剧集 | 纽约客再现(2015) | 导航列表
well... happy.
快乐
Happy.
你认为这只是关于快乐
And you think that's what this is about?
不是吗 20年
Well, isn't it? I mean, 20 years, it's...
这是很长的一段时间了 对吗
It's been a long time, right?
看谁说这话
Who's to say.
一直很不错
Eh, it's been good.
有时会怪怪的
It's been weird at times.
但是还是不错的
But it's been good.
记得我们在纪念碑谷的度假吗
Remember the vacation we took at Monument Valley?
那次很好玩 除了我晒伤了这一点
That was pretty great. Except for the sunburn I got.
- 没错 - 很好玩
- Oh, yeah. - That was fun.
- 还有药 - 左洛复 安非他酮 百忧解(均治疗抑郁)
- And the meds. - Zoloft, Wellbutrin, Prozac.
还有那个来自墨西哥的非法的药
That illegal one from Mexico.
记得有一次你不小心给我开了雌性激素吗
Remember that estrogen drug you gave me by accident,
我的胸部开始膨胀
and I started growing breasts?
那是个印刷错误
That was a typo.
是我的责任
Th-that... that's on me.
如果你觉得你准备好离开
If you really think you're ready,
我能做的只有
then all I can do is...
祝你一切都好
wish you the best.
感谢你
I appreciate that.
之前那个角色扮演有点怪异 对吗
That role play thing a while back got weird, right?
那个服装
The costumes,
整个假扮宇航员的把戏
the whole astronaut thing.
为什么要有看法呢
Why judge it?
好吧
All right, then.
那就这样吧
All right indeed.
我有时候真的恨你
You know, I really hated you sometimes.
我也是
Ditto.
现在要结束了 我必须问
And now that it's ending, I... I have to ask,
有几次 我就是知道
there were times, I just know it,
我说的话你一个字都没有听进去 对吗
when you weren't listening to a word I was saying, right?
- 一个字都没听 - 神奇
- Not a word. - Amazing.
你能怪我吗 你从来不住嘴
Can you blame me? You never shut up.
好像你生来嘴上就没开关
It's like you were born without a filter.
发牢骚 母亲 父亲 兄弟 女朋友
The whining, mother, father, brother, girlfriend.
逼逼叨叨 逼逼叨叨
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...
谁在乎
Who cares?
很大程度上是个可怕的浪费
It's largely been a horrible waste, hasn't it?
- 差不多 - 所有的时间和金钱
- Pretty much. - All the time and money.
我在楠塔基特岛买♥♥了房♥子
Three words: house in Nantucket.
你是对所有的患者都这样还是只对我
Are you this way with all your patients or just me?
- 只对你 - 明白了
- Just you. - I see.
- 好吧 - 祝好运
- Well... - Good luck.
你担心成为同性恋吗
You worry about being homosexual?
你说什么
What's that?
没什么
N-nothing.
你问我是否担心自己是同性恋
Did you just ask if I worry about being homosexual?
不 是的 什么
No. Yes. What?
你什么意思
What do you mean?
你刚刚问我是不是担心自己是同性恋
You just asked if I worry about being homosexual.
- 你担心吗 - 不 为什么
- Do you? - No. Why?
- 你刚才的笑话 - 那是个笑话
- Your joke earlier. - It was a joke.
- 是吗 - 不是吗
- Was it? - Wasn't it?
下周从这里继续
Let's pick up here next week.
巴兹尔·特维斯特来了!
生命的概念
The idea of life
比生命本身
is, in fact, much more powerful to people
对人更有影响
than just life itself.
这就是木偶戏这么有力的原因
That's why puppets are so powerful.
因为木偶都是代指事物的概念
It's because they refer to the ideas of things, actually,
而不是它们本身
rather than the things themselves.
如果人们把木偶当做活物
When they see something as if it's alive...
那就是一个极大的存在主义的时刻
it's an enormous existential moment for people.
