剧集 | 纽约客再现(2015) | 导航列表
或者是一只法式斗牛狗吗
Or a French bulldog?
-或者是沙皮狗 -嗯 沙皮狗
- Or shar pei. - Shar pei. Yeah.
是的
Sure.
他呼吸很弱 他后腿已经不行了
His breath was shallow, and his back legs had given out.
他在睡房♥的地毯上拉便便
He shit the carpet in the bedroom.
我是说 厨房♥里到处都是呕吐物
I mean, there's vomit all over the kitchen,
所以我们赶紧送他去最近的急诊室
so we rush him to the nearest ER, and the vet comes out to my car
兽医到我的车上让他安乐死
to put him down, which is
这在加州是完全不合法的
completely illegal in the state of California.
她哭泣着
She's sobbing,
然后她来了句
and then she's like,
我丈夫在路上了
"My husband is en route."
哈哈哈
Ha ha ha.
煮至沸腾
这在很多社区都会出现
It happens in a lot of neighborhoods.
我是说 就看看纽约市好了
I mean, just look at New York City.
太多相同人种 很多...
Yeah, so homogenous now. So, so...
-白种人 -白种人
- white. - White.
你不是白人也可以进上流阶级
You can be a gentrifier and not be white.
我觉得这得取决于你对乡绅化(下层住♥宅♥高档化)的定义了
Well, I guess that depends on your definition of gentrification.
嗯 是的 也有贫穷的白人家庭被
Well, yeah. There is such a thing
有钱的黑人家庭挤出中产阶级
as a poor white family being gentrified out
我是说很多有钱的黑人家庭
by a rich black family. I mean, plenty of rich blacks,
你懂的 都搬到些未开♥发♥的地方
you know, move to underdeveloped areas
就是一些不以非白人为主流的地方
where, you know, it's predominately non-black.
这肯定不是这样的
That's definitely not how that goes.
我是负责唱反调的
I was playing devil's advocate.
美国黑人作家、散文家、戏剧家和社会评论家
我读詹姆斯·鲍德温的作品
I read James Baldwin.
切除肥肉
-嘿 -嗯
- Hey, uh... - Yeah.
-太好了
- It was amazing. - Aw.
好极了 谢谢 非常谢谢
Amazing. Thank you. Thank you so much.
-谢谢 -嗯
- Thank you. - Yeah.
-很高兴认识你们 -是的
- Great meeting you guys. - Yeah.
我们能去个四人约会 对吧
We got to double-date, right?
-噢 是的 不用那么疯狂 -嗯 对的
- Oh, yeah. A little less crazy. - Yeah, right.
-太好了 -走吧
- It was so great. - Let's go.
-太好了 -来吧
- So great. - Come on.
-来吧 -好
- Come on. - Okay.
-怎么了 不 我懂 -你确定什么都不要吗
- What? Yeah. No, I know. - Are you sure we can't do anything?
-不用了 我们很好 -晚安
- No, we're good. - Good night.
谢谢
Thank you.
大伙们 这太有趣了 我过得很愉快
Guys, it was so much fun. I had the best time.
谢谢邀请我
Thank you so much for having me.
让我们尽快再聚一次吧
And, uh, yeah, let's do it again soon.
嗯 尽快安排
Yeah, soon.
嘿 苏珊送来问候
Hey. Susan sends her love.
谢谢
Uh, thanks so much.
照顾好自己了 这太好了 味道非常好
Yeah. Take care. That was great, really delicious.
谢谢
Thank you.
-好了。-嗯晚安
- All right. - All right. Good night.
晚安
Good night.
让每位客人带回他们带给自己的疑惑感和愤怒感
狼嘴餐厅
十五年前
15 years ago,
我知道我想要做什么
I knew what I wanted to do,
但我又不是完全明白
but I wasn't fully there yet.
我只是有个想法 开家餐厅
I just had ideas like creating a restaurant
是以天堂地狱为基础的
that was heaven- and hell-based.
客人进来
People would come in,
他们会做选择
and they would choose
他们想去哪边坐
which side they wanted to go on.
貌似很俗的想法
It was such a cheesy idea,
但我对走进来的人
but I was more interested
的心理状态
in what the psychology
更感兴趣
of the person walking in would be.
那时候 我或许会选择地狱
At the time, I would probably have chose hell
因为某种程度来说我还是在地狱
because I was still in hell in a way.
这是我父亲和母亲还在一起的时候照的
This was taken when my mom and my dad were together.
我父亲写在后面的
My dad wrote this on the back.
这曾经是一个幸福的家庭
我认为搬到亚历桑那州是一切糟糕事情的起点
I think the move to Arizona was the shift in,
你懂的 就像我人生的低潮
you know, the kind of downward spiral of my life.
