Indeed, it could be that in Edgar's imagination, the pater
对父亲的憎恨
familias was more an object of rage,
远甚于崇拜
rather than worship.
其实 他常提到的那个
In fact, this "spy" of whom he constantly talks,
暗中监视诋毁他的人
always watching and whispering:
就是他失缺的父亲的化身
could simply be a representation of the absent father.
那就是说 他是个疯子
So, "round the twist", was he?
不 探长 千万别用那个词
No. Please, Inspector, never, never use that term.
而且 直到最近几周
Besides, up until the last few weeks,
艾德加进展良好
one was making great strides with Edgar.
快点 快点 欧尼斯特病得很厉害 快点
Quick, quick! Mr. Ernest is very ill. Quick!
去楼上医务室
Upstairs into the infirmary.
别让身体创伤变成精神创伤
We mustn't transform physical trauma into mental trauma,
尽力救他
whatever we do.
楼上 把他抬楼上去
Upstairs! Take him upstairs!
夫人
Madam.
这是
I say...?!
什么鬼东西
What the devil?
- 生蚝 - 生蚝
- Oysters? - Oysters.
臭了
Rotten.
- 一定是 - 难怪成那样了
- Must be. - No wonder he was off-colour.
长官
Sir!
你就是这样对待他们的吗
So... this is how you feed them water, is it?
- 他们 - 犯人们
- Them? - The convicts.
他叫欧尼斯特
His name is Ernest,
先声明 我对这些东西一点都不了解
and for the record, I have no idea of how those supplies have got in there.
我觉得是用这个
I think I could far them a guess.
看到了吧
Oh, would you look at that?
庄园里的钥匙
The keys of the kingdom.
欧尼斯特有了它就能来去自如了
Perhaps your Mr. Ernest could come and go as he pleased.
他肯定是去厨房♥拿了不少吃的
He must be helping himself fom the kitchen.
夫人的药也在厨房♥ 他下了砒霜后
Or as he took a byte to eat after he slipped some arsenic into
就顺手拿了点吃的
Madam's tonic, which also can be found in the kitchen .
我想他来自惠特斯特布尔
He hails from Whitstable, I believe.
生蚝之乡
Home of oysters.
没错
Quite right.
但是在那个地方长大的人
One imagines a fellow bought up around this particular kind of food
应该一眼就看出来是不是...
would know immediately if they were...
- 坏了 - 没错
- Off? - Quite.
你是说生蚝被下毒了吗
You think the oysters were poisoned?
肯定是
Of course.
- 先生 - 是鲁思为卡莉·路易斯订的
- Sir? - Ruth ordered them for Carrie Louise.
我妻子仅有的嗜好之一
One of my wive's very few indulgences.
他们接下来还会怎么做呢
Oh, whatever will they think of next?
或许是时候和卡莉·路易斯开诚布公了
Might this be the time to break the news to Carrie Louise?
我自己家里有人想害我
Someone in my own home is seeking to poison me,
而我亲爱的克里斯提安
and my own dear Christian murdered
在说出这个人的名字之前被杀了
before he could name my enemy?
抱歉 亲爱的 瞒着你是我的主意
I'm sorry, my love, it was my decision to keep all this from you.
我就知道不太对劲 是吧 简
I knew something was up, didn't I, Jane?
- 所以你来这是... - 我委托的
- So you came here ... - On my orders.
我知道你不会同意 所以就没问你
I knew you wouldn't have agreed, so I didn't ask you.
亲爱的妹妹 你还真有先见之明
My dear sister, how very prescient!
我们只想帮点忙
We're only trying to help here!
原谅我 真希望我能早点来
Forgive me. I only wish I had come sooner.
确实
Indeed.
亲爱的欧尼斯特怎么样了
And how is dear Ernest?
神志不清 但总算是还活着
Unconscious, but alive, thank goodness.
毒药对他影响很大
The poison must work his way through it.
那倒是教他以后别再偷东西了
That will teach him to keep his thieving hands to himself.
- 前提是他活得足够长 - 得了吧 姐姐
- Provided he lives long enough. - Oh, come off it, sis!
如果你真想改变这些人
If you really wish to reform these people,
有更简单 更经济的办法
there are simpler and more economical ways to do it.
这就是你拯救破碎世界的方法
And that's your remedy for a broken world?
给他们吃砒霜吗
Let them eat arsenic?
亲爱的
Darling!
