剧集 | 纽约客再现(2015) | 导航列表
When I stumbled back into my folks' home,
我只是咧着嘴大笑
now, I'm just sort of, like, grinning and laughing.
我妈妈看起来吓坏了 看着我像是说
My mom looks terrified, looking at me like,
我儿子不会再回到以前那样了
"Oh, my son's never gonna be the same again."
我想大概是回到父母家一个月后吧
I think I had been back at my parents' house for about a month.
有天早晨我醒来 突然顿悟了
One day, I wake up, and it's an epiphany.
像是 等等 这没道理啊
Like, "Oh. Oh, no, wait, that doesn't make sense.
不对 周围没有摄像机
No, there's no cameras."
在很多方面 我是幸运的
In a lot of ways, I'm just lucky.
如果没有我的家庭照看我
I could see myself having ended up under an overpass somewhere
我可能现在就在某个天桥底下
or totally dead by now,
或者已经死了
if I hadn't had family to keep me in their care.
你知道的 在过去的几个月
You know, over the course of several months,
每天的每一秒钟都在思考
thinking 24 hours a day at a million miles a minute,
可能让我有过一些真的很棒的灵感
there was probably some really good ideas that I had in there,
但我新的想法是 我不能再相信我的大脑了
but my new reality was that I can no longer trust my brain.
现在我回归到了原来的自己
Now I'm back to, more or less, my previous self.
再也没有过那样的感觉
Nothing like that has come back.
我现在也能拥有创意
And I have been able to get back to a creative place.
真实对于我来说
What reality is to me is--
我真的没有一个好答案
I really don't have a good answer.
巴尔扎克的咖啡
据推测十九世纪法国作家奥诺雷·德·巴尔扎克每天喝五十杯咖啡
根据这信息和他维基主页上模糊的实例
接下来可能是他喝每一杯咖啡时的感受
早晨喝杯热咖啡
What a great way to start my day...
来开始新的一天简直棒极了
by drinking a delicious cup of hot coffee.
第二杯咖啡 干杯下肚
Coffee Two, down the old hatch and into my stomach.
我喜欢写作
You know, I love writing,
但我也喜欢一天
but I also love drinking 50 cups of coffee
喝50杯咖啡
every single day.
哦 卧♥槽♥ 伴侣加多了
Oh, rats, put too much cream in that one.
哎呀 又加多了
Ah! Too much cream again.
这杯吸取教训
I will learn from this.
这回没加够
This time, I didn't add enough cream.
盯住奶油比例
Nailed the cream ratio, baby.
我应该写下来这个比例
I should have written down the ratio.
一个人越挑剔 他爱的越少
"The more a man judges, the less he loves."
我是这样描写咖啡的 我抱怨伴侣的时候
I wrote it about coffee, and I should have remembered it
应该记住
when I was complaining about the cream.
嗯 这是幸运的第10杯了
Well, that's lucky cup number 10.
是时候起床干我最擅长的事了
Time to get out of bed and do what I do best--
写故事和传说
writin' stories and tales.
嗯 正事起床之前
Well, maybe just one more cup
再来一杯吧
before I officially get out of bed.
正式下床之前再来一杯
Maybe just one more cup before I officially get out of bed.
现在我下床了 在我的厨房♥里
So I'm out of bed, in my kitchen,
喝更多这种被称为咖啡的
and imbibing more of the terrific drink
极好的饮料
known as coffee.
我很怀疑如果没有这种美妙的豆子
Without the wonderful bean,
我会没有足够的动力来写出
I doubt I would have the energy to write
我最出名的小说集♥合♥
the collection of fiction I am most famous for--
《人间喜剧》
"La Comédie humaine."
这小豆子做出的果汁给了我能量
This tiny bean's juice gives me my power.
噢 为了让我的想象力创造奇迹
Whoo! I need the strength from the bean
我需要这豆子中的能量
in order for my imagination to create wonders.
哦 我喝的太快了
Oh, I drank that one too fast.
头疼
Hurt my head.
你也许会认为这杯我会慢点喝
You'd think I'd have drunk this one slower.
但我不会的 感觉更糟糕了
But, nope, it feels even worse.
这杯我喝的也很快
I drank this one fast, too,
想用它抵消其他杯带来的问题
thinking it would cancel out the other ones...
而且我是对的
and I was right.
哦
Oh!
没有是像喝一杯滚烫的咖啡
Nothing quite like drinking a piping hot cup of coffee
而且没有剧烈头疼的事了
without getting a horrible headache from it.
