剧集 | 纽约客再现(2015) | 导航列表
你好 这里是纽约客杂♥志♥社
Hi, I'm calling from The New
事实核查部
Yorker magazine's fact-checking department.
如果方便的话
There's just a couple of details
我希望向您核实一些细节问题
that I'd like to run by you, if that's okay.
在你的描述中
So you describe, um,
赛义德来自水果采摘工家庭吗
Sayed as coming from a family of fruit-pickers?
这里的酒吧曾经是五金店吗 好的
We have here that the bar used to be a hardware store? Okay.
现在的问题相信你明白
The question here is that the official inauguration,
宣誓就职是在1925年
I'm sure you know this, was in 1925.
你供应桶装白葡萄酒 明白了
You serve white wine on tap. I see.
所以你是说 被放逐的岁月
So you thought "Age of Ostracism"
这是更直接的表达方法
That was a more literal translation.
但我觉得 都可以
But I guess-- Both work.
作者在这里形容了一种烟熏香蕉的味道
The author here describes kind of a smoked banana taste?
- 好的 - 约瑟夫想不起那件事了
- All right. - Joseph doesn't recall the incident,
但那不重要
but that's neither here nor there.
DJ戴着大眼镜 播放着灵魂的音乐
The DJ wore big glasses and spun soul records.
好的 很棒
Okay. Excellent.
非常感谢今天您抽空接听电♥话♥
I really appreciate you taking the time to speak with me today.
杂♥志♥星期一可以在报亭买♥♥到了
It should be out on newsstands Monday.
祝你度过愉快的一天
Have a good day.
心理学年鉴
虚幻的星
我的天啊
Holy cow!
妄想是一种错误的固定想法
Delusions are fixed ideas that are usually false
尽管有压倒性的证据可以反驳它
that people hold on to tenaciously
但人们还是执着的坚持这种想法
despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
我们见到过许多形式的心理疾病
We see every form of mental illness.
精神病医师
我们见到过许多形式的心理疾病
We see every form of mental illness.
精神病医师
有人认为自己的邻居是吸血鬼
Someone who thinks that their neighbor is a vampire,
精神病医师
有人认为自己的邻居是吸血鬼
Someone who thinks that their neighbor is a vampire,
或者他们的血液已经不在自己的身体里了
or their blood is not in their body any longer.
有一天 一个绅士走进来说
One day, this gentleman walked in.
他的眼睛里装着摄相机
He said that he had cameras in his eyes.
他生活中的每个人 他的家庭成员
Everyone in his life, his family members,
他的邻居 都是演员
his neighbors, were all actors
他们都在念台词
and were reading from scripts.
他问我 你知不知道到那部电影 楚门的世界
He asked me, "Do you know the movie, The Truman Show?"
那就是我的生活
That's my life.
在接下来的几年中
Over the course of the next couple of years,
我遇到过5个人说过这样的话
I saw five guys saying the same thing.
他们觉得他们的生活在未经本人的同意下
They felt that their lives were being taped
被录制成了真人秀
for reality television without their consent.
十年前 一位名叫Tim的艺术家饱受来自"楚门的世界"的妄想
他同意把他的妄想通过他的作品描绘出来
那应该是大二
I believe it was the summer after
过后的暑假
my sophomore year of college.
日子看起来很顺利 我有个很酷的公♥寓♥
Things were looking good. I had a really cool apartment.
有很好的朋友 画画挣钱
I had good friends. I was making money on drawings.
我有各种各样的灵感
I was having all sorts of new ideas,
每分每秒每天都在不停思考
thinking 24 hours a day at a million miles a minute.
我不再需要睡眠
Sleep became not a requirement for me.
我自己的看法是 我从来没这么好过
My own perception was that I had never been better.
我有些朋友
Some friends of mine were
返回科罗拉多州去上学
heading back out to go to school in Colorado.
他们问我 嗨 有兴趣来个公路旅行吗
They said, "Hey, are you interested in a little road trip?"
我们是一帮20岁的孩子
We're a couple of 20-year-old kids.
在玉米地里开车穿行10个小时
We're driving through cornfields for 10 hours at a time.
我从未感受过如此广阔的天空
I've never experienced skies so large.
我表现的越来越古怪
I was acting increasingly more erratic,
他们用越来越担心的眼神看着我
and they're looking at me with increasingly concerned eyes.
我只是笑着
I just sort of grin with
觉得自己从来没有这么好过
this knowledge that I've never been better,
只是他们不懂
and they just don't quite get it.
