剧集 | 纽约客再现(2015) | 导航列表
我想
说西班牙语
是的 我想学
学习 学习
但我怎么说"更好"
更好地学习西班牙语
我想更好地学习西班牙语
作为一个在古巴的美国人 你很快就意识到
As an American in Cuba, you quickly realize
你对这个国家知之甚少
how little you actually know of this country
而你已经听说了很多
you've heard so much about.
教师 艺术家 医生
Teachers, artists, doctors--
我和各界人士愉快交谈
I talked to people across the spectrum.
我了解到的一件事 就是在这个
One thing I learn is, in a country where
每人平均每月赚30块钱的国家
the average person makes 30 bucks a month,
你得拼命挣钱才能生存
everybody's gotta hustle to survive.
我是68岁的人了
我在古巴当了35年的摄影师
你的器材很绝妙
还环保
环保
经过几十年的政♥治♥和经济封锁
After decades of political and economic isolation,
哈瓦那曾经显赫一时的辉煌似乎已经破旧不堪了
Havana's one-time grandeur seems weary and rundown,
但是她的人♥民♥没有
but not its people.
对他们来说 生存就是生活的方式
For them, survival has become a way of life.
他们把它叫做“La Lucha” 也就是战斗
They call it "La Lucha"-- or the fight.
销♥售♥宗教用品是个好生意
They call it "La Lucha"-- or the fight.
销♥售♥宗教用品是个好生意
古巴已经禁了宗教很长时间了
以上都是革命后才有的
所以前几年我们必须秘密地参加
文化上 古巴是生动的 兴旺的 转变的
Culturally, Cuba is alive, thriving and transforming.
除了正在进行的人♥权♥问题关注
Despite ongoing human rights concerns,
你从人们身上发现的最重要的感受
the overriding sense you get from people
是这个国家正处于过渡期
is of a nation in transition.
如今 同性恋者的权益开始在古巴被认可
曾经男人是不可以穿得像个女人
你不能是个异装癖
但是现在更自♥由♥了
几乎我每一次交谈中
In nearly every conversation I have,
古巴和美国的关系都自然而然的出现
Cuba's relationship with America naturally arises.
但异乎寻常的是 对古巴人来说
But what's striking is that, for Cubans,
过去的60年只是一长串
the last 60 years have been just one chapter
不幸与再造的历史事件里的一章而已
in a long saga of adversity and reinvention.
古巴有很多美好的事物
音乐
人们的精神
我们摆脱了西班牙人
我们摆脱了美国人
放在这里的黑帮
我们现在正逃离俄♥国♥的怀抱
古巴在这里
不管发生什么 古巴还在
离我的演讲还有几天 我决定离开城市
With my talk a few days off, I decide to get out of the city
到乡村去冒险
and venture into the countryside.
有一些关于美国古巴关系
There are growing rumors
可能解冻的传言
of a possible thaw in U.S.-Cuba relations,
我开始觉得这应该是我演讲的主题
and I'm starting to think this should be the subject of my talk.
但是我确实对哈瓦那以外的人♥民♥
But I do wonder how people outside Havana
怎么看待他们的国家和他们的未来感到好奇
view their country and its future.
在古巴每26人里才有一个人有车
There's one car for every 26 people in Cuba,
因此搭便车很寻常
so hitchhiking is a common practice,
这就给了我最更多研究的机会
and this gives me a chance to do some more research.
你觉得古巴怎么样
这个国家赋予了我们一切
教育是免费的
医疗是免费的
这才是基础的
不好的事是
工作 工资非常低
我们战斗 我们挣扎 我们生存
We fight, we struggle, we survive.
当谈话继续发展 我越来越受打击
As conversation develops, I'm increasingly struck
古巴人行走在一条微妙的路线上
by the delicate line Cubans walk
他们徘徊在骄傲和纠结之间
between their pride and their struggle--
以及什么能说什么不能说
between what they can say and not say.
对我来说 困难的是
也对很多古巴人来说
食品问题
和药物
几乎每个人都表达了对
While nearly everyone expresses frustration
古巴经济灾难的沮丧之情
at Cuba's economic woes,
但他们分别把责任推给美国的禁令
they are divided on how much to blame the U.S. Embargo
和他们自己的政♥府♥身上
and how much their own government.
禁令给我们带来很大的影响
The embargo is something that is affecting us.
我是说 我们古巴人也想要麦当劳 耐克
I mean, we Cubans, we want McDonalds, we want Nike,
我们想用苹果手♥机♥ 你们有的我们都想要
we want Apple, we want everything that you have.
