剧集 | 纽约客再现(2015) | 导航列表
the power of the vagina to punish the god?
太了不起了
I mean, that's an incredible thing.
那可是了不起的阴♥部♥
That's quite a vagina, Marina.
这就是主旨
That's the-- That's the whole idea,
我喜欢仪式中
and I love that you have the power,
的能量
you know, that energy.
我听过你说
You know, I've heard you say that the reason
贯穿历史男性艺术家
there are so many more great men artists
比女性艺术家多的原因是
than women artists throughout history
女性不愿做出同等牺牲
is that women aren't willing to make the same sacrifices.
这是你的看法对吗
That's something you think, right?
- 完全正确 - 好吧
- That's totally true. - Okay.
但是你还说过使男人
But you also said that what has enabled men
总是可以
is that there's always, you know,
凌晨四点就工作
there's some man artist working at 4 in the morning,
来源于他的女朋友半夜
and he has his girlfriend come and give him hot soup
来他的工作室里嘘寒问暖
in the middle of the night in his studio, right?
哪个伟大的女艺术家有热汤喝
And which woman great artist gets the hot soup?
没人知道女性喝不到热汤
Nobody know that women do not get the great hot soup.
简直不幸
Is complete disaster. No hot soup.
但你不觉得这种
But don't you think that that sort of recognition
不公平的认知
of a structural inequality like that,
是女权主义吗
that's feminism?
也许你是对的 但是我从来没这么想
You see, maybe you're right, but I never think that way.
我更愿意去思考
I'm much more interested to think
就我的目的而言
in terms of what is my purpose on this planet,
我真的想成为一名艺术家
that I really want to be an artist,
我在做的事
that I'm doing what I'm doing,
是一种
and-- and now is kind of
提升人类意识
to elevate the consciousness of human beings,
改变意识的行为
to change consciousness.
我认为我们只能通过改变意识
I think that we can only change this world
才能改变世界
if we change consciousness.
嗨
Hi.
我在哪里
Well, where I was?
另一个星球
On another planet.
我感兴趣的是我怎么做
I'm interested in how I can do,
做什么以及我人生中的个人层次
what I can do, my personal level in my lifetime.
上帝和一个带橄榄球头盔穿着紧身泳装
总是在超级市场旁边大喊大叫的人
我知道真♥相♥
I have the truth!
我有实话要告诉你们
I have the truth to tell all of you!
注意这个警告
Heed this warning!
你们不会在地球上久留了
You will not be on this earth for very much longer!
世界末日要来了
These are the end of days!
今天怎么样
How did it go today?
赢得新的跟随者了吗
Win any new followers?
没有 上帝 我很抱歉
No, I'm afraid not, God. I'm sorry.
你告诉他们新闻了 对吗
You told them the news, right?
距离世界末日还有四天
That the world's ending in four days.
四天
Four days!
四天 人类
Four days, people,
我们所知道的生命将不复存在
and life as we know it will cease to exist!
懊悔吧
Repent!
世界末日要来了
These are the end of days, man.
你有什么感受
How do you feel about that, huh?
我告诉他们了
Yes, I told them.
你有做标示吗
Did you make the sign?
地球将一无所有
The earth will be laid bare!
世界末日
World ends!
最后的日子了 人类
Fin de los días, people.
这就是我在说的
That's what I'm talking about.
不好意思毁了你的一天 但是...
Sorry to ruin your day, but--
我做了标志牌
Yes, I made the sign.
我提出来的那个怎么样
What about that thing I came up with, you know,
你很快地挥舞你的双臂
where you swing your arms around really fast?
世界末日要来了 没错
Aah! The end is coming! The end is coming! Yes!
我试过很多次了
Yeah, I tried that a lot.
我刚刚有了一个想法 上帝
You know, I actually just had a thought, God.
如果我穿着更适当的衣服比如一件衬衫会怎么样
What if I wore something more socially acceptable, like a shirt--
我对我的先知有着严格的着装要求
I have a very strict dress code for my prophets.
就戴头盔穿紧身泳裤
It's helmet, Speedo.
就这样不说了
End of story.
我再不会事后劝告你
I know, and I would never second-guess you.
我只是觉得人们看到我穿衣服
I just think that people may have a better reaction
会有更好的反应
if I wore a suit.
你说的也有道理
You have a good point, yes.
太棒了 我希望你可能看到...
Good! I was hoping that you might see--
用铝箔做一件长袍
Construct a gown made of aluminum foil
然后把你自己包起来
and gird yourself with it.
我真不觉得会管用
I just really don't think that that's going to work.
当然会管用
Of course it's going to work.
如果你看见一个穿着铝箔的人
If you saw a guy dressed entirely in aluminum foil,
你不会忽略他的 对吗
you wouldn't ignore him, right? No.
你会坐在他旁边看他有什么要说的
You would sit right down and see what he had to say.
好吧
Fine.
对不起
I'm sorry!
好吧
Well,
没有我预计的进展好
that didn't go as well as I'd expected.
太丢人了
Humiliating.
我们为什么不在十字路口试试呢
Why don't we try down at the intersection?
我打赌你会更有运气
I bet you'd have more luck down there.
好吧
Okay.
我觉得你应该做一块更大的牌子
I think you should make your sign bigger.
你知道吗
You know?
最后一件事
And one last thing.
什么
What?
抬起你的头
Keep your head up.
多谢 上帝
Thanks, God.
- 好极了 - 马上回来
- Great. - Be right back, Ma'am.
好吧
All right. All right.
什么在激励着Hayes?
有一只青蛙
That's a frog.
这是树蛙的一种
So that , that's one of the tree frogs.
那是灰树蛙
That's the gray tree frog.
那只
That one.
看见底部有东西在动吗
See something moving on the bottom?
那不是鱼 绝对是蝌蚪
That's not fish. It's definitely tadpoles.
有意思的是爬虫学
It's funny, the word herpetology,
这词来自希腊语
from the Greek.
意思是研究生活在别的生物下的生物
It means the study of things that live under things.
这是一只蟾蜍
That's a toad.
这也是一只
This is the same one
我以前在我祖母的院子里抓
that we used to catch in my grandmother's yard.
1998年一个农业综合企业,现今被熟知为先正达的公♥司♥要求
Tyrone Hayes一名加州大学伯克利分校的生物学家
研究其公♥司♥的除草剂莠去津对青蛙的影响
Dr.Hayes发现莠去津引起青蛙生殖器官的突变
先正达挑战Dr.Hayes的发现并组建一个小组来诋毁他并质疑他的动机
2014.6.16
南卡罗纳州哥伦比亚
博士 生物学家
加州大学伯克利分校
社区仍然是
I mean, the community still is,
博士 生物学家
加州大学伯克利分校
像大多数南卡罗纳州的社区一样种族分离
like most in South Carolina, segregated,
这整个区域都是黑人聚集地
so this whole area was black.
我见过的第一个白人
Uh, the first white person I ever met
是当我去上中学时
was when I went to middle school
因为我去了另一个区域上学
because I went to a different area for middle school.
你可以走杜松路
So you can go Juniper Street
然后在班尼迪克路上左转
and then make a left on Benedict.
那就是路过我家的街道
That's the street that goes by my house.
天 我可能十年没来了
God, I haven't been here in probably ten years.
你想下车吗
You want to get out?
我不知道
I have no idea.
我不知道谁还住在这
剧集 | 纽约客再现(2015) | 导航列表