剧集 | 纽约客再现(2015) | 导航列表
睡觉的看门狗保护的地点
protected by sleeping dogs
之后还能提着一大包银器
and get away with a bag of silver
开溜 逃进夜色之中
and ride off into the night.
他会偷走银器
He would take the silver,
用哑铃砸碎
crash it with a dumbbell,
砸成粉末
smash it all down,
所有无价的银器
all the silver that's priceless,
都会被他拿走
then he would take it
运到精炼厂
and ship it to the refinery.
反过来他会拿到纯银的
And in turn he would get a percentage
一部分
of the weight of the silver.
偷走的都是传家宝
They're heirloom objects.
最有可能是
It's most likely to be
上层阶级白人
the white upper-class individual
因痛失祖母的银器而悲痛
who is devastated by the loss of Grandma's silver.
让我们现实点吧 有些人
I mean, let's face it. Some people look at this
把他看做侠盗罗宾汉的形象
as, like, almost like a Robin Hood figure.
唯一的问题是
The only trouble with Blane is,
布兰没有把钱分给穷♥人♥
instead of giving the money to the poor,
而是进了他自己的腰包
it goes in Blane's pocket.
你可曾感到你身上有种运气
我真的相信人有第六感
我认为你意识得越多 你的第六感就越强
有个警♥察♥路过
他就踩在我的腿上
什么都没发生
我就那么一直保持冻僵的状态直到天又黑了
我想: 操他的 我还是要赚点钱
他就像需要治疗的癌症
And he is a cancer that needs to be treated.
他的性格是抓我来试试
And his personality is "Catch me if you can."
朗尼和他有种怪异的联♥系♥
Lonnie's linked to him, like, in a weird way.
他们之间有一种尊重
There is a respect there,
但是我认为也有互相的憎恨
but I think there also is a mutual hatred.
因为我毁了他的激动的机会
Because I ruin his-- his, uh, his thrill.
我就是过山车的
I'm the-- I'm the bottom
底部 你懂吗
of that roller coaster ride, you know?
我说服我上司
I convinced my boss
给我一支监视队伍
to give me a surveillance team.
16名警官通宵埋伏
16 officers were there overnight.
我们希望通过监视
We had hoped to set up surveillance
可以抓他个现行
and catch him in the act.
那也没起多大作用
And, uh-- -- that didn't work out so well.
我回到家接到局长的电♥话♥让我去他办公室
I get home, get a call from my chief to get in his office.
我去了 他说 我授权了这次监视
I get in, and he said, "I authorized this overtime.
你能告诉我为什么吗
Can you tell me why?"
我说 因为我们阻止他昨晚的作案
And I said, "Because we prevented him from hitting last night
真的吗? 局长说 他得手了
because--" "Really?" He said, "He hit."
我说 我能告诉你他不在的地方
I said. "I could tell you the area he wasn't in:
这两个街区为半径的周围
this two-block radius."
他说 这就是他作案的地点
He said, "That's the area that he hit."
三次作案 我们从来没看见过他
Three times, and we never saw him.
更不用说
Needless to say, my next
我接下来的几个监视小组的
couple of requests for surveillance teams
请求从来没被批准
weren't always approved.
捉获布兰太难了
It's tough to pin him down.
他非常神出鬼没
The guy is pretty spooky.
我那会知道
I knew at that point
他在一个汽车旅馆里住着
that he was living in a motel.
我们提前在隔壁的房♥间
We called from the adjoining room moments before
打电♥话♥问他
and said, "We're with the hotel.
我们到了 你明天要退房♥吗 他说 是的
Are you checking out tomorrow?" And he said yes.
就像动画片里的一样
It was something out of a cartoon.
特警破门而入
The fuchsia team went in.
他们看起来像费城老鹰队运动员
They look like the Philadelphia Eagles.
他们身强体壮 每个人冲进房♥间里
They were gigantic. Everybody's rushing around.
他们说他不在这里
They're saying he's not in here.
我掏出手♥枪♥
I had my gun out,
我听见门转动的声音
and I looked at the crack of the door.