到底是谁给我煮的这些咖啡呢
Who's making me all this coffee?
哦 我的肚子听起来就像
Oh, my stomach sounds like
世界上最愤怒的海洋
the angriest sea in the entire world.
我该停下来吗
Should I stop?
我刚喝了一杯咖啡
I just drank a cup of coffee.
我又喝了一杯咖啡
I just drank yet another cup of coffee.
已经喝到50杯的一半了
So I'm halfway through my 50 cups.
不幸的是 到这个时候我开始
Unfortunately, it is around this time that I begin
有些厌倦这个味道了
to tire slightly of the taste.
哦 好吧 如果我想写出好文章
Oh, well, I need to push through
就必须逼自己一把
if I wanna write the good words.
真的才11点吗
Is it really only 11 a.M.?
有时候我觉得我过量饮用咖啡了
Sometimes I think I'm overdoing it.
我严重怀疑这样过度饮用咖啡
I seriously wonder if this excessive coffee consumption
会对我的健康有不利影响
will have an adverse effect on my health.
我每天喝50杯咖啡
I drank 50 cups of coffee every day
来成为欧洲现实主义文学之父
to be the father of European Realism in literature.
但代价是什么呢
But at what cost?
嗨 也许别人可以做这个该死的文学先锋
Hey, maybe someone else can pioneer this damn movement.
来 我们假定这个人是法国人
Yeah, let's call this hypothetical person something French.
像福楼拜(法国小说家)这样的人
Something French like Flaubert.
不行 即使对法国人来说
No, Flaubert's too pretentious,
福楼拜也太自命不凡了
even for a Frenchman.
我在有意的做伤害自己的抉择吗
Am I making a conscious choice to harm myself?
再多喝咖啡我肯定会死的
More of this coffee will absolutely kill me.
哦 我的心脏会很快衰竭的
Oh, there is no way my heart does not give out soon.
我51岁就会因为这些恐怖的豆子而死的
I will die at 51 because of the horrible bean!
这些豆子给了我一切
The bean has given me everything...
也会夺走我的所有
and it will take everything away.
这些豆子磨碎了用来做咖啡
The bean is crushed to make the coffee,
正如咖啡成就了我
as I am made by the coffee.
等等 刚刚我在讲西班牙语吗
Wait a minute, was I just speaking Spanish?
我不知道我可以做到啊
I didn't know I could do that.
咖啡真是不可思议
Coffee really is incredible.
我的心跳如此之快
My heartbeat is so fast.
有时我觉得它会跳出我的胸腔
Sometimes I think it's gonna bust out of my ribcage.
等等
Hold on.
胸腔是心脏的监牢吗
Is the ribcage a prison for the heart?
是的 胸腔就是心脏的监牢
Yes, the ribcage is a prison for the heart...
心脏就是胸腔内的囚犯
and the heart is the prisoner inside the ribcage.
我觉得咖啡开始发挥作用了
I think the coffee is starting to kick in,
引导我创作出这些我引以为傲的句子
allowing me to create the good words that I am famous for.
我们体内所有的器官 血液和骨头
And all the organs, bones, and blood inside us,
也都是囚犯
they are prisoners, too.
而皮肤是这一切的监牢
Their prison is the skin.
最重要的 是我们的思想
And finally, there is the mind--
它是最伟大的囚犯
the greatest prisoner of all.
因为包围在思想外界的头骨
And that is because the skull
是多么坚固啊
that surrounds the mind is very hard.
突然觉得这不是个好思路
It now occurs to me that this isn't a very good idea.
还是等我喝完50杯后
I should maybe wait until I've consumed 50 cups
再开始迸发灵感吧
before I start having ideas.
总有一天我会知道是谁为我为我煮的咖啡
One day, I will figure out who makes all this coffee for me.
啊哦
Oops.
嗯 50杯了
Well, that's 50.
你不知道吗
And wouldn't you know it?
关于描述真实的法国社会
I'm beginning to have a really good idea
我已经开始有很好的好灵感了
about depicting French society in a realistic manner.
像往常一样
Like usual--
才早晨11点半
...it's only 11:30 in the morning,
我已经开始期待明天了
and I'm already looking forward to tomorrow,
可以喝到更多我爱的饮料
when I get to drink more of the beverage I love.
咖啡
Coffee.
我是奥诺雷·德·巴尔扎克
I'm Honoré de Balzac.
再会
Au revoir!
第十一大道东
早晨 6:41
往那飞啊 往那飞
剧集 | 纽约客再现(2015) | 导航列表