剧集 | 纽约客再现(2015) | 导航列表
我想念你
I miss you.
我们并不伤心
We're not sad.
我们并不伤心
We're not sad.
- 再见 - 再见
- Bye now. - Bye-bye.
他现在看起来真像你
He really does look like you now.
因为他以前从来没有留过那样的胡子
Because he's never had a beard like that.
我把这个男孩教的很好
I taught the boy well.
Jonathan提出了一个想法
Jonathan came up with that idea
邀请作者到这里来
to invite writers here.
所有人都知道这个地方 所有人都很好奇
Everybody knew about it. Everybody was curious.
沙龙就这么诞生了
So that's the way the salons were born.
这是一个不得已的秘密
It was a secret by necessity.
当人们开始来的时候
I mean, when people first started coming
都是小群体
and it was small groups,
每个夜晚都很完美
every night was a perfect night.
我第一次来Brazenhead的时候
I first came to Brazenhead.
我马上感觉 "上帝啊
Instantly I was like, "Oh, my God.
这个地方就是我的梦想之地"
This is like from my dreams."
我喜欢书 所以进入这个
I love books, so coming into an apartment
在地板和天花板之间塞满书的公♥寓♥
that was filled entirely floor to ceiling with books
对我来说是十分迷人的事情
was just amazing to me.
感觉十分酷
It just felt very cool,
我仿佛走进了一个小秘密
like I had walked in on a little secret.
我认为这就是为什么这么多人
I think that's why so many people
对这个地方充满了情感
have gotten so emotional about the place.
这里就是一个社区论♥坛♥
It's a community forum.
对我来说是最困难的事情
That was the hardest thing for me
就是告诉所有的人这个书店将要关门了
to tell all the people that I knew were going to be upset
我知道这会让大家很失望
that the shop was closing.
就像是失去一个深爱的人
It's like losing a loved one
但是你必须--
and now you have to go--
必须回家并且打电♥话♥给所有人告诉他们这个消息
now you have to go home and call people and tell them.
应该开♥发♥一个有这种功能的应用软件
There should be an app for that.
谁知道接下来会发生什么?
Who knows what's next?
有些事情将要发生了
Something's coming.
我是一个十分开放的人
I'm a totally open person.
我觉得我就像是这个书店
I think I'm like the bookshop.
Brazenhead就是我
Brazenhead c'est moi.
不戴面具的男人
墨西哥 华雷斯城
当我是一个小孩的时候 我认为我什么都不是
When I was a kid, I thought I was a nobody.
我认为我是一个被遗弃的人
I thought I was a reject.
我认为我不属于这个世界
I thought I didn't belong in this world.
当我成为一个异装摔跤手
And when I became an exótico wrestler,
感觉 我回家了
it's like, Wow, I'm home.
当我开始化妆的时候
And then I start getting on my make-up,
我感觉自己很美丽 很女性化
and ooh, I feel so pretty, so feminine,
然后我女性化的一面就显现出来
and my feminine side comes out.
我喜欢我自己女性化的一面
I love the female part of me.
我喜欢亮晶晶的东西
I love to shine.
这就是为什么他们叫我
That's why they call me
自♥由♥摔跤界的列勃拉斯(美国钢琴演奏家)
the Liberace of lucha libre.
但是一旦通往摔跤的门打开后
But once those doors open
他们就会说"Cassandro上场"
and they say "And now Cassandro,"
然后我男性化的一面就会显现出来
then my man side comes out
因为我在摔跤场上必须成为一个男人
because I got to be a man in the ring.
我是一个来自墨西哥的异装摔跤手
I am an exótico luchador from Mexico,
我已经从事摔跤27年
and I've been wrestling for 27 years.
异装就是一个穿的妖艳的摔跤手
An exótico is a flamboyant wrestler.
在我们墨西哥文化中
In our Mexican culture,
自♥由♥摔跤是仅次于足球的第二大运动
lucha libre is the second biggest sport after soccer.
在墨西哥这就是一种信仰
It's like a religion in Mexico.
就是坏的和好的对抗
It's the evil versus the good,
天使和恶魔的对抗
the angels versus the devils.
