.
你拿走所有盈利的部分
With you keeping all the gilt-edged
最坏的风险部分都留给我
and me taking the worst of the speculative?
其中的一些可能会很值钱
Some of them may prove to be immensely valuable.
比如老的那个黑鸟金矿吗
Like the old Blackbird goldmine, for instance?
不 或许不是那个 父亲很确定它已经没用了
No, perhaps not that. Father was pretty certain it was worthless.
他和一个叫做麦肯锡的人去过那里
He went out there with a chap called Mackenzie, didn't he
他后来死在那儿了
who died out there.
对 我想是的
Er...yes, I think he did.
然后他妻子带着两个孩子过来 说爸爸杀了他
And his wife came round here with her two kids and accused Dad of murder.
- 我真的记不清了 - 我记得
- Really can't remember. - Well I do.
我记得很清楚
I remember him quite well.
派伍德休养院
非常感谢你能见我 麦肯锡夫人
It's very kind of you to see me, Mrs Mackenzie.
我想你认识雷克斯·弗特斯克
I believe you knew Rex Fortescue.
你可能知道 他不久之前死了
He died recently, as you're probably aware.
我想你曾经找过他
I believe you once paid him a visit.
他曾经和你丈夫一起
He'd been connected with your husband
去过非洲的某个矿 对吗
had he not, over a certain mine in Africa?
黑鸟矿 麦肯锡夫人
The Blackbird mine, Mrs Mackenzie.
我相信你丈夫和弗特斯克先生是去那里考察了
Your husband and Mr Fortescue went out to survey it, I believe,
然后你丈夫因为热病死在那里了对吗
and didn't your husband die out there of fever?
你相信的还真多啊
You believe an awful lot, don't you?
那就相信这个 那个矿是我丈夫的
Then believe this. It was my husband's mine.
他发现之后买♥♥了下来
He found it and laid claim to it
然后去找弗特斯克投资开♥发♥
and went to Rex Fortescue for the money to capitalise it.
谁也不知道他怎么死的 埋在哪里
Nobody knows how he died or where he was buried.
大家都只听到弗特斯克说的
All anyone knows is what Rex Fortescue said
但弗特斯克是个骗子
and Rex Fortescue was a liar.
你觉得他应该为你丈夫的死负责吗
Do you believe he was responsible for your husband's death?
你真愚蠢
How stupid you are.
我的确很蠢 麦肯锡夫人
I dare say I am, Mrs Mackenzie,
但事情都过去很久了
but it all happened so long ago.
- 但并没有结束 - 是吗
- And it's not over yet. - Isn't it?
在事情被正确澄清之前 都不算被澄清了
Nothing is ever settled until it is settled right.
我听说有人在弗特斯克的桌子里
I hear somebody put dead blackbirds
放了几只死的黑鸟
in Rex Fortescue's desk.
你知不知道有可能是谁放的呢
Have you any idea who might have done that?
他死的时候 他们才只有九岁和七岁
Nine and seven they were when he died.
- 你的孩子们吗 - 唐纳德和鲁比
- Your children? - Donald and Ruby.【Ruby是女子的名字】
我每天都跟他们讲 每晚都让他们发誓
I told them every day and made them swear it every night.
你让他们发誓什么
What did you make them swear?
当然是发誓他们会杀了他
That they'd kill him, of course.
那他们做了吗 麦肯锡夫人
And did they, Mrs Mackenzie?
我儿子在敦刻尔克战役中死了
My son died at Dunkirk.
"死于行动 深表遗憾"
"Deeply regret killed in action."
我很抱歉
I'm so sorry.
- 你的女儿呢 - 我没有女儿
- And your daughter? - I have no daughter.
- 但你刚刚还说到她 - 她不遵守诺言
- But you just spoke of her. - She didn't keep faith.
她现在在哪儿
Where is she now?
我说过了 我没有女儿
I told you, I have no daughter.
你是说她死了吗
You mean she's dead?
如果是的话就好了
It would be better for her if she were.
有没有亲人来看过她呢
Erm...do any of her relations ever visit her?
我想她女儿来过一次
Well, I gather her daughter came once
但也是在我来这里工作之前了
but it was before my time.
她让麦肯锡夫人很激动
It agitated Mrs Mackenzie so much
所以我们建议她不要再来了
that she was advised not to come again.
我想你大概不知道她现在在哪里吧
And I suppose you've no idea where she is now?
我不知道 你能来太好了 马普尔小姐
I'm afraid I haven't. Oh, it's so kind of you to come, Miss Marple.
我相信能见到一个老邻居
I'm sure it did her the world of good
一定对她非常有好处
to see an old neighbour.
她还记得你吗
Did she remember you?
我想她根本不知道我是谁
Do you know, I don't think she had a clue who I was.
干得好 马普尔小姐
Well done, Miss Marple.
小心点 我们说不定会聘用你
We'll be recruiting you if you're not careful!
探长先生过奖了
Oh, Inspector.
还有一件事 关于规律的事你说对了
'Oh, and another thing. You're right about a pattern.'
黑鸟的确和那个矿
Blackbird's tying in with the mine,
和弗特斯克口袋里的黑麦
the rye in Fortescue's pocket,
配茶的面包和蜂蜜 以及第三件谋杀案
bread and honey for tea and the third murder
格兰迪斯鼻子上夹了衣夹有关
Gladys, strangled with a peg on her nose.
你刚刚说...
What you just said...
怎么了 马普尔小姐
'What is it, Miss Marple?'
有点不对劲
There's something wrong.
以前我们都会着正装吃晚饭
There was a time when we all dressed for dinner.
时代变了 珀西瓦尔
Well, times are changing, Percival.
不管好坏
For better or worse, I wonder.
当然是变好了 对吗 杰拉尔德
For better, of course, aren't they, Gerald?
毫无疑问
Without a doubt.
不安的夜晚
剧集 | 马普尔小姐探案(2004) | 导航列表