What makes you think I tried?
我不是疯子 记得吗 卢克
I'm not batty, remember, Luke?
记得 简
No, Jane.
我敢说她认为你很帅气
I dare say she does find you gorgeous
可她不能忘记自己来这里的真正目的
but can't afford beeing distracted from her real reason for coming here.
- 是什么 - 我也不知道
- Which is? - I don't know.
但我能确定 真正的拓片
All I'm sure is that the genuine brass rubber
应该用蜡墨上光球 而不是蜡
would reffer to heelball and not wax.
一种用蜡和灯灰制成的混合物,用作鞋底边的上光或拓印碑文
我以为你要问关于艾米的事
I thought you'd be asking about Amy.
这次调查很复杂 韦恩弗利特小姐
It's a complicate investigation, Miss Waynflete,
所以请你尽量回想起平克顿小姐死的那天
So if you'd try and recall the day of miss Miss Pinkerton death.
我当时在考蛋糕
I was baking.
给拉非尼亚准备的
A treat for Lavínia.
她喜欢我做的姜汁蛋糕
She loved my ginger cake.
有人能够证明你当时在家吗
Any visitors, anyone who can confirm that you were home?
可惜 只有艾米
Only Amy, sadly.
但她也出去了一个小时左右
But even she went out for an hour or so.
我不知道她去了哪里
I don't know where.
但她擦了口红
But she put on lipstick.
《自然中的毒药》
那天我去了很大很大的城市
I was on the big, big city, that day.
你是说伦敦吗
You mean London?
叮咚声 大本钟和有趣的红巴士
Ding, dong, Big Ben and jolly red buses.
为什么去那
Why?
别太八卦 特里 这是私人问题
Don't be nosy, Terry, it's private.
亨布莱比夫人 我的职责就是寻找答案
Mrs. Humbleby, it is my job to find out things.
- 那就别多管闲事 问完了吗 - 还没呢
- And not be a bossy beat. Is that all? - No.
真倒霉
Hard cheese.
难道你对你丈夫的死没有一点想法吗
Well, don't you have any thoughts about your husbandas death?
多着呢 但我可不会告诉你 小家伙
Oh, mess-up. But I couldn't possibly share them with you, naughty buy.
不 我没有把拉非尼亚推下自动扶梯
No, I did not throw Lavinia down the escalator!
这样的暗示实在是太荒谬了
The suggestion is outrageous.
我没有暗示什么
I wasn't suggesting anything.
那天我都不在伦敦
I wasn't even in London that day.
我在打高尔夫
I was playing golf.
我记得很清楚 因为那天我拿了新的铁头球杆
And I remember because I had a new niblick,
我还用低于标准数三杆打到了第二个洞
and I moved my 2nd hole from nine for an albatross.
真不走运
Bad luck.
打得漂亮
Er ... well done.
谢谢
Thank you.
她给我看了一张二十二年前的土地的照片
She showed me a photograph of the grounds taken 22 years ago,
那时赫胥黎会堂还是怀特菲尔德大人的家
when Lord Whitfield had Hexley Hall a family home.
照片里有什么
What was in the photograph?
那条河 沿着南部边界流去
The river, down by the south boundary,
长满芦苇
where it grows all reedy.
后面写着维次布恩河
It said River Wychbourne on the back.
她说她是在她的父母去世后找到的
She said she found it when her parents passed away.
我一下子就认出了那是哪里
I recognised where it was straight away.
特别是背景里的那女孩
Specially with the girl on the background.
我告诉康威小姐她是谁
I told Miss Conway who she was,
但我没有告诉她以前我们都是做什么的
but I didn't tell her what we used to get up to.
- 那女孩儿是谁 - 带着果香的弗莱明
- Who was she? - Fruity Fleming.
带着果香的
Fruity?
是啊 我们的莉迪亚·弗莱明
Yeah. Ripe for the plucker
比我们这些普通人出众太多了
was our Lydia Fleming.
最后嫁给了我们的霍顿少校
Wound up to marry our Major Horton.
谢谢
Thank you.
我只认识大家都认识的那个艾米
Hm. I only knew Amy as, erm... what she was.
霍诺丽娅经常抱怨她的缺点
Honoria rang out her shortcomings
懂得点礼貌 但是...
somewhat polite, but ...
特伦斯 我正在努力为这个国家
Terence, I'm wrap shores with
争取更多左派的阵地
the lefttenent of the county.
- 听起来很棒 - 事实上 很辛苦
- Must be exciting. - Darned hard work, actually.
等他赢了竞选以后
And when he wins the election ...
如果他能进入内阁做事 就会变得更辛苦了
If he gets his cabinet position, it will get even harder.