他就躲在门后
He sucked it up. He was behind the door.
我伸出我的左手
I reached around with my left hand
抓住他的头发
and grabbed him by the hair.
他抓着我的手 我们扭打在一起
He grabbed my hand, and now we're struggling.
然后我把他甩出去
And I just flipped him.
我们摔到电视柜上
The two of us went over the TV stand.
电视是开着的 冒着烟
The TV was on. It was smoking.
他爬起来
He went up on the floor
我骑在他背上
and me on his back.
我骑在他身上大概4英尺
And I rode him for about 4 feet.
当他站起来 他左脸颊下边
When he got up, he had a rug burn
有个烧伤的痕迹
down the side of his cheek,
这让我有点欣慰
which gave me some satisfaction.
我是个70年代的警♥察♥
I was a cop from the '70s, you know?
带走他 和他搏斗
Let's get out there. Let's wrestle.
带他去监狱
Let's-- Let's go to jail.
再次启程
And let's move on.
布兰被拘捕后他接受认罪协议
5年监禁只服刑了两年半
他出狱后 我对他说
After he got out of jail, I said to him,
来见我 我来帮助你
"Come see me. I'll help you.
我们一起想办法
"We can work something out.
我帮你找工作
"I'll get you a job,
不管是在保险公♥司♥
"Whether it's with an insurance company
还是制银厂或是报♥警♥系统公♥司♥
or a silver company or an alarm system company."
我认为不到三秒
And I don't think it was three seconds.
他说 不 我不想
He goes, "No, I don't think so."
他本可以说 哦 当然
He could have said, "Oh, sure, sure, sure,"
但那样就不是布兰了
you know, but, uh, no. That's not Blane.
你的未来是什么
当你老了 事物的意义也就变了
你开始意识到什么才是有着价值的
生命是如此的短暂和脆弱
我想结婚
我想有一天有自己的孩子
我和家人的关系一直很疏远
我想和他们重修于好
你会做别的工作吗
康奈尔打电♥话♥给我说
Cornell would call me:
我们觉得他出狱了 在这片区域活动
"We think he's out, and we think he's in this area."
历史开始重现
That pit would start to churn and churn.
我放不下 我不能让布兰继续下去
I couldn't let go. I couldn't let Blane be Blane.
这些通常纠缠着警探的案子
There are cases that essentially haunt detectives,
都是未破的案子
but usually those are unsolved cases.
就是银器大盗
It's silver thefts.
为什么永远驻足在你脑海中
Why does that live in your mind forever?
人们说 你已经退休了 为什么纠结
People were like, "You're retired. Why?
你又不会得到报酬
"You're not getting paid.
你从中什么都得不到
You're not getting anything for this."
通过他的自大 让我可以继续调查
Through his arrogance, it kept me going.
我开始上网查找布兰的踪迹
I started going online and checking where Blane was.
一旦我搞明白笔记本电脑 我就如虎添翼了
And once I figured out that laptop, I was golden.
就像下象棋
It's like a chess match.
你必须把一个局拼在一起
You have to try to put together a pattern
但又不是一个局
but it wasn't a pattern
只是在你的管辖权里
that was just in your jurisdiction.
我开始被来自
I started getting inundated
南卡罗纳州
with photos from South Carolina,
北卡罗纳州 乔治亚州的图片淹没
North Carolina, Georgia,
我锁定亚特兰大后说
I called down to Atlanta and said,
我知道谁偷了你
"I know who's doing your burglaries."
我们组成一个专案组
So we formed a task force
全部是南部地区的人
of all the Southern communities,
我们一起查案
and we went to work.
我们拦截到一次出货
And that's why we actually intercepted a shipment.
他运输了超过729磅的纯银
He shipped over 729 pounds of silver.
他只是移了地方
All he did was turn it over,
除了一些他南下
except for some silver
偷的银器
in his last march through the South,
他真的偷了保罗·列维尔
and he actually stole teaspoons
制♥造♥的茶匙
that were produced by Paul Revere.
对他来说是一个战利品
剧集 | 纽约客再现(2015) | 导航列表