剧集 | 年轻一代(2015) | 导航列表
That's what I do.
这是我的风格
I've been very up front about that.
我在这方面做的非常先锋
Okay.
好吧
Hmm. Are we good?
嗯 不生气了?
Yeah.
嗯
We're good.
一点不生气
Hello, Liza Miller?
我是莉萨·米勒 请问你是
Hey, smut lover.
是我 小黄书迷
I did a think, and it turns out I do have someone for you.
回头想想 我还真有一个人适合你
Go on. She's a shortstory writer,
我听着呢 她是短篇小说作家
been featured in literary magazines,
原先在文学杂♥志♥上写连载小说的
won several awards,
得过几个奖
professor of literature at Columbia.
是哥伦比亚大学的文学教授
Never made a dime in her life. You get it.
但是没赚到过钱 你懂吧
Got it. The struggle is real.
知道 真·差钱
We don't say that anymore.
这个梗早过时了
Oh. The only reason I keep her
好吧 我签她的唯一原因
on my roster is to stay one with the people who still like
就是为了留住那些爱把自己代入
experimental, second-person, surrealist fiction.
第二人称超现实主义小说的读者
And she wants to write romance?
她愿意写言情小说
Lord, no!
当然不了
She wouldn't be caught dead near the stuff.
她以前死都不愿意沾手那些玩意儿
Child número three of four is heading off to college.
她生了四个娃 老三马上要读大学了
Ahh. Well, we're meeting authors later today.
我们今天晚点要见些作家
Do you think she could make it on such short notice?
这种临时通知的你觉得她能过得来么?
What part of "Four kids to put through college"
"要供四个上大学的孩子"这句话中
did you not understand?
哪个字是你不懂的?
She'll be there. Bells. Bye.
她会到的 拜
Okay, I am officially not a fan
好吧 我真的不喜欢
of the girl Josh is seeing.
乔什现在约会的女孩
Montana? She Porky-pigged me.
蒙塔纳是吧? 她的小妹妹真是辣到我眼睛了
Oh, you're gonna have to help me here.
你得解释一下
You mean, she has a stutter?
你是指 她有口吃吗?
Just the top, no bottoms,
只穿上衣 不♥穿♥裤子
walking around the apartment at 7:00 a.M.
早上七点在公♥寓♥里走来走去
with her muff out.
妹妹毛就这么露在外面
I hate that she even has a muff.
我讨厌她居然还没刮毛
When were you going to tell me that Lachlan Flynn
你要什么时候告诉我拉克兰·弗林
is interested in Empirical?
对经验出版社有兴趣
I was coming to tell you just now.
我刚才是要来告诉你的
I got distracted. I distracted her.
我分心了 我让她分心了
I'm a distractor. It's my thing.
我总是分散别人的注意力 我的锅
Well, he's waiting in the conference room,
他现在在会议室等着
and he wants you to be in the meeting.
以及他希望你能出席会议
Right now? Yeah.
现在? 没错
Good that he's here,
他能在这里很好
but you, uh, kind of dropped the ball on this, Kelsey.
但是你 凯尔西 在这件事上做的不太好
So I take it the date with Zane went well?
所以我可以认为你和赞恩的约会进展得还顺利?
Yes, it did.
是的
Now excuse me while I go steal one of his top authors.
现在请原谅我要去挖走他最棒的作家之一了
Lachlan was saying how excited he is by Empirical's promise
拉克兰刚才提到他对经验出版社承诺
to sell him to a female audience.
把他推销给女性读者 感到很激动
Kelsey?
凯尔西?
I'd consider doing pink covers.
我还会考虑采用小粉红封面
If your next novel can have a female protagonist
如果你下部小说的女主角能像
just as adept as your previous male ones,
之前的男性主角们一样内行的话
this market is yours.
那这个市场就属于你
And I can guide you there.
而我能带你赢得这个市场
Women who love spy novels will love you.
喜爱间谍小说的女人们也会爱你
No pink covers necessary.
没有必要用粉色封面
One second!
等下!
Coming!
来了!
Hi. Hey.
