剧集 | 纽约客再现(2015) | 导航列表
Yes.
如果有一个秘密的大陪审团
If there was a secret grand jury
我们甚至都不会在这 没有人会在这
we wouldn't even be here. Nobody would be here.
是啊 是啊
Right, right, right.
只会有他们
It would just be them
和他们的那堆废话
and their usual bullshit, you know?
是的 你要做的就是把其中一个警♥察♥送进监狱
Right. All's you got to do it put one cop in jail,
其余的人就会睁眼了
and the rest of them are going to open their eyes up
- 然后开始 - 正是
- and start-- - Exactly.
办事一丝不苟
...dotting their I's and crossing their T's
和按照宪法维护治安
and policing constitutionally
因为他们不会想成为下一个
because they don't want to be the next cop
- 进监狱的警♥察♥ - 正是 但
- to be throwed in jail. - Exactly, but--
我在去动物园的路上
I was on the way to the zoo,
看到迈克·戈麦斯举着标语站在那
and there's Mike Gomez standing with a sign
上面写着 阿尔伯克基警署杀了我儿子
saying "APD killed my son,"
你瞧 我不是唯一的一个
and, lo and behold, I'm not the only one.
没有人希望
We're all part of a family
成为我们这样的家庭中的一员
that no one wants to be a part of.
这是一种自然的本能
It's a natural instinct
去为你爱的人争取正义
to want to get justice for your loved one.
我自己的想法吓到我了
My own thoughts scared me, you know.
我在想
I had, uh, um...
要去
thoughts of-- of-- of--
杀了那个杀了我儿子的人
of murdering the man that murdered my son.
我儿子从伊♥拉♥克♥回来
My son came back from Iraq
有创伤后应激障碍
with post-traumatic stress disorder.
他被枪击的那天早上
The morning he was shot,
警方从一开始就引发了
the officer triggered a PTSD episode
激发创伤后应激障碍的情况
and escalated the situation from the get-go.
我儿子站在那 被用枪指着头
My son stood there with a gun to his head
说他不会去伤害任何人
and said that he wasn't going to hurt no one.
他没有威胁任何人
He wasn't posing a threat to anyone.
十分钟之内 警♥察♥解除了他的武器
Ten minutes in, the officer discharged his weapon
然后击打了我儿子的颈部
and actually struck my son in the neck.
他倒在那抽搐
He laid there and convulsed
在流血过多后死亡
and died after he had bled out.
然后他们点了披萨
And then they ordered pizza.
他们就在那举♥行♥了披萨派对
They had a pizza party right there,
跨过我儿子的身体
stepping over my son's body.
并且警♥察♥没有被追究责任
And the officer wasn't held accountable.
每次想到我都很想哭
I just want to cry every time I think about it.
我们的国家里怎么会发生这样的事情
How could this happen in this country?
那是詹姆斯·博伊德被杀的山麓
That's the foothills where James Boyd was killed.
这些警官 根据他们的训练
These officers, following their training,
决定使用致命武器
made the decision to use lethal force
来保护一位收到死亡威胁的警官
to protect an officer from a deadly threat.
博伊德先生在九英尺外
Mr. Boyd was 9 feet away.
他在一个高地上双手持刀
He's on high ground with a knife in each hand,
两只手上各有一把
both hands.
证据显而易见
The evidence will be clear
这是警♥察♥出于履行职责
that what this is is justifiable homicide
进行正当的杀人
by a police officer doing his job.
我为那些人感到难过
I feel bad for those guys.
我是说 这有点像是我面对的情形
I mean, it's kind of like my situation,
除了我没有 面对起诉
except I'm not being-- I'm not facing charges.
我在报告中澄清了杀人
Homicide's already kind of cleared my report
是出于正当理由的
and said, you know, it was justified.
已经是定论了
It was cut and dry.
那里就是事发地
And that's where it was at.
她转向我
She turned on me,
挥舞着她的枪向我的脸
uh, brandished her firearm toward my face.
我向枪管的下方看
I was looking down the barrel of it.