有时候我觉得她想让我做的每件事都失败
Well, sometimes, I think she wants everything I do to fall apart,
那样她就可以证明
so that she can prove
整个世界都和她一样残酷无情
the world is as savage and heartless as she is!
希望没打扰到各位
Not interrupting, I presume?
完全没有 我正准备走
Not at all, I was just leaving.
鲁思 你才刚到不久
Ruth, you've only just got in here.
夫人 我记得你为今晚的晚餐
Madam, I gather you've ordered in
订了几盒生蚝
several boxes of oysters for tonight's supper.
是的 你没看到这儿被弄得多脏吗
Yes! Have you seen the filth they serve in this place?
灰色 灰色 全是灰色
Beige! Beige! Everything's beige!
任何人都不能离开这
I would ask that nobody leave this compound.
别开玩笑了
Don't be absurd.
介意把我的包
Would you mind seeing that my bags
拿到楼下我的车里吗 谢谢了
are brought down to my car, please? Thank you.
我是个...
I'm a er ...
鲁思和卡莉·路易斯只有在远隔重洋的时候
Ruth and Carrie Louise have always been the best of sisters ...
才是最好的姐妹
providing they maintain an ocean between them.
那约翰尼·雷斯塔瑞克呢
And Johnny Restarick?
他是最好的前夫吗
Is he the best of ex-husbands?
众说纷纭 有这个词吧
"The jury is out". Is that the phrase?
走吧
Shall we?
不过 要从这个戏剧性的地方
Still, it's not easy to conduct a poisoning campaign
找出谁下的毒可不是件容易的事
from the bordellos of London theatrical district
说的不错 探长先生
An excellent point, Inspector, very well made.
谢谢
Oh, thank you.
突然想到
You know, it did occur to me,
我们一直在猜测嫌疑犯
that we've all been so busy, wondering if the convicts
是怎么从正门进到房♥子里的
could have climbed the main gate to the house
以至于我们忽略了其他门
that we lost sight of the other gate.
其他门
Other...?
这里 小屋旁
Here, by the lodge.
约翰尼·雷斯塔瑞克说他穿过花♥园♥进到房♥子里
Johnny Restarick claims that he entered the house through the park.
这些门每天傍晚五点整就锁了
I gather these are locked every evening at five o'clock sharp.
真好奇
One wonders,
一个已过壮年的绅士
how did a gentleman,
是怎样翻过或穿过这门的呢
past his physical prime get over it or through?
除非有人帮他
Well, unless someone gave him a helping hand.
是他的儿子 斯蒂文
His son. Stephen.
我们知道他会从遗嘱中获利
We know he stands to gain from the will.
可能吧
Perhaps,
但我感觉这父子俩的关系不是那么亲密
although I don't sense any great intimacy between father and son.
那会是谁
Well, who then?
我还记得你接的那个电♥话♥
It was the phone call that struck me.
不需要 我已经通知过园丁了
There's no need. I've already informed the groundsman.
我会亲自去看一下的
I'll see to it myself.
再见
Goodbye.
- 是塞罗科尔德先生打来的吗 - 是的
- Is that Mr. Serrocold? - Yes, sir.
他会按计划在四点二十七分回家
He'll be home in the 4:27 as planned.
探长先生 我可以冒昧推测一下吗
If I may presume, Inspector?
那天你匆匆地接了一个怎样的小任务呢
What small task were you so quick to entertain, that day?
是你开的门 对吧
You were unlocking the gates, weren't you?
给塞罗科尔德先生开的吗
For Mr. Serrocold?
或者说当时那些门可能没关
Or so they might have left open,
给晚些要来的另一位访客留着
giving another visitor access to to the house, later on that night?
约翰尼·雷斯塔瑞克
Johnny Restarick.
贝耶维小姐 他非常潇洒 对吗
Quite dashing in his way, isn't he, Miss Bellever?
我曾经这样觉得
I used to think so.
当然 这并不是什么大错
No great crime in that, surely
每两周 我都会去一次小镇
I'd go up to town, once a fortnight,
在我休假的时候 看一场午后演出
on my day off... catch a matinée.
我在表演结束后偶然遇到了约翰尼
I ran into Johnny after the show.
他风度翩翩
He was in his element.
相比在乡下 那个下午一切都是那么迷人
It all seemed so glamorous, after long afternoons in the country.
我应该是被迷住了
I was seduced, I supposed.
然后约翰尼开始说起卡莉·路易斯
剧集 | 马普尔小姐探案(2004) | 导航列表