甚至是当我被暴打的时候 我仍然爱它
Even if I'm getting beat up, I love it.
你可以很自♥由♥并且展开你的翅膀
You can be free and spread your wings
飞到你所想的高度
and fly as-- as high as you want.
这个是百搭
我可以穿红色的或者白色的
I can do red, or I can do white.
这就是那个使我看起来很棒的人
This is the man that makes me look good.
这些是他做的东西
This is some of the stuff that he has made.
所有的都是亮闪闪的
It's all about the bling-bling.
我觉得身为同性恋穿粉红色不合适
I thought I was too gay to use pink,
但是当他给我做了这件
but then he made me this one,
我开始喜欢粉红色了
and I was like "Yay." I love pink now.
你做的吗
Tú hiciste?
你知道我的灵感来自哪里吗
Do you know where I get my ideas from?
花样滑冰
Figure skating.
回到今日
Way back in the day,
异装者不可能有出路
exóticos couldn't come out,
但是他们可以扮演马戏团的小丑
but they would play like the clowns of the circus.
当我开始摔跤的时候
And when I started wrestling,
我说''我不想成为一个异装癖
I said, "I don't want to be an exótico
或者是类似的''
or nothing like that."
所以我成为了Mr.Romano 坏男孩中的一员
So I was Mr. Romano, one of the bad guys.
一旦把面具戴上
Once they put the mask on,
没有任何人认识我
it was like nobody knows me.
所以这给我很多力量 让我成为男人
So it gave me a lot of, like, grr, power, man, like grr.
我不想让别人知道我是一个同性恋
I didn't want people to know that I was a gay guy,
但是人们开始注意到这点 并叫我--
but people started noticing and calling me names--
同志 同性恋 基佬
queer, gay, faggot--
然后我的反应是 ''你怎么看出来''
and I was like, "How can you tell?"
你怎么看出来的
How can you tell?
然后有一个巨大机会出现了
And then the big opportunity came.
在华雷斯城的一个大的公♥司♥
The big company in Ciudad Juárez
需要一个异装者
needed an exótico,
所有的事情进行的很顺利
and they all went like--
我的表现是"别看我"
I was like, "Don't look at me."
那是我出柜的日子
That was my coming out date.
我把我所有的那一面都展现出来了
And I went all out,
我决定一旦进行这个转变
for I decided if I'm going to make this a transition,
我就要好好的转变
I'm going to make it the whole 9 yards.
所以这就是现在吸引人们的东西
So now that's what attracts people.
''他接下来将会穿什么''
"What is he going to wear?"
世界上存在很多很棒的异装者
There's a lot of really good exóticos out there,
但是我已经独自进行了27年
but what I've developed along my 27 years
展现出了一个异装者的尊严
is to show the exóticos with respect and dignity.
一旦我进入了摔跤场
So once I get in the ring,
我想告诉人们我为什么会出现在摔跤场
it's I want to show people why I'm in the ring.
因为我是一个真正的摔跤手
It's because I'm a true wrestler.
但是自♥由♥式摔跤会受伤
But lucha libre is about getting hurt.
我换过三次牙
I've bought my teeth three times.
牙齿被
They've been like--
撞掉或踢断过
with chairs or kicks.
我前额缝过多少针
I have how many stitches up in my forehead?
我不知道
I don't know.
墨西哥式摔跤很疯狂
Lucha libre in Mexico is crazy.
会对身体有很大的伤害
What we do to our bodies is very damaging.
我第一次受伤
My first injury,
是从腰以下瘫痪了15天
I was paralyzed 15 days from the waist down.
我差点被压成两半
I twisted-- I folded almost in half.
因为脑震荡我进过
I've been hospitalized eight times
医院八次
for head concussions.
医生说
The doctors are like,
你为什么要做这些疯狂的
"Why do you do all these crazy balcony jumps
上蹿下跳的动作
and crazy flights?"
我玩的就是心跳
And I'm an adrenaline junkie.
但是现在我已45岁
But now, at 45 years old...
我的身体真的吃不消了
my body is-- is really broken.
我必须
I have--
和疼痛休战
had to make peace with the pain.
从前面开始
剧集 | 纽约客再现(2015) | 导航列表