我记得看到她的手指在扳机上
I remember seeing her finger on the trigger,
我最终向她开枪了
and I ended up firing and shooting her
杀了她
and killing her.
在结束枪击后 我没有录像
After the shooting, I didn't have video.
我知道我没有
I knew I didn't have video
因为相机没有插电
because the camera was unplugged.
我在那之后被解雇了
I was fired shortly after.
我觉得这样的终止是不妥的
I felt that I was wrongfully terminated.
干得好
Good job.
我去了射击场 开了枪
I went out to the range and shot my firearm,
然后就可以回到工作了
and I was good to go back to work.
扔得好
Good throw.
仍然在为拿回工作而奋斗
Still fighting to get my job back.
我是说 你为此训练
I mean, you trained for it,
而且 基于我的训练
and, based off my training--
这让我 活了下来
I mean, that's what-- I survived.
为赢得胜利而战斗
Fight to win.
我宁愿被法庭审判都好过自己被杀
I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by six.
我爸爸是个英雄
My daddy's a hero.
我们有最优秀的训练 最完善的装备
We're the best trained, best equipped,
和最大的警♥察♥部队
and largest police force in the state.
- 请讲 - 那么你们要做什么
- Yes? - So what do you get to do?
他们被训练成那样
They're trained to go out there
拔枪
and arm bar-T's,
中心开两枪 第三枪射击在头上
shoot center mass twice, third shot to the head.
他们的做法是出于他们的训练
They're doing what they're trained to do.
我们不需要警♥察♥局军事化
We don't need a police department to be militarized.
我们需要一个可以正当处理
We need a police department to be equipped
精神疾病人的警♥察♥局
to be able to handle mentally ill people
而不是打死他们
without beating the living crap out of them.
当你活着回家的时候 不仅仅是美好的一天
It shouldn't just be a good day when you come home alive.
每天你的生活都出于风险中
Every day your life is at risk.
但如果你遇到的每个人都能活着回家
But it should be a good day
就应该是美好的一天
when all the people you encounter come home alive.
就我看来
I mean, that would be better training for them,
那是对他们更好的训练
it seems to me.
什么样的犯罪
What was the crime
引起了这样准军事化的反应
that prompted this massive paramilitary response?
这不是恐怖行动
Uh, it was not a terrorist act.
这是非法露营
It was illegal camping.
从基础上来讲
At its basic foundation,
治安必须是一个宪法程序
policing has to be a constitutional process.
你可以整天都强硬执法
You can do law enforcement all day long.
如果你不担心宪法的话 这很容易
It's easy if you don't worry about the Constitution.
留给我们做决定的时间只有一刹那
We have split seconds to make a decision
开枪或者不开枪
to shoot or don't shoot.
然后人们将会永远分隔
And then people have forever to tear it apart.
在这个案件中
The facts that establish
事实的建立
probable cause in this case
不是从要保护自己的
come not from the impressions of the brothers in blue
穿蓝衣服的兄弟处获得
who came in to protect their own
而是从直接 确凿的证据中得来
but from the direct, hard evidence--
这样的证据没有偏见
the kind of evidence that has no bias
并且无法掩盖事实的真♥相♥
and is incapable of shading the truth.
来吧 别担心安全问题
All right, don't worry about safety.
你不是个该死的鸟
You're not a fucking bird.
好吗 试试 瞄准心脏
All right? Try it. To the heart.
他会伤害你的
He's going to harm you.
- 好吗 - 开枪
- All right? - Do it.
- 趴下 - 趴到地上
- Get down! - Get on the ground!
- 趴在地上 - 趴在地上
- Get on the ground! - Get on the ground!
趴在地上
Get on the ground!
别逼我--
Don't make me--
跟上
Move in!
- 还好吗 伙计 - 跟上
- Okay, buddy? - Moving up.
起来
Get your ass up!
他手里还拿着刀吗
Still got the knife in his hand?
还拿着
剧集 | 纽约客再现(2015) | 导航列表