少校就玩不成高尔夫了吧
I supose the major will have to cut down his golf?
不 不 不 热衷玩高尔夫的人是我
No, no, no, I'm the keen golfer.
休今年都没玩过呢
Hugh hasn't played all this year.
你最近有和艾普森秘密调查机构打交道吗
Have you had recent dealings with the Empson Confidential Enquiry Agents?
你怎么知道
How do you know that?
他们帮你调查些什么
Which inquiries were they making for you?
一些机密的事 要我说出来吗
Confidencial ones, hence their name?
抱歉打扰你们 你的茶好了巡警先生
Sorry to interrupt. Your tea is waiting, constable.
艾米
Amy?
问他是不是她去见的人
Was it him she went to meet?
抱歉 我这就走了
Sorry. I'll be going now.
平克顿小姐死的那天
On the day Miss Pinkerton died,
我知道艾米·吉布斯去会见了某个人
I understand Amy Gibbs went to meet a man.
我询问了几个目击者 艾伯特先生
I'm interviewing several witnesses, Mr Abbot.
目击者
Witnesses?
在威奇伍德想避开大家的视线是不可能的
You can't even sneeze in Wychwood without someone offering you a hanky.
你是说有目击者见到我 和艾米在一起吗
Are you saying a witness saw me, with Amy?
我们以前会在瀑布旁的树林里见面
We used to meet in the woods, by the waterfall.
她怀的是我的孩子
It was my baby she was carrying ...
现在她死了
.. And now she's dead.
如果传出去 会坏了我的名声
And so is my reputation, if it gets out.
这是你情我愿的事情 特里
Oh, she was willing enough, and I do have needs, Terry.
我不像霍顿那样 有那么多秘密
And not much going for me, not like Horton.
这和少校有什么关系
What's the Major got to do with this?
- 我知道一些秘密 - 比如说
- I know things. - Such as?
他非常不负责任
His disgraceful lack of responsability.
你有没有想过
Have you ever wondered
为什么伦纳德·韦恩弗利特会溺水
why Leonard Waynflete drowned?
- 他站在石头上滑倒了 - 对
- He slipped on the rocks. - Yes.
前一天晚上 霍顿一直灌他喝威士忌
And the night before, Horton was pouring whísky down him.
他喝得晕乎乎的
He drank enough to sank a battleship ...
直到第二天都是头晕脑胀
and still would have been whoozy the next day.
也许这就是他失去平衡的原因
Maybe that's why he lost his balance?
你说你知道些秘密
You said you know things.
你还知道少校的什么事情
What else do you know about the Major?
目前这些就足够了
That will do for now.
- 你差点杀死我 - 你差点跟踪我
- You nearly killed me. - You nearly follwed me.
你为什么来威奇伍德
Why did you come to Wychwood?
- 你来找什么 - 不是你
- What're you looking for? - Not you.
目前为止
Yet.
我得先告诉你 特里
Before I forget, Terry,
那本消失的书又出现了
that missing book's turned up,
但我不知道是怎么回事
but I can't think how...
先别管那本书了 请坐吧
Oh, never mind the library book. Just sit down, please.
托马斯医生 你认识一个叫亨利的人吗
Dr. Thomas, do you know a Henry?
不认识
No.
你今早为什么去赫胥黎会堂
Why were you out at Hexley Hall earlier today?
赫胥黎会堂
Hexley Hall?
有人注意到你了
You were observed.
亨利·天普尔
Henry Temple.
他是那儿的一个精神病医生
He's a psychiatrist there.
我去见了他几次
Hum, I've been seeing him a couple of times to discuss...
讨论关于你母亲的问题
possibilities for your mother.
- 她得了精神失常 - 你怎么知道
- She's heading for a nervous breakdown. - How do you know?
还有什么能解释她现在的行为
Why else is she behaving the way she is?
好了
Well ...
感觉就像刚考完试一样
I feel I just took an exam.
那你是满分通过了
Ah, you passed with flying colours.
你觉得艾伯特先生所说的
Do you think there's anything in what Mr Abbot said
少校和伦纳德·韦恩弗利特的事有问题吗
about the Major and Leonard Waynflete?
很多问题
Plenty, yes.
- 现在我要去图书馆了 - 那我就在这里
- Now I must go the library. - Oh. Well, shall I wait here
等卢克打电♥话♥报告进度
in case Luke telephones with a progress report?
希望他径直去达洛和艾普森秘密调查机构后
Ah, I hope he'll be staight back, once he went straight to Darlow
能直接赶回来吧
and to Empson Confidential Enquiry Agents.
《自然中的毒药》
剧集 | 马普尔小姐探案(2004) | 导航列表