但是我真的认为最重要的事情是
But I really think that the most important thing is
我们的政♥府♥得有足够的智慧来决定
our government to have the wisdom of knowing how much
我们对你们开放贸易
we need to open trade with you,
但是用一些限制来改变
but to alter it with some boundaries
这样你们就不会控制一切
so you will not take over everything.
我们可不能变成波多黎各(自治邦 官方语言为西班牙语)
We cannot became Puerto Rico.
哦天
Oh, God.
有人吗
¡Hola!
有人吗
¡Hola!
有人吗
¡Hola!
有人吗
¡Hola!
有人吗
¡Hola!
有人吗
¡Hola!
首先 我必须说明
First of all, I should say
在那之后所有事情都在好转
right off that everything turned out fine.
骑自行车的人活了下来 我也没被追究责任
The cyclist survived, and I was cleared of any wrongdoing.
但是当时那一下 我真的以为我杀了个人
But for a while there, I honestly thought I'd killed a man
就在这个我刚开始要了解的国家
in a country I was just trying to get to know better.
我甚至想到我可能
I even thought I might
要在古巴监狱里度过余生了
spend the rest of my life in a Cuban prison.
但是这些都没发生
But none of that happened.
事故发生三天之后
Just three days after the accident,
我站在哈瓦那国家戏剧院的后台
I'm standing backstage at Havana's Teatro Nacional,
准备做关于美国和古巴关系的演讲
about to give my talk on U.S.-Cuba relations.
很骄傲来到第一次的哈瓦那TED演讲
I'm very proud to be here at the first TEDxHabana ever.
说实话 我都不记得当时说了什么
Honestly, I can barely remember what I said that day.
有一阵 我向下看 发现
At one point, I looked down and noticed
我的鞋子上还有自行车手的血
I still had the cyclist's blood on my shoes.
我想要传达一种古巴人♥民♥
I wanted to convey the complex picture
与我分享的关于他们国家的复杂画面
that Cuban people had shared with me of their country.
对于民♥主♥自♥由♥受到压♥迫♥的问题
The question of the oppression of democratic freedoms.
他们当然说起过对人♥权♥的争斗
They had spoken, of course, of their struggle for human rights,
但是同样也表达了对他们社会的高度自豪感
but equally had expressed genuine pridein their society.
然而我自己 在上周
And I, myself, had an emergency
就在我在古巴的时候发生了一次紧急事故
in the past week while I was here in Cuba.
幸亏每个人都没事
Thankfully, everybody is okay.
事实说明 医疗系统是非常
The truth is, the medical system had been
有职业水准的 有爱又高效
professional, caring, and effective,
但是让我没想到的是 警♥察♥也是如此
but perhaps less expectedly, so were the police.
对我的审问时间长 但是公正
My interrogation was long but fair.
给我提供了一名律师和翻译
I was provided a lawyer and translator
整个过程都在场
who were present throughout.
最后 我的演讲畅想了某一天
Ultimately, my talk imagined a day
美国的禁令被解除了
when the U.S. Embargo might be lifted.
古巴会不会从自♥由♥市场里获利
Would Cuba be able to reap benefits from the free market
但不会失去
without compromising the
我在他们社会系统中看到的这种力量
strengths I had seen in its social system?
突然地 我的演讲
Suddenly, my talk,
本来是非常学术化的
which might have otherwise been pretty academic,
却变得有了一丝现实的意味
had gotten a dose of reality.
这些都非常超现实
It was all pretty surreal.
所以这绝对非常有趣
So it's definitely a interesting thing
回到当初的那个地方
to go back to a place where
在那里你曾有过真正的创伤经历
you've had a really traumatic experience.
我为什么要回去 在释放我之前
Why had I returned? Before releasing me,
警♥察♥说 我的受害人
the police said my victim's
受伤比较严重 但是没有生命危险
injuries were serious but not life threatening.
他是一名农夫 所以可能会有一段时间无法工作
He was a farmer and so would likely be out of work for some time,
但是他活下来了
but he was alive.
这很让人欣慰 可是时间过去 一件事让我不安
This was comforting. But over time, one thing gnawed at me.
在那场事故的混乱中 我基本上没看到他的脸
In the chaos of it all, I had barely seen his face.
不好意思 打扰一下
我在找一个叫的奥贝托男人
我来找奥贝托
打扰一下 女士
我在找一个叫奥贝托的男人
你说什么
奥贝托或者维莱塔
你好 我叫尤金
剧集 | 纽约客再现(2015) | 导航列表