大约在一个月后的一个晚上
One night, probably about a month later,
其他人都睡了
as everyone else is going to bed,
我决定爬上房♥顶
I decide to climb up onto the roof.
太阳渐渐升起的时候
As the sun is starting to come up,
脑海里发生了变化
something has really turned a corner in my mind,
我有种感觉
and I have this sort of realization.
周围都是摄像机 我被录影了
There are cameras everywhere. I'm being broadcast.
我本质上在被
I'm essentially being watched
世界上的每一个人监视着
by everyone probably around the whole world.
墙上有摄像机
There's a camera in a wall
也许旁边跑过的松鼠上也有
or potentially in a squirrel scurrying by.
我的整个人生都可能被录下来了
I've probably been being watched my entire life.
人类妄想的历史
Delusions have been around
同人类本身一样长
as long as people have been around.
经典的案例就是
The classic example of people
人们会臆想自己是拿破仑
thinking that they were Napoleon.
人们在冷战时或许会偏执的幻想
Paranoid delusions during the Cold War
美国中♥央♥情报局
when someone might believe that the CIA
和美国联邦调查局在跟踪他们
and the FBI was following them.
但是我认为有些方面
However, there's something that I think is
和楚门的世界中的妄想是有本质性的差别的
qualitatively different about the Truman Show delusion.
其他错觉往往更有局限性
Other delusions tend to be more narrow.
如果我认为我的邻居
If I think that my neighbor
在试图毒害我 我可能会去报♥警♥
is trying to poison me, I might go to the police.
楚门的世界的妄想 包含了整个世界
Truman Show delusion, the whole world is involved.
太阳升起来了 我从屋顶跳下来
The sun's just come up. I hop down off the roof.
我在附近走了走
I'm walking around the neighborhood.
光着脚 穿着破洞牛仔裤
I'm barefoot. I'm wearing ripped jeans
没穿上衣
- and no shirt.
我路过一间房♥子 它周边的东西
I come to a house, and something about it,
无论是停在车道上的红色卡车
whether it's, like, the red truck parked in the driveway
还是出♥售♥的标签
or the for-sale sign,
都让我觉得 如果我解决了这个游戏
I realize that, if I solve the game,
哦 酷 这个房♥子是我的了
"Oh, cool, I get this house."
这会是对我的奖励
That would be my prize.
我趴在窗户上偷♥窥♥ 看起来像个疯子
And I'm peeking through windows, looking like a crazy person,
我跳过栅栏 才发现
and I hop a fence, only to discover
有两辆警车
that there's two cop cars.
对我来说 这简直太让我激动了
To me, this is just hysterical.
我朝他们走过去 说 这太棒了
I'm walking up to them and saying, "This is good.
这看起来完全合法 这些服装看起来很真实啊
"This looks totally legitimate. These costumes look authentic.
你的角色扮演做的太棒了
You're doing an excellent job of staying in character."
我在这时候邂逅的每一个人
Everyone that I'm encountering at this point,
不管他们长什么样子
whatever they look like--
你懂得 他们看起来确实
You know, surely they look sort
有点像我遇到过的什么人
of similar to someone I've met throughout my life.
所以我看着这位警官
So I'm looking at this police officer
想着他看起来有点像我四年级的老师
and thinking he looks a little bit like my fourth-grade teacher.
也许这场游戏的扮演者是有限的
You know, maybe there was a limited pool of actors available
那就是我的人生
for this game that is my life.
最终他们问我想不想跟他们走
Eventually they ask if I wanna come with them.
我说 好啊 在我的感觉中
I say, "Absolutely." In my mind, we're hopping in the police car,
我们是在揭示真♥相♥的路上
and we are heading to the reveal.
警♥察♥局的车♥库♥大门打开后
A huge garage door at the police station is going to open.
里面有我的家人 朋友
Behind that will be my friends, family,
前女友 以前教过我的老师
old girlfriends, old teachers.
我曾经认识的每个人都会在那出现
Everyone I've ever known are going to be there.
我们现在培养孩子的的理念是
We are raising our children with the notion that
你也可以明天就出名
you, too, can be famous tomorrow.
现在人们真的可以
Now people can truly be viewed
被数以百万计的人观看
by tens of millions of people.
我看过一个杂耍猫的视频
When I watch someone juggling cats,
我发现2千万人曾经看过
and I see that 20 million people have viewed that,
这对我的思维会产生什么影响
what does that do to my mind?
现实和虚幻的界限
The line between reality and unreality
在渐渐模糊
continues to blur.
当我跌跌撞撞地回父母家时
剧集 | 纽约客再现(2015) | 导航列表