嗨 嘿
Don't worry, you timed it right.
不用担心 你时机很合适
Liza's at work.
莉萨在工作
What's up? Uh...
怎么了? 啊...
I got to talk to you about something.
我需要跟你说些事
Oh, I know.
我知道
I lost a good assistant because of you.
因为你 我失去了一个好助手
Ever tell you not to shit where I eat?
没有告诉过你不要在我头上撒野
Hey. You introduced us, okay?
嘿 你介绍我们认识的 好么?
But I'm not sure I'm the reason she quit.
但是我不确定我是她辞职的原因
What do you mean? Did you know
你什么意思? 你知不知道
she's got this show coming up at Gray Space?
她马上要在灰色空间办展了?
Of what, her painted jackets?
关于什么的展 她夹克上面的画?
Yeah.
对
I mean, she's also painting over other things, too...
我是说 她也在其他东西上面画画...
Oh. Like, uh...
哦 比如 昂...
other people's art.
别人的艺术作品上
What? Look, Mags...
什么? 玛吉 你看啊
one of your pieces is in the show.
你的一件作品也会出现在画展上
It's weird. She has this, like, whole theory behind it.
这很怪 她对这件事有自己的一套理论
I don't know. The opening's tonight.
我不知道 这个展今晚开幕
Honestly, I just...
老实说 我只是...
I didn't feel good about going without telling you first, so...
觉得光去看展却不把这事告诉你 不太好...
I appreciate that.
我很感激
You okay?
你还好吗?
Oh, yeah. Yeah.
还好 还好
I'm just fabulous.
我只是难以置信
Coffee?
咖啡?
I think we have a real shot with Lachlan.
我们和拉克兰有真正合作的机会了
You were a shark in there.
你在会上就像鲨鱼一样
It's a good thing some female sharks
一些雌性鲨鱼可以
can reproduce alone.
单性繁殖是一件好事
Can they?
她们可以?
Mm-hmm. Yeah.
嗯哼 是的
Some hammerheads.
一些锤头鲨
That's, uh, super weird.
那真是 超级奇怪
Of course he cooks.
当然了 他会做饭
God.
天
If it were up to me,
要我说的话
I would do everything Belinda Lacroix did
我会写贝琳达·拉克鲁瓦写过的所有东西
but with much kinkier sex.
但是会加很多变♥态♥的性行为
I'm thinking vampires, but they don't have fangs.
我想写成吸血鬼 但是他们没有毒牙
It's all about longing, frustration, and veganism.
是完全关于渴望 沮丧和素食主义的
Picture wolves with human genitals.
想象一头有着人类生殖器的狼
And, of course... They get their...
当然了 他们有他们的...
h... e...
H(童话) E(故事)
A.S.
AS(般的结局)
I think I am allergic...
我觉得我对这些女人...
...to these women.
有些过敏...
As someone who teaches literature,
作为一个教文学的人
I would want to elevate the genre,
我会想要去提升这种体裁
make it more grounded.
让它更接地气
So you mean no shape-shifters?
所以你是说没有变身?
Excuse me? Just checking.
对不起? 只是确认一下
Uh, please continue.
请继续
I don't know if my agent mentioned this to you,
我不知道我的代理人有没有跟你们提过
but I can't always deliver happy endings.
我不会总是写大团圆结局
Then don't.
那就不要写
You would consider that?
你们会考虑悲剧?
After the pitches we heard today,
今天听过了那些解说之后
we would consider almost anything.
我们几乎会考虑任何事情
I know the happy ending is the big rule in romance,
我知道大团圆结局在爱情小说中是必须的
but I want to blow it up.
但是我想毁掉这个规则
It's just too expected.
大家对爱情的期望太高了
And my stories would be about real love.
我的故事是关于真爱
Lust and desire, yes,
性和欲 当然会有
but also about the damage that people do to one another.
但是 也会关于人们对彼此造成的伤害
And you wouldn't mind writing under Belinda's name?
以及你不介意以贝琳达的名义写?
剧集 | 年轻一代(2015) | 导航列表