剧集 | 纽约客再现(2015) | 导航列表
纽约客杂♥志♥档案室
早上10:32
图书馆
牛背上的人生
我怎么告诉你的
What did I tell you about this?
妈妈
Hey, Mommy.
我怎么告诉你的
What did I tell you?
小牛骑手
我遇见我太太的时候
Whenever me and my wife met,
她已经生了Rhyder
she had already had Rhyder,
他当时3岁
and he was 3 years old.
我们去看一个小马术表演 他看见骑羊比赛
We went to a little rodeo, and he seen some sheep riding,
Rhyder的继父
我们去看一个小马术表演 他看见骑羊比赛
We went to a little rodeo, and he seen some sheep riding,
Rhyder的继父
他说 我想要骑那个
and he said, "I want to do that."
Rhyder的继父
他说 我想要骑那个
and he said, "I want to do that."
我们把他放上一只羊 他就骑走了
We put him on one, and he got off,
他脸上绽放着微笑
and he just had this big smile on his face
笑得很开心 觉得这是最酷的事情
and was laughing and thought it was the coolest thing.
每当我开始练习一整套动作
Whenever I started practicing a whole bunch
我很快就能做得很好
and I started getting a lot better,
我是世界冠军
and I was-- I was world champion.
准备好了?
Ready?
放开围栏
Bust him. Bust him.
勒住 去那边
Get a hold! Get a hold! Get over there!
去那边
Get over there!
起来
Get up.
没抓住缰绳吧 对么
Spurred yourself in the butt, didn't you?
-他都没碰着你 -我摔在石头上了
- He never touched you. - I fell on a rock!
指给我看看哪儿有石头
Show me where there's a rock.
就在这儿
Right there!
看看 那是石头么
Look. Look. Is that a rock?
那不是石头
That ain't a rock.
你自己没抓住缰绳
You spurred yourself in the butt
就因为你松手了
because you let go.
起来吧 你得再试一次
Get up. You're getting on another one.
你不能松手
You can't let go.
走走就不疼了
Walk it off.
你哭什么呢
What are you crying about?
你抽泣什么呢
What are you sniveling about?
哪儿疼
What hurts?
-哪儿疼啊 -手疼
- What hurts? - My hand.
手为什么疼
Why does your hand hurt?
绳子太紧了
My rope was too tight.
不对 你手疼
No. Your hand don't hurt
不是因为绳子太紧了
because your rope's too tight.
你手疼因为你是个胆小鬼
Your hand hurts because you're a wiener.
别哭了
Quit crying.
不然你去玩那些无聊的游戏
Or you can go play tiddlywinks.
你想玩挑圆片么
You want to go play tiddlywinks?
-不想 -我知道你不想
- No. - I know you don't.
你想骑小牛 我知道你想
You want to ride calves. I know you do.
你做得很好
You're good at it.
击个掌 要当冠军还是当笨蛋
Give me some. Are you a champ or chump?
-当冠军 -冠军还是笨蛋
- Champ. - Champ or chump?
-冠军 -确定吗
- Champ. - Are you sure?
要强壮起来是很难的
It's tough to make them tough.
-你确定吗 -确定
- You sure? - Yes, sir.
那好 再击个掌
All right, give me another.
好了 表现好点
All right, be bad.
他有点难过 他想做这个
He has a hard time. He wants to do it.
他有点沮丧而已
He does get upset, you know,
有时候有点害怕
and he kind of freaks out at times.
但是我不会让他受伤的
But I've never let him get hurt.
你可以的
You can do it.
这是一项艰难的运动
It's a rough sport.
你起来再继续下一次
You get up and go get on the next one.
-准备好了? -抓住
- You ready? - Squeeze.
放开围栏 抓住 别松手
Buck him. Squeeze. Don't let go.
抓住 抓住
Stay with him! Stay with him!
抓住 别松手
Stay with him! Don't let go!
这次做得不错
There you go.
下次再试就这么做
What you did right there is trying.
如果你每次都怎么做
If you do that every time,
接下来的训练就会水到渠成 懂了吗
the rest of it will come together, you hear me?
懂了
Yes, sir.
加油 Rhyder
Come on, Rhyder.
这些够吗
Hey, is this good?
那是一小垛干草
It's a flake of hay.
给你 Bucky
Here, Bucky.
就这么做
Just do this right here.
拿两条钢丝系在一起
Take both wires and just twist it up.
Rhyder喜欢在牧场里帮我
Rhyder likes to help me out here at the ranch.
我以运送牛群为生
I haul bulls for a living
我猜这是遗传的吧
because it's in my blood, I guess.
我们所在的牧场
The ranch that we're at here now
是钻石公牛牧场
is Diamond S Bucking Bulls.
我在这工作六年半了
I've worked here six and a half years.
我们致力于制♥造♥超级明星
What we're trying to do is generate superstars.
我们大概有1♥0♥0♥0♥0♥英亩土地
We roughly have, probably, 10,000 acres.
我从小就骑牛
I grew up rodeoing.
那是我的事业
That's how I made my living.
我26岁的时候
I was 26, I guess.
放弃了骑牛
Uh, I finally quit riding bulls.
我退休了 现在我在家
I hung it up. Now I can be home
帮助Rhyder练习
to help Rhyder, you know, practice more.
我们要去YBR世界小骑手决赛
We're going to the YBR World Finals
在得克萨斯州的Abilene
in Abilene, Texas.
所以我们这周要好好表现
So we're going to ride good this week,
你会赢得奖金
and you're going to win some money
还有奖牌
and some buckles.
你是想要继续骑小牛
Are you going to keep riding calves,
还是想要比赛结束就放弃
or are you going to quit after World?
-继续骑小牛么 -不
- And calves? - No.
你说你不骑小牛了
You said I'm done riding calves.
我要骑马
I'm riding ponies.
如果你选择不骑了
Well, if you choose to be done,
那就不骑了
then you choose to be done.
你每骑一头小牛
For every calf that you cover,
我就自己掏腰包给你25美元
I'll give you $25 out of my pocket.
你根本没有25美元
You don't even have $25.
我有
Yeah, I do.
再加上你赢的钱
Plus whatever you win.
当你骑三头小牛 然后加上短距离的比赛
If you ride three calves and then plus your short ride,
你光从我这儿就能赚100美元
you're going to make $100 just from me.
你有信心么
You got faith in yourself?
-有的 -好
- Yes. - Okay.
去证明大家都是错的吧
Just prove everybody wrong.
我里要带12头牛去世界小骑手决赛
I'm going to take 12 bulls out to the YBR World Finals.
我希望那些孩子们能取得好成绩
I hope them kids do good on them.
我也是
I do, too.
我希望大家都有好运气
I don't wish bad luck for nobody,
但是我们也会看见他们到底骑得好不好
but we'll see how good of riders they really are.
没错
That's right.
德克萨斯州阿比林市
Abilene, Texas,
这是第八届世界小骑手决赛
it is the eighth annual YBR World Finals.
这是一场全是孩子的比赛
It's all about the kids.
让我告诉你们奖金是多少
And let me tell you what about the prize money.
全部比赛结束
By the end of it all,
我们将会给冠军骑手超过
we're going to be paying out over $80,000
8万美元的奖励
to the champions.
下面出场的是1号♥选手
Well, it's time to start go-round number 1.
剧集 | 纽约客再现(2015) | 导航列表