这些年我没再开车穿过这里
I haven't driven through this in years.
哇 看看四周
Wow. I'm just like looking around.
目睹这一切 卧♥槽♥
I'm, like, seeing, like, spots from, like... Holy shit, that's...
我从内华达州的劳克林河对岸长大的
I grew up across the river from Laughlin, Nevada.
你有很多不切实际的东西
You have a lot of escapism.
在非常小的时候 这就是你学的东西
At a really early age, that's what you learn.
这是你在这个周而复始的循环中的
You're in this perpetual cycle
一些起起伏伏的时刻
of these really just extreme up-and-down moments
某天你就中大奖
One day you hit a jackpot,
然后你就沾上酒和毒品
and then you mix that with alcohol, drugs,
事情就源源不断了
and things that never close,
因为能进酒店房♥间
with access to hotel rooms.
那是搞砸的好机会
It's a perfect storm of fucked-up.
我在布尔海德市的一个街道上长大
The street that I grew up on...
那就是个贩毒的街道
Bullhead City was just a drug trafficking street.
他们制♥作♥毒品 卖♥♥掉它们 或者卖♥♥食品救济券
They make drugs, sell drugs, or they sell food stamps.
然后他们用得到的钱买♥♥毒品
And then they buy drugs with that cash that they get.
当我妈妈遇到了埃米特的时候 他刚刚出监狱
When my mom met Emmett, he'd just came out of the penitentiary,
他是重度瘾君子 于是把我妈也拉进去了
and he was really hardcore into drugs and then pulled her in.
我记得他的纹身
I remember his tattoos.
看起来像 一个女人 身上有个骷髅
It was, like, a skeleton face on, like, a woman's body
眼睛里有燃烧的十字标志
with flaming swastikas in her eyes.
我的屋子在这
My spot's right here.
事实上 他们在上面
They actually put little...
建了不错的小房♥子
nice little house on it.
只要他们知道
If only they knew it was,
这里以前就像是制冰♥毒♥的移♥动♥实验室
like, just some running meth lab before.
那有个拖车被封了
There was a trailer boarded up,
像是自己的阴阳魔界
like its own little Twilight Zone.
窗户上有些小板条
There was one little slat in the window
所以你可以看到有没有警♥察♥来
so you could see if the cops were going to come.
填满料...
Stuffings and pâtés, and in any...
当你嗨起来的时候食物不是优先考虑的事情
Food is not a priority when you're high.
看那个小妖精 他有护身符
Look at that leprechaun! He's got Lucky Charms!
他们不饿 他们吸毒的快♥感♥结束后就饿了
They're not hungry. They're hungry on their come-down.
他们快♥感♥结束的时候是最毛骨悚然的时候
When they're coming down is like when it's the most hellish.
艾米特会从外面锁上门
And Emmett would lock the door from the outside
所以我没办法离开房♥子
so I couldn't get out of the house.
如果我想去上学 你就得出来
If I had wanted to go to school, you have to get out.
我会早上4点开始在街上徘徊
I would just be up roaming the streets at 4:00 in the morning.
我在家里曾因为毒品 头被枪指着
I've had a gun held to my head over drugs in my house.
你看到人们过量吸食毒品 我把他们拖出来
You see people OD. I'd just drag them out.
埃米特试图用汽油喷我
Emmett would try to spray me with gasoline
像比赛一样追着我
and then chase me around with a match,
说着 我会把你点着
like "Oh, I'm gonna light you on fire,"
像是在讲笑话一样
like it's a fucking joke.
那个区域被消灭了
That area got wiped out.
我们的拖车没着火 是在我们后面那辆
Our trailer wasn't on fire. It was the one behind us.
一处在制冰♥毒♥ 其他处也在制冰♥毒♥
The one's making meth, the other's making meth.
后来 埃米特 轻描淡写的说
Later, Emmett had alluded to, like, just,
哦 是啊 我在那抽过烟
"Oh, yeah, I flicked a little cigarette over there."
想很快的开过这条街吗
Want to drive down this street real quick?
我家里人♥大♥多不知道
Most of my family didn't even really know
身体 言语 和情感虐待的程度
the extent of the physical, verbal, emotional abuse.
我外祖母曾经住在这
My grandma used to live here,
所以我们都过来玩
so we all used to come over here and hang out.
你要去上烹饪学校
So you're going to culinary school?
是 我要去巴黎蓝带厨艺学校
Yeah, I'm going to be going to the Cordon Bleu schools
-在亚利桑那州的斯科茨代尔 -哦 不错
- in Scottsdale, Arizona. - Oh, nice.
剧集 | 纽约客再现(2015) | 导航列表