巴兹尔·特维斯特创作了数十部获奖的木偶剧
他因以认真而又精致的艺术形式振兴了木偶戏
于2015年荣获麦克阿瑟'天才'奖
我以前完全靠自己操办剧目
I used to make shows totally by myself.
这是我的特点
It was part of my "Thing."
我1988年来到了纽约
I came to New York '88, I'd say,
我开始在黄页上找木偶操纵师
and started to look up puppeteers in the phone book,
打电♥话♥给他们
and call them and just put myself out there.
现在我从纽约市的西村到东村
Now I go from the West Village to the East Village,
穿越过下东区
I go through the lower east side,
然后我穿过德兰西街
and then I cross Delancey Street,
到了市中心的边缘
and I get even farther downtown.
我真的能感觉游走
I mean, I really feel that geography
在其中的地理气息
as I travel.
有人组建了一个小的水族箱
Someone had put a small aquarium up.
就在我工作室的外面 所以我买♥♥回来了
It was right outside my studio, so I brought it in,
我给里面充满水 放进去一些布料
and filled it with water and put a piece of fabric in it.
粘在一根棍子上
On a stick.
看着有种漩涡的效果
And kind of swirled it around then looked at it.
然后觉得 "这个很酷"
And said, "Oh, yeah. That's cool."
任何事物都有灵魂
Well, there are spirits in everything around.
每块岩石
Every rock.
每把椅子
Every chair.
每件物品都有灵魂在里面
Every object has a spirit in it.
我有了灵感
I got hit.
就好像已经存在了
And it's like it exists already.
突然 你看见了
Suddenly, you see it.
就像一个考古学家
You're like an archaeologist,
掸扫去砂砾
and you're brushing away the sand,
然后看见了某个雕塑的
and then you see the corner of the ear
耳朵的一角
of some statue or something.
感觉灵机一动 有了
You're like, I got a hit, I see it,
就潜伏在脑子里
it's under here.
我看到了一个剧目
I could see that there was a show.
我将要制♥作♥一部剧目
I was gonna make a show.
我称之为"幻想交响曲"
The show I made is called "Symphonie Fantastique,"
是一个在水中的抽象木偶剧
which was this underwater abstract puppet show,
那个剧开启了我的人生中的很多事
and that started a lot for me, that show.
最终 我们在事物
Ultimately, we see...
上看到生命
life in things.
我们作为孩子都曾有过
We all as children had that thing
洋娃娃或者人形公仔
with our dolls or action figures or whatever,
你在玩他们的时候他们是活的
where you're in that world, it's completely alive.
你可以在
You see it all,
一个小的绿色塑料
there in a little...
陆军战士玩具上看到灵魂
green plastic Army soldier.
当我们被拉进成人世界
As we get sort of pulled farther away
面对小小的电脑屏幕时
into our little computer screens,
我们被一根棍子上的布条
we're even more blown away
上的魔力所震撼
by the magic of piece of fabric on a stick.
木偶戏比你手♥机♥上的所有
It's way more magical to us
东西还要神奇
than all that stuff you can do on your phone.
就发生在
That thing that happens
当一根绳子拉起一块木头
when a string picks up a piece of wood,
旋转起来
and it spins and you...
你真的就沉迷于此了
and you actually lose yourself in that,
木偶戏里的概念和精神才是真正的我们
this world of ideas and spirit is actually really who we are.
其实活着
It's actually so important to...
很重要
to being alive.
想看看吗
Want to check it out?
觉得怎么样
What do you think?
漂亮
It's beautiful.
兴风作浪的人
为什么有的人对他们的
Why are some people okay with the way things are
人生就坦然接受了
for their whole life?
其他人确是不安定的
Other people have, like, a restlessness.
几乎罗布做的所有事
Almost everything Rob did
都有可争议的程度
came with some measure of controversy.
剧集 | 纽约客再现(2015) | 导航列表